You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
62%
It will end in a draw
15%
PSV Eindhoven will win
23%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2016-10-19] Bayern Munich vs PSV Eindhoven

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Honestly, Thiago probably has played the best as a midfielder this season (even though his level is a lot better than what he has shown). Kimmich has scored a ton of goals (crucial ones), however, as a midfielder, Kimmich hasn't been good at all imo. Unless, you are considering goals as the main attribute.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:02 pm

The positive sides for me:
+Two players who improved massively are Thomas Müller and David Alaba. Thomas scored and looked lively in the attacking third, even when he spent time on the left wing. Alaba’s runs caused trouble on the flank and he played better defensively.Although he scored a goal, Robert Lewandowski showed that his scoring touch is not consistent yet this season. He is going to improve.
+A healthy Arjen Robben remains Bayern’s best player in the attacking third.
+Joshua Kimmich score seven times in the last eight Bayern games, the count going up to eight in the last 11 for club and country.Ancelotti’s decision to play him primarily in the midfield is the right one.The “best young player” tag will always be disputed by fans of other teams. I still believe that Kimmich is showing maturity and football IQ beyond most guys of his age, if not all of them.Love you man ! =D>

Not happy about that perfect counterattack by PSV.It's showing us that the midfield still needs to work on containing the opposition,but i think with Vidal and Javi/Sanches the things are going to be better.
Defensive coverage in the penalty area remained spotty and Neuer had to make a few brilliant saves to prevent PSV from scoring a second goal.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Coman » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Kimmich hasn't been good at all imo.

Even without goal you are deluded. Just to say your nickname is the best the most beautiful etc.

So funny.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby zozon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:16 pm

I repeat - are there any admins in here???

People in here are being called deluded for writing their own opinions (this guy thiagoalcantara even wrote specifically - IMO)
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Coman wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Kimmich hasn't been good at all imo.

Even without goal you are deluded. Just to say your nickname is the best the most beautiful etc.

So funny.

Funny like the French and their Euro aspirations.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:17 pm

JANCKER wrote:
La Bestia Negra wrote:Surprisingly pleased with Müller's performance on the left

It just shows that Mueller isn't the issue... cause he used to be least effective on the left. I'd say that Lahm is the issue cause we attacked more through the left than the right even this time.

I havent watched the match yet, but i will and ill keep an eye on Lahm's constant need to backpass.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Thiago discussion will never end because people relate Thiago to Pep....

THiago was pep's first signing and essentially tookout two German players from the team in Bastian and kroos. Also, maybe it's a culture thing, but German/Bayern fans would prefer to see strong German Cms, rather than skillful, graceful ones...

Thiago DID NOT take Schweini or Kroos out. Kroos left because he's a little bitch (Pep wanted both) and Bastian cause he was finished. If anything, people can blame Vidal.

PunkCapitalist

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:46 pm

The most important thing tonight was the win (and a big one at that). We didn't change much other than that, I'm still not convinced and we need to improve a lot ahead of Atletico, but the morale boost was sorely needed. Good timing ahead of a tough match with A German Team this weekend.

I think Jancker makes a very valid point about Mueller and Lahm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:05 am

Match stats | BAY 4-1 PSV

Possession:
BAY 63%-37% PSV

Shots:
BAY 26-7 PSV

Passes:
BAY 821-392

Corners:
BAY 5-0 PSV
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:08 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Honestly, Thiago probably has played the best as a midfielder this season (even though his level is a lot better than what he has shown). Kimmich has scored a ton of goals (crucial ones), however, as a midfielder, Kimmich hasn't been good at all imo. Unless, you are considering goals as the main attribute.

I agree. Kimmich has scored a bunch of goals, but his MF work is just good, nothing to write home about. Id like him to take the RB spot.

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:11 am

Well, goals are also precious and as long as he keeps scoring he should be played in midfield... he discovered a nose for goals. He almost scored a brace tonight! He's shaming our attackers. A Kimmich goal is no longer a surprise.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:Thiago discussion will never end because people relate Thiago to Pep....

THiago was pep's first signing and essentially tookout two German players from the team in Bastian and kroos. Also, maybe it's a culture thing, but German/Bayern fans would prefer to see strong German Cms, rather than skillful, graceful ones...

Thiago DID NOT take Schweini or Kroos out. Kroos left because he's a little bitch (Pep wanted both) and Bastian cause he was finished. If anything, people can blame Vidal.

Thiago kind of made them both replaceable imo, because he did what Pep wanted better than both.

Bastian was definitely done, however, I remember a ton of people here call Pep the devil and believing Bastian still deserved to be in the starting 11.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby ottackon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:47 am

Thiago has stayed physically fit for a while now, he also got rid of Pep's tutelage, so the stage is set for him to achieve the best season of his relatively young career and the first signs are already promising.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 am

Ten points...

-Thiago was good, end of story...
-Müller and Robben together are a must, fluid and dangerous.They floated back and forth confusing PSV
-Kimmich seems nervous to make risky passes but is making up for it in goals.
-Martinez played midfield. He killed it earlier as a CB, but damn is it refreshing to see.
-Lahm is looking suspect defensively (I know, I know, it's sacrilege to say but it's true)
-Costa looked good through the middle, Dunno why, but I've always liked the idea of him playing through there.
-Alaba was dangerous offensively, but left a hole next to Hummels. If playing 433 then Vidal as a LCM is a must.
-I have nothing but respect for Alonso, but he is far past his prime, Martinez or Thiago in his role instead.
-We are still weak on the counter, big gap in the lines defensively as many have pointed out. Flat 3 CMs no good
-KIMMICH IS ON FIRE!!!
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:40 am

Ok so I finished watching the game and my conclusions are:

1) the team still needs to keep gelling together, that was by no means a vintage performance.

2) our defense needs focus

3) Robben played a 10ish role, same as Ribery does under Carlo, not a pure winger role.

4) Personnel-wise our team has two problems: Xabi Alonso (duh) and Phillip Lahm. Lahm is a) not taking forwars positions b) not carrying the ball forward and c) playing about 90% of his passes sideways or to the back (if anybody knows where to get stats on this, very welcomed). Lahm is the reason our attack only works through the left side. I'm very disappointed.

5) Thiago created lots of clear cut chances (at least 4 in the first half).

Overall, we need to clear the Pep chip and make more daring passes and be more vertical, cause were still playing too safe in attack and going to extreme lengths to keep possession.

Going forward our formation should be a 433 or 4312 with Kimmich as a RB and Javi/Renato/Kimmich taking Xabi's position. Thiago either takes a more advanced position (the ten) or the regista role, I'm fine with both. The 10 position can also be taken by Ribsy or Robben.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League