You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
8
62%
It will end in a draw
2
15%
PSV Eindhoven will win
3
23%
 
Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:13 pm

tflags wrote:Guys, discussing one player is boring. Going on about who you like or don't is diminishing, uninspiring and off topic. Game in and out we are blaming players for defensive issues and overlooking offensive ones. Players are showing up in new territory under new conditions: Full backs are wing backs; midfielders are false 11s (Kimmich) and forward playmakers (Alonso) and keepers are CBs.

I don't like (contrary to my signature) Kimmich scoring in the box. I rather have him tackling (he didn't have a single one) than scoring. It is just a matter of preference. So anyhow I'll stop rambling.

How would I rate players? By doing what they should be doing. MUTU says he 'forgot' Thiago was playing. That's fine. Whoscored, for example, didn't. (I would love to use another source but heck, just giving ESPN's 2.5 rating - the second best - just because 'he assisted Robben' is a little too simple istn't it?) As a matter of fact the Thiago crusade takes us again to whoscored, giving Thiago, again, a 8.5 rating - the second best for both teams on the night after Robben (9.1). This comes as recognition for the second most tackles, the most dribbles, the most passes in the last third and the most chance creations. Assists didn't hurt either.

And yet a player who is CONSISTENTLY getting rave reviews by expert sites and commentators game in and out, creating game saving chances gets called to be sold, weak, invinsible or else.

And I think that's fine. You can't expect all to vote red, blue or green. But when a admin does it begs the question as to who's moderating, and what can you expect from a site where the admin is thinking about Gomez ( from Russia, with love).

Stop bithching (@Coman). Dude's taking care of business, we just need a destroyer to get things going.

I think you're being unfair to Mutu. He's not our employee. We are not paying for him to mod the forum. As long as he doesn't ban people for disagreeing with him, he should be free to express his own opinions. Why would he even mod a forum if he isn't going to participate? xD.

On substantive issues: I think Thiago was a tad invisible during the game, but also created tons of chances and his stats were fantastic. That is probably because Alonso was the one tasked with the main distribution responsibilities (which I disagree with).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2383 times
Been thanked: 2268 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Coman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:15 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
tflags wrote:Guys, discussing one player is boring. Going on about who you like or don't is diminishing, uninspiring and off topic. Game in and out we are blaming players for defensive issues and overlooking offensive ones. Players are showing up in new territory under new conditions: Full backs are wing backs; midfielders are false 11s (Kimmich) and forward playmakers (Alonso) and keepers are CBs.

I don't like (contrary to my signature) Kimmich scoring in the box. I rather have him tackling (he didn't have a single one) than scoring. It is just a matter of preference. So anyhow I'll stop rambling.

How would I rate players? By doing what they should be doing. MUTU says he 'forgot' Thiago was playing. That's fine. Whoscored, for example, didn't. (I would love to use another source but heck, just giving ESPN's 2.5 rating - the second best - just because 'he assisted Robben' is a little too simple istn't it?) As a matter of fact the Thiago crusade takes us again to whoscored, giving Thiago, again, a 8.5 rating - the second best for both teams on the night after Robben (9.1). This comes as recognition for the second most tackles, the most dribbles, the most passes in the last third and the most chance creations. Assists didn't hurt either.

And yet a player who is CONSISTENTLY getting rave reviews by expert sites and commentators game in and out, creating game saving chances gets called to be sold, weak, invinsible or else.

And I think that's fine. You can't expect all to vote red, blue or green. But when a admin does it begs the question as to who's moderating, and what can you expect from a site where the admin is thinking about Gomez ( from Russia, with love).

Stop bithching (@Coman). Dude's taking care of business, we just need a destroyer to get things going.

I think you're being unfair to Mutu. He's not our employee. We are not paying for him to mod the forum. As long as he doesn't ban people for disagreeing with him, he should be free to express his own opinions. Why would he even mod a forum if he isn't going to participate? xD.

On substantive issues: I think Thiago was a tad invisible during the game, but also created tons of chances and his stats were fantastic. That is probably because Alonso was the one tasked with the main distribution responsibilities (which I disagree with).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Yes.

Alonso + Thiago doesn't work in this 4-3-3.

They are walking on on the other.

via Tapatalk
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 1454 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:17 pm

tflags wrote:Guys, discussing one player is boring. Going on about who you like or don't is diminishing, uninspiring and off topic. Game in and out we are blaming players for defensive issues and overlooking offensive ones. Players are showing up in new territory under new conditions: Full backs are wing backs; midfielders are false 11s (Kimmich) and forward playmakers (Alonso) and keepers are CBs.

I don't like (contrary to my signature) Kimmich scoring in the box. I rather have him tackling (he didn't have a single one) than scoring. It is just a matter of preference. So anyhow I'll stop rambling.

How would I rate players? By doing what they should be doing. MUTU says he 'forgot' Thiago was playing. That's fine. Whoscored, for example, didn't. (I would love to use another source but heck, just giving ESPN's 2.5 rating - the second best - just because 'he assisted Robben' is a little too simple istn't it?) As a matter of fact the Thiago crusade takes us again to whoscored, giving Thiago, again, a 8.5 rating - the second best for both teams on the night after Robben (9.1). This comes as recognition for the second most tackles, the most dribbles, the most passes in the last third and the most chance creations. Assists didn't hurt either.

And yet a player who is CONSISTENTLY getting rave reviews by expert sites and commentators game in and out, creating game saving chances gets called to be sold, weak, invinsible or else.

And I think that's fine. You can't expect all to vote red, blue or green. But when a admin does it begs the question as to who's moderating, and what can you expect from a site where the admin is thinking about Gomez ( :P from Russia, with love).

Stop bithching (@Coman). Dude's taking care of business, we just need a destroyer to get things going.

@tflags, you can try all day, but I refuse to succumb to provocations for personal attacks simply because we disagree on something as silly as the performance of one specific player in one specific match. You have your opinion, I have mine, no need to take it personal, and that's why the BayernForum.com/Voopl match rating takes the average vote. You make it sound like I'm on some sort of crusade against Thiago, but I'm not.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31618
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5582 times
Been thanked: 8319 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Coman » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Guys, discussing one player is boring. Going on about who you like or don't is diminishing, uninspiring and off topic. Game in and out we are blaming players for defensive issues and overlooking offensive ones. Players are showing up in new territory under new conditions: Full backs are wing backs; midfielders are false 11s (Kimmich) and forward playmakers (Alonso) and keepers are CBs.

I don't like (contrary to my signature) Kimmich scoring in the box. I rather have him tackling (he didn't have a single one) than scoring. It is just a matter of preference. So anyhow I'll stop rambling.

How would I rate players? By doing what they should be doing. MUTU says he 'forgot' Thiago was playing. That's fine. Whoscored, for example, didn't. (I would love to use another source but heck, just giving ESPN's 2.5 rating - the second best - just because 'he assisted Robben' is a little too simple istn't it?) As a matter of fact the Thiago crusade takes us again to whoscored, giving Thiago, again, a 8.5 rating - the second best for both teams on the night after Robben (9.1). This comes as recognition for the second most tackles, the most dribbles, the most passes in the last third and the most chance creations. Assists didn't hurt either.

And yet a player who is CONSISTENTLY getting rave reviews by expert sites and commentators game in and out, creating game saving chances gets called to be sold, weak, invinsible or else.

And I think that's fine. You can't expect all to vote red, blue or green. But when a admin does it begs the question as to who's moderating, and what can you expect from a site where the admin is thinking about Gomez ( from Russia, with love).

Stop bithching (@Coman). Dude's taking care of business, we just need a destroyer to get things going.

@tflags, you can try all day, but I refuse to succumb to provocations for personal attacks simply because we disagree on something as silly as the performance of one specific player in one specific match. You have your opinion, I have mine, no need to take it personal, and that's why the BayernForum.com/Voopl match rating takes the average vote. You make it sound like I'm on some sort of crusade against Thiago, but I'm not.

True, I'am.

via Tapatalk
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 1454 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:06 pm

MUTU wrote:but I refuse to succumb to provocations for personal attacks simply because we disagree on something as silly as the performance of one specific player in one specific match. You have your opinion, I have mine, no need to take it personal, and that's why the BayernForum.com/Voopl match rating takes the average vote. You make it sound like I'm on some sort of crusade against Thiago, but I'm not.


:P . Did I take things personal? I really think I didn't but if that was the case it wasn't my intention at all. (Really? Personal?) I wasn't attacking you and I did insert a smiley there just in case but I do feel that when you are reading un objective remarks all they long (Jesus, all people did after the game was talk about a single player) and you compound those remarks instead of providing a counter balance then a word of advice just might be in order, whoscored backed or not.

Anyhow there's clear evidence a new guy from another country will have a closer magnifier on wrapped around a biased foil. Please don't think the few of us who loathe that can't revolt in protest now and again. Apologies if I went a word too far; truly didn't feel like it.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 831 times
Been thanked: 2889 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby zozon » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 pm

I would like to see a 4-2-1-3 against ANY opponent and if that formation doesnt work - i rest my case FOREVER and stop bashing on the coaches until this whole current generation of players retire.

Ribery - Lewa - Robben

Thiago

Vidal - Martinez

Alaba - Hummels - Boateng - Lahm

Neuer

Bayern need WC double pivots and WC wingers to work as it should. Everything else is trying with all of this current generation.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:08 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:but I refuse to succumb to provocations for personal attacks simply because we disagree on something as silly as the performance of one specific player in one specific match. You have your opinion, I have mine, no need to take it personal, and that's why the BayernForum.com/Voopl match rating takes the average vote. You make it sound like I'm on some sort of crusade against Thiago, but I'm not.


:P . Did I take things personal? I really think I didn't but if that was the case it wasn't my intention at all. (Really? Personal?) I wasn't attacking you and I did insert a smiley there just in case but I do feel that when you are reading un objective remarks all they long (Jesus, all people did after the game was talk about a single player) and you compound those remarks instead of providing a counter balance then a word of advice just might be in order, whoscored backed or not.

Anyhow there's clear evidence a new guy from another country will have a closer magnifier on wrapped around a biased foil. Please don't think the few of us who loathe that can't revolt in protest now and again. Apologies if I went a word too far; truly didn't feel like it.

People are still talking about Thiago on here? I haven't read the majority of posts posted after the game on this thread because I got bored too. With tflags on this one. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31390
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8841 times
Been thanked: 7447 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby JANCKER » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Playing Thiago ahead of Mueller, nice. That's the same as deciding to play Kroos ahead of Mueller in 2013 which never happened under Jupp despite that Kroos was his pet.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17591
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:23 pm

JANCKER wrote:Playing Thiago ahead of Mueller, nice. That's the same as deciding to play Kroos ahead of Mueller in 2013 which never happened under Jupp despite that Kroos was his pet.


I would drop Lewandowski in favor of Muller.

But not play both when everyone is fit.
User avatar
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:14 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 173 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby pyrasur » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

That's not the same.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2326 times
Been thanked: 1871 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Roonzil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Still going on about Thiago??

Sometimes I truly wonder if guys bleed from their balls from time to time, you guys need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously. I haven't seen this much overreaction and bitching since the last time me and 4 of my friends had their periods together on a holiday... :lol:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 1372 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby quaazi » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Roonzil wrote:Sometimes I truly wonder if guys bleed from their balls from time to time,

There's a saying that a mans hand is never as steady as when he is shaving his balls.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:40 am

JANCKER wrote:Playing Thiago ahead of Mueller, nice. That's the same as deciding to play Kroos ahead of Mueller in 2013 which never happened under Jupp despite that Kroos was his pet.


Yes. I'd take a fit, in-form Robbery over fit, in-form Muller any day of the week. And no, I won't swap a Lewa for him also.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby JANCKER » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:47 am

zozon wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Playing Thiago ahead of Mueller, nice. That's the same as deciding to play Kroos ahead of Mueller in 2013 which never happened under Jupp despite that Kroos was his pet.


Yes. I'd take a fit, in-form Robbery over fit, in-form Muller any day of the week. And no, I won't swap a Lewa for him also.


Thiago ahead of Mueller? Cause you're preferring him in the position behind the striker... Mueller played a bit longer there than Thiago or anyone else and with much more success. 4-2-3-1 has a place for Mueller even with Robbery starting.
It will be as Ancelotti wants in the end... it will be 4-3-3, end of story.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17591
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8471 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby zozon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:54 am

Yes, Thiago if he keeps (or ups) his current game. We need that flair, magical touches coming from the midfield in games. Since that double pivot is VIdal/Martinez and I prefer 2 wingers + a #9, there is only one #10 spot in my team.
Sorry, I don't see a place for Muller in my personal top fit starting Bayern team. I know what Muller brings and what he can do and I do love him, but thats the way it is.

P.S We need a WC right back, Lahm is losing his sh*t very fast. If only Rodriguez was a RB...
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests