You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 pm

This made my day..GET IN THERE LADS!
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Ya about the top 5 thing..we are no.1 "currently" under heynckes
Simple..
Once Neuer is back..Areola,Navas,Ederson can go lick his boots..
There's no way Pique Ramos et al are better "defenders" than boateng and hummels..Please I have had enough..Just watch them play today..Their coordination,precision,positioning,timing..near flawless..If they would have played for cules,madridistasor mancs they would already be gods..
Kimmich..Anyone debating? Want to exchange him with anyone else out there?
Alaba is currently not the best but under heynckes he is picking up and we will see the real alaba after the winter break..after Heynckes seasons him..
Still Alaba IS top 3..
Martinez as No.6..What he does for bayern..how he suits this system..he may not be the best player in the world but nobody fits in our current system in his role more than him..sorry..no.
Vidal..Seen him play recently? He is on Dope I bet..He is a beast currently after getting stick from Heynckes..He can pass,hold up,score,assist..everything.."currently" There's no better destroyer than him..
NO need to speak about Muller you guys are going to back him anyway
James is one of the best NO.10s in the world..How many players in his postion are actually better than him? Not moe than 2 at max.
And best for the last..with 51 goals in 50 games in 2017..the record breaker..the best striker in the world..Roberrrrrt LEWANDOWSKI!

Pep's city with those fernandinhos,otamendis,walkers and stones and silvas aint better than us sorry..We all know how it turns out with pep..
Real madrid are losing every alternate game in laliga..
Barcelona just watch them..Messi is carrying them through..een their own fans are upset and don't expect much..should I give proof?
That leaves us with PSG..

I ain't gonna say anything till we show Moneymar his place..lets wait a few more days..then I will hopefully let my thoughts about them be out..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:50 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I mean, it's not like PSG are drawing 1-1 vs the mighty Strasbourg :P

Touché!

Still, they were playing away and even with Jupp our away games were abysmal... We won, yes, but we were not very convincing...
Overall they seem to be much more stable...

But that’s not even my point... My point is you get ridiculed here like it was blasphemy if you don’t rate us Top5, mostly by users with delusions of grandeur who in return get no heat at all for their WAY more out of line statements of another treble and whatnot...

Honestly: Boateng and Hummels are both great, but our defense is not really convincing... And on our wings we need to put our hopes in a 34yo and a 20 yo... We lack offensive punch bigtime...
Even provided Lewa finds his form again...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:59 pm

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I mean, it's not like PSG are drawing 1-1 vs the mighty Strasbourg :P

Touché!

Still, they were playing away and even with Jupp our away games were abysmal... We won, yes, but we were not very convincing...
Overall they seem to be much more stable...

But that’s not even my point... My point is you get ridiculed here like it was blasphemy if you don’t rate us Top5, mostly by users with delusions of grandeur who in return get no heat at all for their WAY more out of line statements of another treble and whatnot...

Honestly: Boateng and Hummels are both great, but our defense is not really convincing... And on our wings we need to put our hopes in a 34yo and a 20 yo... We lack offensive punch bigtime...
Even provided Lewa finds his form again...

I did not watch the game today so I can't comment but most seem to think we deserved to win by more.

I'm with you on not overestimating ourselves, but saying we're not top 5 is going a bit too far since we signed Heynckes I think. We have improved a lot, and although some games left a lot to be desired we won almost all of them.

If you had said we're not top 3, I would probably agree with you btw. But as we all know form and luck matter more than anything. I think we're on track on the form part. It's the injuries that worry me, since our board has let our squad get thin. Not for this game, but for the CL season in general. In the end this game won't really matter.

P.S. What really baffles me (and maybe is the cause of frustration for many lashing out here) is that you seem to think we have no chance to win the CL whatsoever. We're far from favourites, but we're not that terrible to have just about as much chance to win it as APOEL. It's intriguing because I would have thought as a Bayern fan you would know that the best teams, or even the second best, unfortunately don't always win. Just think of that night. Or of 2010; Inter were better than us at the time, but they weren't overall the best in Europe on paper.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:15 am

Well, you mentioned why: we still have great players - but we don’t have the squad... It’s not no chance whatsoever, but it is VERY slim... I mean there’s 4 or 5 teams that have to go absolutely "infirmary"...
We haven’t won an away game against a decent side since 2013 - especially i knockout games...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:18 am

In your estimation, why does every single betting house in Europe and around the world still consider us a safe bet to be a top-5 UCL contender?

Are they missing something? Or do they just feel like throwing away their money?
aterford
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:21 am

No idea... I wouldn’t... Maybe they don’t have pay TV or went out on dates when we played in Paris, Glasgow and Anderlecht...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:23 am

You're right, that's probably it, I'm sure they didn't do any research or watch any matches before posting their available bets, silly me :roll: :roll:
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:42 am

aterford wrote:You're right, that's probably it, I'm sure they didn't do any research or watch any matches before posting their available bets, silly me :roll: :roll:
Yes, besides who wants to watch matches coached by Ancelotti eh?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:53 am

Cüneyt Çakır (TUR) is the referee
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
aterford wrote:You're right, that's probably it, I'm sure they didn't do any research or watch any matches before posting their available bets, silly me :roll: :roll:

Both away games were Heynckes-games

Of course many people are betting on Bayern - we‘ve been quite successful recently... I still cannot see how that renders "we’re not top5" unbelievably stupid while "we’re so good, all others ate shit, we‘ll win it“ is a strike of genius...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:09 pm

Right..
So saying we are no.1 is delusion but we are not top 5 is not?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:34 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Both away games were Heynckes-games

Of course many people are betting on Bayern - we‘ve been quite successful recently... I still cannot see how that renders "we’re not top5" unbelievably stupid while "we’re so good, all others ate shit, we‘ll win it“ is a strike of genius...

I think that's a bit of a strawman. I haven't seen many people claiming everyone else is shit and we're suddenly the favorites (maybe a few? but certainly not the majority, and I don't see too many people lauding such statements as a stroke of genius). Rather, it's just pushback to the notion that we're still not a top-5 club in Europe..........As I've said, I'm sure this would be a more fruitful discussion if you and the others claiming we're not top-5 could produce any sort of evidence beyond "I'm just going by what I've seen" and "Just wait till we play a top team then you'll see", etc. A modicum of objectivity would go a long way.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 am

MUTU wrote:I'm calling it.

3 days later and I'm still calling it. Maybe with Coman instead of Ribery. Either Frenchman will be eager to play against the team from his country's capital city.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 am

Kicker's prediction:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:16 am

I think we should use the same lineup against 96,just Alaba instead of Rafinha.Vidal is on fire now.

For PSG,Silva should be back in the starting 11:

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League