You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
62%
It will end in a draw
15%
PSV Eindhoven will win
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:16 am

JANCKER wrote:Ask Barca or Bayern what's been bringing their success, it's that core of homegrown players... We reached the highest when he had the most homegrown players, be it in the past or now... maybe it makes sense to take out Mueller cause half of our homegrown players are gone so there's no homegrown team chemistry to be worked on anymore.

We had 4 (four) homegrown starting players (and 2 of them made their break while on loan - Lahm and Alaba) in that 2013 CL final. I dont think thats too much of homegrown players to put all that success on them or the chemistry. Homegrown players as starters being responsible for success are a myth in Bayern.

If anything - the WHOLE team clicked in 2013 and paid off for the previous failure. Homegrown players were a 1/3 of the starting eleven.

Real won 2 of the last 3 CL. How many homegrown do they have? Dont bring up the money issue, its not like we are poor. The fact is that Real has more CL titles now then when we had 4 and they had 9.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:25 am

Offer to managers to pick between Thiago and Mueller... and see what you get. Mueller is worth double his price so it's not only that he's a fan favorite.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:29 am

JANCKER wrote:Offer to managers to pick between Thiago and Mueller... and see what you get. Mueller is worth double his price so it's not only that he's a fan favorite.

I never said he is not good enough, dont pull you own conclusions. All I said from the beginning is that I prefer Thiago over Muller in that #10 spot.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:31 am

Good night... :)

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby AvatarX » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:52 am

Interesting. All these pages mostly arguing about players performance and not actually discussing our 4-1 win.

A lot of people here are still waiting our coach lose or not playing well to point out Pep's (Manchester's 0-4 City's coach) superiority. Pep is long gone and our great team will continue writing history without him.

Also about Thiago. He is not Pep's pet and people should stop seeing him as one. Thiago is a very good player with a lot of potential in creativity part of the game. IMO in that game he was OK. Not great (he had some great moments), but not bad either. Maybe with Vidal and not old Alonso (he should be benched ASAP) on his side at midfield he would flourish more.

Robben's performance proved my point with Robbery and our team. We just are on another level with those two players.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:24 am

BayernForum.com MOTM was Robben (8.60), followed by Mueller (7.8) and Kimmich (7.4) [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:31 am

BILD possible line up :

Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Kimmich, Alonso, Vidal - Robben, Lewandowski, Müller

:coffee:
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:34 am

Coman wrote: :coffee:

Morning Coman. Please feel free to have a second mug of coffee. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:20 pm

zozon wrote:It will become a bigger problem when Vidal is fit and Martinez starts playing in midfield.

I'll be surprised if that ever happens. The way we play now, Martinez seems to be quite comfortable playing CB, considering we only have 3 CBs (with Bads being no 4) I highly doubt integrating Martinez in midfield is in any way a goal...the one losing here seems to be Boateng, whose main edge (insane passing and being the best "high line" defender in the world) seems to be fading away now. Martinez and Hummels seem to be first choice, enjoying more trust from Carlo. Had Martinez not got injured, I'm pretty sure we'd be starting Martinez-Hummels today.

It's interesting you'd single Vidal out as he's - in my opinion of course - simply the best midfielder in the squad and is absolutely first choice no matter what - you just don't bench him, period.

As for Thiago, I think he simply hasn't been playing better for us ever. My biggest issue with him has always been exactly what MUTU stated (really, couldn't put it better...), a few 10/10 moments here and there, a real flair, that additional magic...however looking at entire games just far too inefficient. He has however improved vastly in this regard...I really like the way he plays now, and would be my first choice in midfield alongside Vidal.

Some players in my opinion will get better with time - Boateng and Lahm in particular will improve. Lahm is having a tougher time, I think the way we play now will be a bigger task for him physically.

Given that we seem to be playing 4-3-3 and we have 4 wingers with relatively similar qualities (I don't particularly mean level of quality, but rather type), with Müller having a different skillset, it seems logical that our tactics are aimed at the former four, rather than the odd one out. For me the question is, can Müller make himself absolutely unmissable? Will he "force" Carlo to accommodate him in some way? He hasn't been at his best for months now. He has played in a deeper, playmaker role in the NT before and he was fantastic there as well, so I have high hopes that he will adjust. Maybe we could play a 4-2-3-1 with Vidal and Thiago being the two and Müller playing behind (and next to) Lewa. Based on what we saw earlier I just don't see him benching any of Ribery, Robben or Lewa though. We also know he's not particularly good playing LW, so even an injured Ribery doesn't help him much as Robben is also far more effective playing RW. Either way, Müller is not the best fit for 4-3-3.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:33 pm

tflags wrote:

I took like 45 secondes to understand.

Holy shit... :roll: #-o #-o #-o #-o
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Coman wrote:
tflags wrote:

I took like 45 secondes to understand.

Holy shit... :roll: #-o #-o #-o #-o

Great and now I realized I commented on some 10 day-old discussion.
I'll just go back to my hole now :mrgreen:
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League