You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will go through after 90 minutes
62%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after penalties
5%
Real Madrid will go through after penalties
2%
Real Madrid will go through after extra time
No votes
Real Madrid will go through on away goals rule after 90 minutes
12%
Real Madrid will go through on aggregate after 90 minutes
9%

Total votes : 58

Re: [2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby Argeta » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:42 am

Lost my faith in Pep. #PepOut

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:49 am

zuki46 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
MoFattal wrote:I trust our management's wisdom in not doing the silly thing of letting go of Pep at the end of the season.

Yes true, I hope they do it right away, we might miss out on the German Cup too.

Deep breaths everyone. Deep breaths. We have seen much worse, much much worse!

Not really. It's the worst scoreline at Allianz Arena.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:50 am

If Real will win the much wanted decima (if are to play chelsea I doubt) Pep must also be given a winners' medal cause he will have contributed to their success :evil:
Pep has only one thing in his favor = Thiago the nr6 is the main man in his system and when he was gone the system went haywire.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:20 am

By the way f**k Mkhitaryan once more. If it wasn't for his miss we would possibly be celebrating right now. Or at least we would have a German club in the final.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:10 am

Really gutted today.
Very dissappointed with the players but most of all with Pep's tactics.

It was a totally tactical disaster. Pep showed stubborness and deployed the same boring and easily beatable tactics (for a fast counter attacking team like Madrid) we play 1 week ago. After all, he said: " The reason for the defeat is that we didn’t do enough with the ball. We were outstanding in that respect in Manchester and also in Madrid, but not tonight.", so he believes
1. we should have more possession (like the possession was the problem and not our defensive approach)
2. We were outstanding in Madrid (wait, what? we could easily have lost 3-0 there if Real wasn't that wasteful).

After a disastrous night like yesterday, his comments show that he is not willing to change his game plan. And please, don't tell me that we played THAT great in all other games this season, cause I will remind you the game vs City where we almost lost 1st place because of our non-defending approach.

Still remember that in the start of the season (Octomber), I told to a friend of mine that I find Guardiola's tactics way too risky and that a clever coach with fast players would destroy us. I remember mentioning City (lost 2-3), Dortmund (lost 0-3) and Real (lost 0-1, 0-4). Unfortunatelly my fears came true.

Another thing about last night was mentallity. I still remember in 2005 when we were playing against Chelsea with a way much inferior team than now. We had lost 4-2 in their ground, and we were losing 1-2 @ home. BUT we were attacking with menace and managed to score 2 goals between 90'-95' so we won 3-2. We didn't go through either but it was a good example of fighting spirit. Yesterday after 0-1 and even more after 0-2 our players looked defeated already, even though there were 70 minutes left to fight. That's a big problem in our mentallity IMO and we should fix that.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 am

Dont panic MUTU! We lost to a much better team yoo hoo! We still had a great season!
Still we need more players with tenacity and huge balls! can i say Gustavo again.
I think its a natural let down after winning everyingthing to lose ur edge.
But as far as i know if we keep going for only small players we will always be killed in the air on set pieces.
I´d actually prefer to put Mathias Sammer in a position to pull some strings and get some beasts on the field...because Real´s defence was beast!
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:23 am

@Avatarx i believe Pep is a coach who will never tell you what he´s thinking in an interview. I also think he saw this game as lost from the start.
I agree with you what you said, its time for a new philosophy....but against the better teams. Then lets not forget making it to the semi final again and again and again and again and again is an acheivement in itself

-Note to self ..never go to a mexican restaurant to watch a Spanish team kick our asses
--enjoyed, erm watched the game with Tedesco ...great guy!
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:32 am

It's a disappointment, but we have won the Bundesliga in record time. It's only peps first year, and we get lewandowski next year and possibly bastuber back from injury, I see a great bayern future. RM on the other hand, can only rely on CR7 for a few years, and they will be gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nicknickolodean » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:38 am

This game showed the massive faults that Bayern have been playing with lately, which was hidden behind the curtains that is the Bundesliga.
Both Ribery and Robben, on the wings, are not producing what they have done over the years. Under Pep's supposed style of play, they are ordered to cross the ball a lot and occasionally cut in for a shot or so. However, it seems like lately that none of the crosses are happening, and when it does happen, Mandzu does not attempt to even get his head on the ball. What's happening is they are cutting in, but against a tight defense like Real and even Man Utd a tie ago, the angle of any decent shot disappears and the wingers are always forced to give the ball back to Kroos and/or Schweinsteiger, who leads it onto the same cycle of 'tiki taka' (CMs feeding the ball to the full backs, full backs passing to the overlapping wingers, the wingers giving it back to the CMs again, blah blah). Bayern. Is. Not. Going. To. Get. Anywhere, with that kind of stupid pass the ball outside the penalty box play. We don't have a Lionel Messi who is able to sneak past the defensive core after a long lasting tiki taka to tuck the goal, nor do we have a Cristiano Ronaldo who can skill past the defenders. But we do have a ridiculous long shot in Toni Kroos, which is a positive but it just seems like a long shot is the only way to score for Bayern lately. Against Madrid, even the long shots were missing so yeah. The long shot took us above Arsenal, it was the last goal against Utd, and the one thing that failing us in the Allianz today. Gotze is another positive however, as he provides that kind of Messi style of getting past the defenders, but it was way too late for him to be a game changer when he got substituted on. The passing play justified Munich's weaknesses and should be fixed upon before it gets even worse.
Bayern's defenders? Very, very disappointed. Boateng was slow to react to any of the counter attacks, and Dante seemed to have forgotten how to defend a set piece. Neuer was a better defender than any of the two.
Now, what I am trying to convey is that Bayern lost its colour. Ever since winning the league, it has happened. To go up against the greatest tiki taka-killers Madrid with tiki taka which doesn't operate as well, what a costly mistake. I'm not saying Guardiola should have came up with a completely come up with a new style of play or anything, but he should have seen the problems his team had and reacted accordingly. He failed to do so, and it cost us. A 5-0 aggregate loss for the so-called 'Best Team in the World' who seemed unstoppable a months ago.
Bayern x Bundesliga

Nicknickolodean
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
South Korea

Postby Tedesco » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:59 am

People talking already about sacking Pep... :shock:
We're not some rich kid's toy club where they will sack the coach after the first defeat. And thank god for that.

Winning the CL was never a requirement in the first year when the board contacted him.
Also everyone seems to forget we won already this season:
- BuLi
- UEFA Super Cup (against f**cking Chelsea)
- FIFA Club World Cup

And to a less extent:
- Uli Hoeneß Cup (against Barcelona)
- Audi Cup (against Man City)

And we still have DFB-Pokal final to play.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:02 am

Pep's tactics had nothing to do with it. Early on it was obvious that we were playing at a high tempo and that we were using a lot more diagonal balls into the box - that wasn't the strawman tiki taka tactics amateurs keep throwing out as if it were a thing. Pep adapted, and he adapted with his substitutions. But those set pieces decided the game and they were schoolboy errors, not the kind of stuff that should happen in a CL semi final. No, Pep didn't fail today (in fact I consider his season a success what with 3 trophies, a CL semi final appearance and a potential cup win on the way). The players did. It was a pathetic display - I've never seen our players so nervous and aggressive without any bite on the pitch. They kept picking fights with Real players, it was sad to see. This squad obviously thinks too high of itself.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby theundead » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:08 am

I'd get over it as long as Pep decides to amend his mistakes. He needs to realize that tiki-taka has been cracked, repeatedly by different teams (RM vs Barca, RM vs Bayern, Bayern vs Barca, Dortmund vs Bayern, Brazil vs Spain and so on). The key is just to sit back with 8 players in the box and put two very fast players upfront roaming freely.
We have lost last season's mojo. Our set pieces are a debacle, on both offense and defense. Wing play is uninspiring despite having the best fullbacks in the world overlapping one of the most lethal winger partnership. And where the hell is MARTINEZ?
I can't believe that this is the same set of players I fell in love with in world cup 2010 and again in 2012 when i started watching domestic football. We say that the other teams park the bus and are uber-defensive, but that is the way to defeat tiki taka. In a way, tiki taka forces other teams to play boring football which ruins the spectacle. And our team played with no heart. We looked like amateurs ffs.
The worst thing that could happen to us now is that Pep doesn't realize what has gone wrong. If he rectifies his mistakes, then Bayern have a good future with him at the helm. If he still forces sterile tiki taka, I am not sure what will happen; might work, might not.
Anyways, that's all the frustration I needed to vent before starting preparation for my final exams.
Still proud of the team. All good things come to an end finally and we can be very proud of the run we've had in CL for these 2 or 3 seasons. We will come back stronger next year and kick some royal spanish asses!
#MiaSanBayern
#BringBackJavi
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 am

@ Nicknickolodean
We are all pretty much frustrated, so i can kind of understand yours.....but
give credit where credit is due
we lost to the best team in the world at the moment, i had some real fans at the hotel i work at in munich, and asked them wow, did your team always have such great defense? they laughed and said no.....this team took it up a notch for these 2 games and was much hungrier..
this aside massive faults come on!!!
we lost to the best team in the world at the moment...
you can only say massive faults if dortmund kicks our ass
"Both Ribery and Robben, on the wings, are not producing what they have done over the years" not true at all in fact in this season they have produced their best result,,,and during van gall era we relied to much upon them and when they did not perform we suffered
*sends u a tissue but the rest of what u wrote is just crying...when people think bayern should beat everyone no matter what then they are jost lost and gloating on the previous year, just like our players
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am

@quazii after a while i was kind of hoping for a fight, more cojones!!!!!!
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Nicknickolodean » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:27 am

DerKaiser wrote:@ Nicknickolodean
We are all pretty much frustrated, so i can kind of understand yours.....but
give credit where credit is due
we lost to the best team in the world at the moment, i had some real fans at the hotel i work at in munich, and asked them wow, did your team always have such great defense? they laughed and said no.....this team took it up a notch for these 2 games and was much hungrier..
this aside massive faults come on!!!
we lost to the best team in the world at the moment...
you can only say massive faults if dortmund kicks our ass
"Both Ribery and Robben, on the wings, are not producing what they have done over the years" not true at all in fact in this season they have produced their best result,,,and during van gall era we relied to much upon them and when they did not perform we suffered
*sends u a tissue but the rest of what u wrote is just crying...when people think bayern should beat everyone no matter what then they are jost lost and gloating on the previous year, just like our players

*cries sadly on the tissue that you sent me
yeah I was really upset upon writing that, and I just wanted to say my thoughts :P I really want Bayern to beat Dortmund, no matter what, but if things go to hell, well, ugh. But, I'm pretty sure Pep will be able to rally the team pretty well after that loss, and the discipline which faded once the Title was won SHOULD have returned to Bayern's squad.
Bayern x Bundesliga

Nicknickolodean
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
South Korea

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League