You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
62%
It will end in a draw
15%
PSV Eindhoven will win
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:55 am

In that position you put Thiago, Mueller would do 10 times better. That's your opinion, this is my opinion. I don't know why it was 'Thiago oder nix' when we don't have a place for him even today.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:17 am

JANCKER wrote:In that position you put Thiago, Mueller would do 10 times better. That's your opinion, this is my opinion. I don't know why it was 'Thiago oder nix' when we don't have a place for him even today.

You are wrong that Thiago doesnt have a place for him. In fact, Muller is the one who is acting like a lost dude under Carlo. Even Kimmich is looking more settled than Muller and I don't even know what position Kimmich is playing lol. He's like a false striker playing in midfield :lol:

Carlo is making compromises playing Muller and accomodating 2 wingers + Thiago (which he likes). It will become a bigger problem when Vidal is fit and Martinez starts playing in midfield.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:22 am

zozon wrote:It will become a bigger problem when Vidal is fit and Martinez starts playing in midfield.

That should be Thiago's problem more than Mueller's... Thiago has to fight with them for a spot.

Mueller has chemistry with each one of our attackers and not only them. Waiting for the day Carlo does something like that, he surely wouldn't last long.

Chemistry is more important than you may think... you could see in this game how well Robben and Mueller understood each other.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 am

Oh, I don't see Thiago fighting with Vidal or Martinez for a spot. Vidal maybe, but he hasnt played at a more advanced midfield role at Bayern not under Pep, nor under Carlo (for now), like he did at Juventus.

As I said - Thiago is the only one in this team to have the ability to unlock a defense with one magical pass, a pass that could happen in the fifth or 89-th minute. Much like Iniesta. And I dont see Carlo quitting that opportunity on the field.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:29 am

I will tell you and Thiago himself if I see him that he isn't better than Mueller in that position. How many times Thiago benched Mueller under Pep?
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 am

JANCKER wrote:I will tell you and Thiago himself if I see him that he isn't better than Mueller in that position. How many times Thiago benched Mueller under Pep?

I dont care how many times Thiago benched Muller. And I don't think he cares also. All i'm saying is that in my preferable top-fit Bayern 11 I see Thiago in my first team and Muller not. And it doesnt have to do anything with Thiago alone, the system I like the best is at "fault" for not putting Muller in (the 2 wingers, the double pivot, Lewa...). So dont make it like Thiago is the one benching Muller, the formation I prefer is without Muller. Blame the concept, not Thiago.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:37 am

I just don't understand how can he be out of a formation in which he has proved to be one of the best... but OK.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:42 am

JANCKER wrote:I just don't understand how can he be out of a formation in which he has proved to be one of the best... but OK.

This can be also said for Lahm. Lately, I would easily take Carvajal over him any day of the week. Proving to be the best (out of all possible positions personally for him) in a particular position and actually staying in form without a risk to be dropped out of the starting formation is different.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:46 am

I'm sure that most managers would take Mueller ahead of Thiago... except Pep maybe.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:49 am

JANCKER wrote:I'm sure that most managers would take Mueller ahead of Thiago... except Pep.

Carlo would do the same if Muller wasnt a homegrown fan favourite. Its waaay more easier to wind up the media when subbing in Thiago in the second half than a certain player called Muller. You think Carlo doesnt know that Lahm is playing like sh*t these days? That Rafinha or Kimmich can easily outperform him at RB? But this is Lahm we are talking about...

Its even more astonishing what Pep did - playing him in midfield to spare him of the blushes. Pep knew exactly what was about to happen. And its happening now.
Last edited by zozon on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:51 am

Bayern could've achieved everything they achieved without Thiago so far... you can't say the same thing about Mueller.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:53 am

JANCKER wrote:Bayern could've achieved everything they achieved without Thiago so far... you can't say the same thing about Mueller.

Lame point, sorry. We can never know that. Not for Muller, not for Thiago, not for everyone who has ever won something at Bayern.
Last edited by zozon on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:54 am

Sorry, we're no Barca, we treat our home boys with more respect...

I can't stand this propaganda against Mueller.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:02 am

JANCKER wrote:Sorry, we're no Barca, we treat our home boys with more respect...

And what is disrespect?

Seeing a fu*cking Narsingh speeding like a Nissan GTR past Lahm? I cant even imagine what better wingers would make him look if he plays like this...
Taking Muller out of the starting 11 cause he is not playing like he should and putting somebody else instead?

Our homeboys need to up their game, big time. Respecting them is different than the form they are showing on the field. Sentimentality and fan favorites dont win you titles if they are playing bad and somebody else plays way better and is benched.

You are just proving what this forum is about - fan favorites have too many wildcards (deserved or not), while other players are way more criticized and overlooked (even when they play awesome).
Just one point - do you imagine what would have happened if Alonso missed that crucial penalty against A. Madrid? But nooo, it was Muller, we turned a blind eye for him. And he cost us a CL final. Atletico were DEAD at that point. It would have been 5-1.

My whole point - I dont diss no one. All i'm saying is that fan favorites need to be criticized or even dropped if they are playing bad. Yes, they are fan favorites for a number of reasons, but that should never be an excuse.
Last edited by zozon on Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:08 am

Ask Barca or Bayern what's been bringing their success, it's that core of homegrown players... We reached the highest when he had the most homegrown players, be it in the past or now... maybe it makes sense to take out Mueller cause half of our homegrown players are gone so there's no homegrown team chemistry to be worked on anymore.
Ask Milan, Inter and etc what happened to them with those mercenaries. Only if you spend like RM you have a chance to stay at the top without homegrown players.

Mueller deserves to play... :) period.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League