You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll runs till Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
7
100%
It will end in a draw
0
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 7

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby MatchBot » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain F.C.
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Venue: Allianz Arena, Munich

Previous encounters:
  • [2017-09-27] Paris Saint-Germain F.C. 3 - 0 Bayern Munich (UEFA Champions League)
User avatar
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:08 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Match thread opened a bit early this time because I know we'll want to start discussing it already. It's a big test for Heynckes, let's make it count!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31582
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5577 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm

I want to see our strongest possible lineup in this. Hopefully we can keep a clean sheet and score two. Although I cannot really see us keeping a clean sheet against that PSG front three.



Rudy can start for Martinez and James for Coman.

Vidal, Tolisso and Suele/Rafinha should make up the supporting cast.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Virginia/California
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Anything less than victory would leave me very disappointed....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
User avatar
Firefox1234
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 14047
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am
Location: USA
National Flag:
Kenya
Has thanked: 4679 times
Been thanked: 2976 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm

In all likelihood, this will be a meaningless match as far as standings are concerned. However, it could be a game changer for our season, for better or worse.

We need to win convincingly.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31366
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8833 times
Been thanked: 7441 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Roonzil » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Pokal game a week or so later, I prefer no risks with this one


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 1371 times
Gender: Female

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby amaurer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 pm

If we win 4-0 we can still be 1st of the group ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
amaurer
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:07 am
National Flag:
France
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 25 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Roonzil wrote:Pokal game a week or so later, I prefer no risks with this one


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Two weeks
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31366
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8833 times
Been thanked: 7441 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:40 pm

We've been having a good run of form with Jupp's return. This game is a milestone. PSG has been on fire all season long, so beating them to first place is very much unlikely. However, a win would put us back on the "elite" track. We have a statement to make.
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11088
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2524 times
Been thanked: 2325 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:18 am

While this match could potentially determine first place if PSG drops points any time between now and then, I think that's probably not very likely....Still, it seems like the latest big psychological hurdle for us. A win would be a big boost IMO
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1408 times
Been thanked: 855 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Ed. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:41 am

MUTU wrote:Match thread opened a bit early this time because I know we'll want to start discussing it already. It's a big test for Heynckes, let's make it count!


It is way too early for the simple fact that there is an away trip to Anderlecht that has to take place prior and has to be won for this game to even be meaningful.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 am

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:Match thread opened a bit early this time because I know we'll want to start discussing it already. It's a big test for Heynckes, let's make it count!


It is way too early for the simple fact that there is an away trip to Anderlecht that has to take place prior and has to be won for this game to even be meaningful.

If you want to get so technical you should get the facts straight :P
It is mathematically possible for Bayern to lose the match against Anderlecht and still top the group.

Of course, if Bayern get MORE points against Anderlecht than PSG get against Celtic, then Bayern would only need to win the final match against PSG by any scoreline in order to top the group.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31582
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5577 times
Been thanked: 8309 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:23 am

MUTU wrote:Of course, if Bayern get MORE points against Anderlecht than PSG get against Celtic, then Bayern would only need to win the final match against PSG by any scoreline in order to top the group.


Mathematically speaking yes. Realistically, no. Even as they face Monaco next, their B team can easily destroy Celtic. Their A-list roster destroyed them on that visit to Celtic Park so I'm not expecting a miracle really.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
User avatar
tflags
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9085
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:41 pm
Location: Around the world... in 80 days.
National Flag:
Ecuador
Has thanked: 830 times
Been thanked: 2884 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Ed. » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:58 am

MUTU wrote:
Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:Match thread opened a bit early this time because I know we'll want to start discussing it already. It's a big test for Heynckes, let's make it count!


It is way too early for the simple fact that there is an away trip to Anderlecht that has to take place prior and has to be won for this game to even be meaningful.

If you want to get so technical you should get the facts straight :P
It is mathematically possible for Bayern to lose the match against Anderlecht and still top the group.

Of course, if Bayern get MORE points against Anderlecht than PSG get against Celtic, then Bayern would only need to win the final match against PSG by any scoreline in order to top the group.


What you say would be more probable if Bayern were at home next round and PSG were away.

That front 3 have been bulldozing teams, there's no chance they are dropping points at home. Believe me I really want the result of that last match to be of some consequence so we can give them a thorough workout in Munich.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 74 times
Gender: Male

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm

^ This guy is correct. It would be a huge upset if Celtic can get anything from their trip to Paris. PSG destroyed them 5-0 at their own stadium. PSG have so far won every game this season at home and have been mauling inferior teams in the Ligue 1. The possibility of PSG dropping points AT HOME against Celtic is very very low.

Also I too think that this thread has been created bit too early. However, it’s immaterial now that the thread has been already started.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Virginia/California
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests