You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
8
62%
It will end in a draw
2
15%
PSV Eindhoven will win
3
23%
 
Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:03 am

Needs to be Thiago, Vidal, + one more in midfield. Xabi to take a mentor role. But I'm still totally fine with him starting though because it's so much fun to see people rage at their keyboards :) and because he is still our top distributer.

But again to be serious and honest I agree with Ottackon that switching Lahm and Kimmich makes the most sense to me. Lahm can completely fill a central midfielders role and it keeps our Kapitän on the field. And Kimmich is scoring goals but his midfield play was nothing to write home about.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2303 times
Been thanked: 1861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:15 am

Lahm is a legend and an idol, but in his current form he only belongs in the bench. No sense on putting him in MF when we could also put Javi, Renato if he improves or plainly adding an attacker and make it 4231 or 442.

FGS, at his current form, I'd pick Rafinha over Lahm for RB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5462
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2362 times
Been thanked: 2238 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby rthebest » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 am

1- Credit to Ancelotti Bayern played better than past few weeks although at the end of first half and beginning of the second half Bayernalmost let PSV to get back to the game.
2- Thiago had a good game.
3- front 3 combination and rotation was good. Robben played amazing not it is time to cover him a bubble wrap for the next CL match.
4- there are still gap between midfield and attack.
5- Bayern should look for Lahm replacement.
User avatar
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:45 am
National Flag:
Canada
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 264 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby harry-muc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:37 am

much of the shit i read here or in the "world News thread" makes me shiver. so many **** up fans and People here... really sad. :?
User avatar
harry-muc
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 2:06 pm
Location: München
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 131 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:14 am

Top distributer? Distributing coffee, you mean?

I've said good things about this team quite often, but that wasn't really good yesterday...
Better than Frankfurt, but that's easy...

I didn't think Thiago was good... The pass was nice, but all too often he's disappearing...

Also still hate that 4-3-3 shit... Why do our coaches always need to be so stubborn?! At least the idea to let Müller float around, giving him space and freedom was a good one...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9073
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 368 times
Been thanked: 2513 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Coman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:23 am

#12 wrote:Top distributer? Distributing coffee, you mean?

I've said good things about this team quite often, but that wasn't really good yesterday...
Better than Frankfurt, but that's easy...

I didn't think Thiago was good... The pass was nice, but all too often he's disappearing...

Also still hate that 4-3-3 shit... Why do our coaches always need to be so stubborn?! At least the idea to let Müller float around, giving him space and freedom was a good one...

Thiago haters just because he is spanish. :)))))

via Tapatalk
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3892
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 1447 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:33 am

More votes please. Player Ratings
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:07 pm

#12 wrote:Top distributer? Distributing coffee, you mean?

I've said good things about this team quite often, but that wasn't really good yesterday...
Better than Frankfurt, but that's easy...

I didn't think Thiago was good... The pass was nice, but all too often he's disappearing...

Also still hate that 4-3-3 shit... Why do our coaches always need to be so stubborn?! At least the idea to let Müller float around, giving him space and freedom was a good one...


Wow that was a good one there. Distributing coffee. I must try to remember that one.

Alonso old boy, when your footballing ability is getting shit on by a grade school teacher it's time to take the bench.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2303 times
Been thanked: 1861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Yesterday, I gave the lowest Voopl rating of 5/10 to Thiago, a (dis)honour shared with Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm. I'm sitting here right now and pondering about last night's match through the suffering of a mega tension headache coupled with heartburn. And I'm trying to remember what Thiago did. I can only remember two things: his superb assist to Robben (truly world class) and myself wondering why he's so absent. I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps he distributes the ball so fast that I miss him getting the ball whilst I'm batting my eyelids.

In fact, I wonder if someone aggregates statistics of how long players spend with the ball in their possession on an individual basis, and compare that to the other players.

I don't know. Call me a hater. Call me blind. Call me an idiot. But whatever you call me, I still can't understand why people think he played well, because, in my eyes, assist aside, he was the poorest Bayern player on the pitch. I remember seeing everyone else more in the thick of action than Thiago, but again it could have been my sickness.

Then, I went back to the chat logs. I searched for the word "Thiago" and found nothing but negative comments on his performance. One assist later (which cost me 1 point in the predictions game, dammit!) and everyone else seems to have ditched those feelings.

We've long talked about Thiago's consistency, or rather the lack thereof, but I always felt it was being taken from a game to game basis not a minute-by-minute run. So if were to give 90 ratings to Thiago, one per minute, there'd be one with a 10/10 and then there'd be the rest which would be quite lower. I stand by my vote of 5/10, and probably this will bring a lot of hate.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31289
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5505 times
Been thanked: 8220 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

MUTU wrote:Yesterday, I gave the lowest Voopl rating of 5/10 to Thiago, a (dis)honour shared with Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm. I'm sitting here right now and pondering about last night's match through the suffering of a mega tension headache coupled with heartburn. And I'm trying to remember what Thiago did. I can only remember two things: his superb assist to Robben (truly world class) and myself wondering why he's so absent. I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps he distributes the ball so fast that I miss him getting the ball whilst I'm batting my eyelids.

In fact, I wonder if someone aggregates statistics of how long players spend with the ball in their possession on an individual basis, and compare that to the other players.

I don't know. Call me a hater. Call me blind. Call me an idiot. But whatever you call me, I still can't understand why people think he played well, because, in my eyes, assist aside, he was the poorest Bayern player on the pitch. I remember seeing everyone else more in the thick of action than Thiago, but again it could have been my sickness.

Then, I went back to the chat logs. I searched for the word "Thiago" and found nothing but negative comments on his performance. One assist later (which cost me 1 point in the predictions game, dammit!) and everyone else seems to have ditched those feelings.

We've long talked about Thiago's consistency, or rather the lack thereof, but I always felt it was being taken from a game to game basis not a minute-by-minute run. So if were to give 90 ratings to Thiago, one per minute, there'd be one with a 10/10 and then there'd be the rest which would be quite lower. I stand by my vote of 5/10, and probably this will bring a lot of hate.

He created about 4 clear-cut chances in the first half! He did fade out a bit in the second but then came up with that brilliant assist. But going to the core of your comment, I don't think he's as integral to our distribution as he can be for one simple reason: it's Xabi Alonso the one currently tasked with the main distribution responsibility! That's what I mean when I say Xabi is occupying Thiago's position.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5462
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm
Has thanked: 2362 times
Been thanked: 2238 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

He set Alaba free on the left wing brilliantly for at least two times in the first half, both of which resulted in clear-cut chances. Those are the moments you need to unlock defenses and score goals. Aside from that, he didn't have a bad game as many seem to believe. He was as good as Kimmich. He distributed the ball well, and was there to link the ball between defense and attack. His only problem at the moment is having to play alongside Alonso, because the latter has been really poor recently in tackling and covering spaces, and that is causing Thiago to get himself "lost" in midfield. I gave him a 7/10 IIRC.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11043
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2496 times
Been thanked: 2314 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:33 pm

I don't know ... I think he was way better than last Sat.
Yest I saw him moving the ball around and recovering some balls too.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26611
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21878 times
Been thanked: 6132 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Pelin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Our defence still gives so much space and time with the ball, especially Lahm. Even an average winger like Narsing created trouble for us, which is not a good signal for us.

Alonso is the weakest link in our team since 2 years. Lahm's perfornmances this season are close to his. All Lahm does is side and back passes, considering defensively he adds vulnerability to our defence.

Regarding Thiago, he was one of the players l mostly criticized.He really improved with Ancelotti, however his performances still not enough for me. since He still has a lot room to improve. but first We need to clarify a position for him. Regista is the most ideal position for a player with his qualities.

Returning to double pivot and rotating Kimmich with Lahm could solve our problems.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 401 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:47 pm

MoFattal wrote:He set Alaba free on the left wing brilliantly for at least two times in the first half, both of which resulted in clear-cut chances. Those are the moments you need to unlock defenses and score goals. Aside from that, he didn't have a bad game as many seem to believe. He was as good as Kimmich. He distributed the ball well, and was there to link the ball between defense and attack. His only problem at the moment is having to play alongside Alonso, because the latter has been really poor recently in tackling and covering spaces, and that is causing Thiago to get himself "lost" in midfield. I gave him a 7/10 IIRC.


That's the thing that bothers me. Kimmich really didn't do much in midfield either, and was actually roasted a couple of times when he needed to prevent the counter. But he gets our second goal and gets to coast the rest of the game and survives the "do I remember him doing anything" analysis.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3989
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2303 times
Been thanked: 1861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby MoFattal » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Lahm has been the biggest surprise for me this season. His decline has been much accelerated than the previous years. I though with his return to RB, he could somehow get back on track but the opposite is happening. He offers very little going forward, and his defense has been very suspect against dribblers and quick players. He just looks to "contain" the opposing player rather than go for the tackle as he used to do before, and somehow you don't find him inside the box covering the right side. He's basically lost in midfield, and I think the past three years has shifted his footballing focus towards playing there. It would take a huge daring call to bench Lahm, and I don't think Carlo or anyone else would be able to do that, but something must be done. HALB is nowhere as good as it is supposed to be, and surprisingly Lahm is weakest link.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11043
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2496 times
Been thanked: 2314 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SilentStrike and 3 guests