You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Manchu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:34 am

MUTU wrote:Let's be truly honest. PSG created chances, a lot of chances. If luck was on their side yesterday they had more than enough chances to win the match. Bayern won simply because they were more efficient finishing their chances. In any case, we were missing key players while others were nowhere close to 100% fit so I'm really happy with the way the match panned out. Well done Jungs!

In fact, a part of having a good team is having a good goalkeeper. Jupp has spent large amounts of time mentoring Ulreich and it has really paid off. We have been giving up fewer goals than Expected goals predicts since Jupp's return and the primary reason has not been luck but instead good goalkeeping.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby icewizard » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:05 am

kingbayern wrote:just watch some pundits and they were claiming ...psg were not serious and made Bayern win ..that is what they are saying and its pissing me off

Well in France, they say that it's a warning sign that PSG lost this game, as the first game doesn't count (another team mentality, another coach with all love and respect for Ancelotti, ...). PSG must never underestimate any opponent and they are expected to perform better than bayern. But french pundits aggree it was a very good Bayern side, against a first team PSG who has its flaws (mostly defensive).
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

Manchu wrote:
MUTU wrote:Let's be truly honest. PSG created chances, a lot of chances. If luck was on their side yesterday they had more than enough chances to win the match. Bayern won simply because they were more efficient finishing their chances. In any case, we were missing key players while others were nowhere close to 100% fit so I'm really happy with the way the match panned out. Well done Jungs!

In fact, a part of having a good team is having a good goalkeeper. Jupp has spent large amounts of time mentoring Ulreich and it has really paid off. We have been giving up fewer goals than Expected goals predicts since Jupp's return and the primary reason has not been luck but instead good goalkeeping.

Ulreich made good saves, that's true, but there were also times when PSG players failed to hit the target with presentable chances when they would usually finish those.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

P$G s defense is nowhere near being a competition winning block
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:17 am

I don't fully agree. Most chances were eventually stopped by our defence not luck. They could have scored more though. I remember one brilliant chance in the first half and we were bad in the first 15 minutes or so of the second
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:33 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

I don't fully agree. Most chances were eventually stopped by our defence not luck. They could have scored more though. I remember one brilliant chance in the first half and we were bad in the first 15 minutes or so of the second

We had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals.
They had 8 shots on target and scored 1 goal.

Yes, the goalkeeper made some saves, but they could also have hit the ball better making their finishes unstoppable.

In fact, they trumped us on stats yesterday

Attacking
Total attempts 12-13
On target 4-8
Off target 4-3
Blocked 4-2*
Woodwork 0-0
Corners 4-4
Offsides 2-4*

Performance
Possession 49%-51% (when was the last time that Bayern had the minority of possession at the Allianz Arena?)
Passing accuracy 89%-90%
Passes 534-591
Passes completed 474-534
Distance covered 112.7km-107.6km

Defending
Balls recovered 37-37
Tackles 5-9
Blocks 2-4*
Clearances 10-10

Disciplinary
Yellow cards 4-2
Red cards 0-0
Fouls committed 18-12

*Can't quite say what is preferable, having more attempts blocked or blocking more attempts. Same thing for offsides

At the end of the day, the scoreline is a bit flattering for us.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:40 am

MUTU wrote:Possession 49%-51% (when was the last time that Bayern had the minority of possession at the Allianz Arena?)

Wouldn't be surprised of it's Barca 2013
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alaba » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:40 am

Honestly people are always looking for something to complain about
First, Yes they had chance and failed to convert, but in the first game in Paris as poor as we were we also had chances and failed to convert maybe they were unlucky, but we were also unlucky in Paris
Second we played with almost half of our first eleven out or on the bench, ribery played fresh off a long injury, even muller,
Third psg were full strength, they even rest their players on the weekend for this game,and thats part of the reason they lost that game
Alaba
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Alaba » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:47 am

Also I honestly couldn't care less about possession
I hate it when people compare possession stats,they are useless
Psg have a poor defense, that is their weakness, to sit back and hit them on the counter makes perfect sense,
I hate possession, I really do.
I remember our games against atletico Madrid and real, we dominated possession,obviously they just sat back and hit us on the break, it was so naive, we played right into their hands.
Possession is just a means to an end, not the end itself
We palyed some of our best football in 2013 hitting teams on the counter attack, unless you win possession is useless, they are many ways to win a game, use their weakness
Alaba
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:Possession 49%-51% (when was the last time that Bayern had the minority of possession at the Allianz Arena?)

LOL.Let's posses the ball 70 % like we did with Pep and get **** up hard every time against the spanish teams.
I would absolutely love to have more stable defence,less possession and more effective attack,like the last night.

I think it's not a bad thing to play with the ball less,but more effectively.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

LOL.Let's posses the ball 70 % like we did with Pep and get **** up hard every time against the spanish teams.
I would absolutely love to have more stable defence,less possession and more effective attack,like the last night.

I think it's not a bad thing to play with the ball less,but more effectively.

I don't understand your passive aggressive post. Are you trying to somewhat prove that having lower possession is better, or are you just trying to say it's not too meaningful? If it's the latter, I agree. If you think it's completely useless, or worse, preferable to have lower possession, I simply can't agree with you mate.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

We had 4 shots on target and scored 3 goals.
They had 8 shots on target and scored 1 goal.

Yes, the goalkeeper made some saves, but they could also have hit the ball better making their finishes unstoppable.

In fact, they trumped us on stats yesterday

Attacking
Total attempts 12-13
On target 4-8
Off target 4-3
Blocked 4-2*
Woodwork 0-0
Corners 4-4
Offsides 2-4*

Performance
Possession 49%-51% (when was the last time that Bayern had the minority of possession at the Allianz Arena?)
Passing accuracy 89%-90%
Passes 534-591
Passes completed 474-534
Distance covered 112.7km-107.6km

Defending
Balls recovered 37-37
Tackles 5-9
Blocks 2-4*
Clearances 10-10

Disciplinary
Yellow cards 4-2
Red cards 0-0
Fouls committed 18-12

*Can't quite say what is preferable, having more attempts blocked or blocking more attempts. Same thing for offsides

At the end of the day, the scoreline is a bit flattering for us.

aaaaaaand the final score was FC Bayern 3 - 1 P$G
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 am

MUTU wrote:I don't understand your passive aggressive post. Are you trying to somewhat prove that having lower possession is better, or are you just trying to say it's not too meaningful? If it's the latter, I agree. If you think it's completely useless, or worse, preferable to have lower possession, I simply can't agree with you mate.

I did not want to sound rude.Sorry about that,it's just the emotions from yesterday. :oops:

And,absolutely i think that it's not that important to control the whole game like we tried to do under Pep in 3 years.Nearly 65-70% possession in each game against Atletico,still they beat us.Real beat us 4-2 with 48 % possession,and i don't even want to talk about 13/14 and 14/15 seasons..

Bayern fans printed fake €500 notes with Neymar's face on them.

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:21 am

IsiahRashad wrote:
MUTU wrote:I don't understand your passive aggressive post. Are you trying to somewhat prove that having lower possession is better, or are you just trying to say it's not too meaningful? If it's the latter, I agree. If you think it's completely useless, or worse, preferable to have lower possession, I simply can't agree with you mate.

I did not want to sound rude.Sorry about that,it's just the emotions from yesterday. :oops:

And,absolutely i think that it's not that important to control the whole game like we tried to do under Pep in 3 years.Nearly 65-70% possession in each game against Atletico,still they beat us.Real beat us 4-2 with 48 % possession,and i don't even want to talk about 13/14 and 14/15 seasons..

Bayern fans printed fake €500 notes with Neymar's face on them.

Is that what he seemingly kicked out of the way when he was pelted with something whilst trying to take a corner?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alaba » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am

Guys I think it's not better to have more possession than less possession, it is also not better to have less possession than more possession,
It is better to play in a way that gives you the best chance to win a game, if its by having less possession, so be it.
No philosophy or system is above the need to win.
That is peps biggest downfall
People need to realize there is no wrong or right way to play football , as long as you play within the rules.
Atletico weren't lucky to beat us,, we had more possession, more shots more everything, but we lost
Alaba
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League