You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Hardrade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Lol what an edgelord. How old is he? :lol:
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby America USA » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:13 pm

Hardrade wrote:Lol what an edgelord. How old is he? :lol:

My guess is 12 years old :lol:

Seriously though I think he’s a teenager who only started supporting Bayern in/after 2013. He should support Manchester City or PSG if he’s so fond of spending $$$ on players.

P.S. While I do agree that Bayern are underdogs in the CL this season but labeling former five time European Cup winners and current five time defending German champions “small” is way over the top. :|
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 am

America USA wrote:

Seriously though I think he’s a teenager who only started supporting Bayern in/after 2013. He should support Manchester City or PSG if he’s so fond of spending $$$ on players.

P.S. While I do agree that Bayern are underdogs in the CL this season but labeling former five time European Cup winners and current five time defending German champions “small” is way over the top. :|

I‘ve been supporting this club longer than you know this sport... Isn’t there one if your views you can repeat 20-30 times in sone thread on here?
Say what you want... We’re not Top 5... That’s relatively (you guys know the meaning of that word right?) small...

When I‘m talking about past glory, I say "club" - I said team though... Who cares about 40 years ago when currently the only way is downhill...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:11 am

#12 wrote:
America USA wrote:

I‘ve been supporting this club longer than you know this sport... Isn’t there one if your views you can repeat 20-30 times in sone thread on here?
Say what you want... We’re not Top 5... That’s relatively (you guys know the meaning of that word right?) small...

When I‘m talking about past glory, I say "club" - I said team though... Who cares about 40 years ago when currently the only way is downhill...
1 CL win, 2 CL final appearances and 5 CL semi appearances in the last 6 years but we aren’t top 5? I would love to have some of whatever you are smoking. Even with major injuries and coaching problems Bayern still managed a 16 home win streak beating most of the clubs you claim are better. I get being humble but small club is a bit absurd.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Shan-E-Rehman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Life of #12
Wake up
Bash the club
Go to job
Come back
Bash a player
Before a match say bayern won't win
After the match we win but we are s h i t
Before sleeping
Bash the board.
During sleep
Bayern is small
Shan-E-Rehman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Again, it’s "team" - meaning our current squad isn’t top5... You don’t need to smoke nothing to see that... But to see it not...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:20 pm

Who are the four ahead? If only on talent alone - when healthy we're an easy top 5 team I think. You can argue that Barca, Madrid, PSG, and MAYBE City are ahead, but at worst we'd be #5. Nobody else is really threatening....certainly not United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Juve, Atletico, Napoli, Roma, etc.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find much support to the notion that we're not currently one of the top 5 squads in the UCL. I certainly don't think that we're the favorites or anything right not but there's a reason that you're literally the only person I've seen espousing this opinion.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:25 am

aterford wrote:Who are the four ahead? If only on talent alone - when healthy we're an easy top 5 team I think. You can argue that Barca, Madrid, PSG, and MAYBE City are ahead, but at worst we'd be #5. Nobody else is really threatening....certainly not United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Juve, Atletico, Napoli, Roma, etc.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find much support to the notion that we're not currently one of the top 5 squads in the UCL. I certainly don't think that we're the favorites or anything right not but there's a reason that you're literally the only person I've seen espousing this opinion.

I support the notion we are't top 5. Are you really excluding City?

At this moment, we are on equal footing with the second tier clubs, i.e United, Chelsea etc, which is really a fall from grace. 2 yrs ago, we'd be squashing these sides. Today over a 2 leg affair, we'd be slight favorites but a lot will depend on us having a full healthy squad and we know this has never ever been the case.

Yes, there is no evidence to substantiate this since we've not yet played any of these sides. It's a call people like #12 and I are making and will either be proved or disproved in the knockout stages.

I totally get #12's disillusionment. There is nothing wrong with expressing your support via displeasure. While most on the forum see the positives, there are some that fear the club has to change gears before it is too late. I don't see why one should get pilloried for having that opinion.

I've been a supporter of the club (and no other) for25 yrs now. Over the last 5yrs, I've seen us slowly but surely move ourselves to a position of being consistently one of the top 3 sides in Europe and see us now giving it all away in really 1 season because management has a very parochial view of the economics involved in football.

I feel like smashing the screen when you seen shots of Uli+Kalle for example in the Anderlect and Gladbach games. Reacting to Rudy skying one over the bar for example enthusiastically and exchanging smiles that seem to say "Boy, is this squad mint or what?"
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:49 am

Yeah, like I said: even if you include City, we're #5 AT WORST.
Madrid's form has been utter trash too, yet for whatever reason they're a top-5 shoe in, apparently. We're playing MUCH better than them right now, but what does that matter?

Don't get me wrong - check my previous posts and I think you'll find I've had my fair share of complaints with the direction the team is going, in regards to form, coaching, squad planning, and future goals/plans - but I don't think there's a single reason to think we don't have a top 5 squad right now.

Who would you put as your top 5 squads?
Juventus, who are third in their league?
Madrid, who are seven points out of first and currently sit fourth?
Atleti, who couldn't beat Qarabag in two legs?

Even IF you think we're playing like crap and don't have that great of a squad - the reality is that frankly there's no teams besides PSG and City that are really playing that well at the moment. I don't think we're UCL favorites and we're certainly worse than we were a few years ago, but again I must reiterate: there's simply not five teams that have stronger squads/are playing better than us at this given moment. It is perfectly fine to be disillusioned, displeased, dissatisfied, etc. But let's keep things in the realm of reality. Credit where credit is due....we are playing well at the moment and on a neutral playing field with a healthy squad we'd certainly be favored over the "second tier" clubs you mention. All the bettors have us as a top-five favorite to win the UCL, all the pundits, former players, former coaches, analysts, and every metric you can find seem to think the same.....So like I said - I get that there's cause for concern, but there's no need to take such hyperbolic stances just to get your point across - especially when there's literally no support for it other than "Just wait and see" (which is inevitably followed by something like "yeah okay we beat that good team but wait until we play THAT team" or "yeah we won but just wait until......" etc etc etc )
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:41 am

IMO as things stand today...
The most in form teams are the following.
#1 PSG
#2 Man C
#3 Barcelona
#4 Napoli
#5 FC Bayern

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 am

Let's do an injury roundup here.

Definitely out: Neuer and Thiago
Highly doubtful: Ribery

I think Alaba, Bernat, Rafinha, James, Robben and Mueller should be fit for this match. In fact, Rafinha and Mueller are both in full team training.

I don't think it's too bad.

If Robben or James can't make it, there's Coman in waiting.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

Ed. wrote:At this moment, we are on equal footing with the second tier clubs, i.e United, Chelsea etc, which is really a fall from grace. 2 yrs ago, we'd be squashing these sides. Today over a 2 leg affair, we'd be slight favorites but a lot will depend on us having a full healthy squad and we know this has never ever been the case.

That applies to any top club. We will win easily against those clubs you mentioned without injuries or with a small amount of injuries. We will struggle and maybe get eliminated with a lot of injuries. So would Barca, Real, and PSG.

We have an extreme problem with injuries year after year. We need to solve that, but the other clubs only seem THAT much better (they are better in general but not by much) because they are much healthier. How often are Ronaldo, Messi, and Neymar injured?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ed. wrote:At this moment, we are on equal footing with the second tier clubs, i.e United, Chelsea etc, which is really a fall from grace. 2 yrs ago, we'd be squashing these sides. Today over a 2 leg affair, we'd be slight favorites but a lot will depend on us having a full healthy squad and we know this has never ever been the case.

That applies to any top club. We will win easily against those clubs you mentioned without injuries or with a small amount of injuries. We will struggle and maybe get eliminated with a lot of injuries. So would Barca, Real, and PSG.

We have an extreme problem with injuries year after year. We need to solve that, but the other clubs only seem THAT much better (they are better in general but not by much) because they are much healthier. How often are Ronaldo, Messi, and Neymar injured?

Yes, it's astonishing how those guys never miss key games. Real's successful recent run in the CL wouldn't be possible if they did not have their best XI fit for all the vital knockout clashes.

Whereas in Bayern's case it's pretty much guaranteed will have a vital player missing for a big clash.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby James11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Their defense is not better than ours.
James11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:IMO as things stand today...
The most in form teams are the following.
#1 PSG
#2 Man C
#3 Barcelona
#4 Napoli
#5 FC Bayern

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

If you want to add Napoli to the list you should add Shakhtar Donetsk above them since they have 50% more points than them playing in the same group :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League