You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will go through after 90 minutes
62%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after penalties
5%
Real Madrid will go through after penalties
2%
Real Madrid will go through after extra time
No votes
Real Madrid will go through on away goals rule after 90 minutes
12%
Real Madrid will go through on aggregate after 90 minutes
9%

Total votes : 58

Re: [2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:40 am

Element wrote:This is useless if the players Dont change

Unfortunately yes. But I am confident that this loss will affect them in a way the past weeks haven't.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Element wrote:This is useless if the players Dont change

Unfortunately yes. But I am confident that this loss will affect them in a way the past weeks haven't.

I really Hope so

If we play like the Win Vs Manchester City then we are definitely through
Sadly this sounds more like a dream looking at the way we played

Btw: What is going on in Real Madrid Forums?and what were their impressions of the game ,mainly the first and last 15 minutes?
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 am

Looking at just the sensible Real forums (the ones not filled with deluded plastic fans), they are understandably happy and confident, but know they're not through yet. It's not 100% so, I saw a couple of people calling for some rotation as they need to win all their Liga games (Benzema, Alonso, Ramos, among others).

They're expecting the second leg to be more or less the same for them in the second leg. They are sure (and I agree with them) that they will qualify if we also play the same, but they fear what might happen if Guardiola and the team adapt their tactics.

Many seem to prefer only one of Bale or Cristiano starting again. I suppose it's got to do with defence.

For me, this post pretty much nailed it:
We beat them fair and square at home and left them without an away goal as a puffer to fall back on at home. Still, although we're in advantage to progress the tie isn't over. Remember our trip to Signal Iduna Park or to the Alianz Arena in the past. They could very well beat the sh*t out of this team in their backyard. Key is we need to score 1 goal at least. Our greatest strength is counter attacking. They'll try to score 2 goals until they will switch to cautious modus operandi. If we get them inbetween it's truly game over for them.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:It is very very difficult to overturn a 1-0 away defeat. On one hand you have to score goals and on the other you have to make sure not to concede...
Our defence and their attack are light years away from each other. I think we'll win but won't qualify. :(
Before the match KHR said that it is imperative to score an away goal... cause they are fully aware that RM can score more then one away from home.

That bold... Our goalscoring form against Arsenal, United and Real isn't great. Our rising in the last season was right after Arsenal, where we dominated totally in both Bundesliga and Champions League. This season is completely opposite.

We can just pray that our guys will figure out something special, put that ball twice in the Real's back of the net. :?
Last edited by FCB general on Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:06 am

They don't have to pull something special, they just have to be their real selves. Playing to our potential we can score more than once against this team. Last Wednesday we made their defence look better than it really is.

P.S. Any news on Pepe?
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:14 am

The players will surely be motivated by the atmosphere in Allianz Arena. This is not like against Arsenal or United when we didn't need to score to be in the next round. This time our players know that a 0-0 draw is not enough and I'm expecting a great start.

But it's likely that we concede at least one goal, so we will mostly need 3 goals to qualify.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:24 am

I'd honestly be surprised if we don't concede, but heck if Real Madrid can do it so can we.

It's important to note they had many players rise up to the occasion and play better than their usual selves on Wednesday: Coentrao, Ramos, Pepe, Alonso, Modric... maybe they will do so again, maybe they won't. If they don't it can only help us.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:56 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Come on guys, Guardiola took us to the semi-final in his first season. We may not reach the final or win it this year but we're still in the last four. I'm sure you guys remember how long it had been since we made the semis before Van Gaal and Heynckes took over. We haven't gone back to that time.

We've reached the semis and from there on anything can happen, especially this year with the quality of all four teams. The CL trophy is that one trophy which however good you are, however great you're playing, you just cannot expect to win it. There are so many other factors involved. I would be happy if he takes us to the last four in all three seasons even if we do not win it again.

And that said, I still believe we'll retain our title.

Since the UEFA Champions League was born, AC Milan (1995), Ajax (1996), Juventus (1997) and Manchester United (2009) are the only four CL champions to reach the final in the following year. Therefore since 1997 only one team managed to do it. It's not the end of the world if we don't do it. The club will survive and be hungrier next year.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Benzema is doubtful for Real Madrid's league match tomorrow with "a blow to the knee". Same thing with Pepe. On the other hand, Ronaldo should start. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Read this on a Real Madrid forum:

Pepe and Ramos have got their one good game per season together out of the way, so if you're a Bayern fan, hope springs eternal.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:16 pm

BTW Ronaldo is not 100% fit yet. He only used his left foot against.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:05 pm

We have the quality to pull this off. We need an early goal to make them nervous. I think Pep should do his homework and if the team enters the field with hunger and motivation, recovering from a 1-0 loss is not a big mountain to climb after all. All in all they must show how bad they want to retain the title, so it's ours to lose, still.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:14 pm

In the first leg, we didn't score and we didn't defend well. In the second leg, we have to score more than once, and defend against counters better than ever. Hard to achieve but not impossible. We can do it.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Argeta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Real suck so hard away. Put Lahm at RB and we have solved the Ronaldo - Bale problem. Don't over rate them when we also have Robbery!
The arena will be cooking!!!! Can't wait! WELCOME TO HELL MADRID!

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:30 pm

With a clean sheet we will 99% qualify in my opinion.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League