You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby Nemepp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:18 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
I don't worry about Tolisso. He has the right attitude and I can see he loves Bayern like Nagelsmann. He has been very proactive in integrating himself. I think he view joining us as a dream coming true.

He will be fine. Destroying PSG is a tremendous confidence boost for him. I trust him.

This is a message that makes me happy. It must be allowed time to adapt.

With his double, he is 5 goals scored since the beginning of the season.
MiaSanMia
Nemepp
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
France

Postby Awax » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 am

Awax
Getting the hang of it

Postby Hardrade » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:07 am

Element wrote:The problem is that Tolisso is good in everything except his main duty. As a midfielder, you are supposed to control the rhythm and speed of the game and close down the midfield, but Tolisso in most of the games failed to do that. He is a very good goal scorer and gives assists too, but those are bonuses.
It is like having a car with a great sound system, 8 cameras, Bluetooth, TV, Sat Radio and a microwave, but the car can't exceed the speed of 10 Km/h !!!
He has all the attributes to become a very good midfield, so i am sure we will see more from him and the he will only get better.

These “bonuses” tend to win matches. Actually, it’s the only thing that wins matches. Football is not chess, so positions and roles should be flexible.

On a side note, I am genuinely entertained by some of the excuses for such an excessive hate campaign against him that began since his arrival, discreet yet obvious, so tonight I felt I should be irresponsibly quick in drawing my conclusions too. :D
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby MoFattal » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:09 am

We made a statement tonight that we are still up there among the best. Don’t forget, we are still a work in progress, but the direction we’re taking looks very promising. The damage left by Carlo is being reduced quicker than expected. We just need to have a good run of health up till the end of the winter break, which I believe will be the turning point. We have a lot of work to do in the next month.

Jupp surprised a lot with the lineup, but in the end he proved his worth. The man is a legend with the way he turned the team, regardless of how the season ends. We were playing the best squad in Europe this season.

Regarding the players, Coman, James, Tolisso and Ulreich were great. Kimmich looked silent, but he managed to keep the current best player in the world silent for the entire game. Ribery had an average first half, but a very bad second. He is a one-half player.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alduin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:13 am

I am so happy with the result. Jupp is a tactical genius. To be honest, I had my doubts but it was an amazing game plan.

The stand out performers are Coman, James, Sven and Tolisso. Is nice to see the new additions to continue to integrate into the team and start to perform even better. I am starting to not be worried about our future. We just need to add a back-up strike and another winger and we are set for the future.

Rudy needs to start to perform again or he will provide part of the funds for a reinforcement in another section of the team. It would be interesting to see if we get Goretzka and how we could setup ourselves with a midfield of Martínez, James, Tolisso, Goretzka, Thiago and Vidal going forward. 433, 4321, 4141 and other formations can be setup in that way.
Last edited by Alduin on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 am

This must have been Coman's least notable appereance this year . . .

And yet he wins MOTM.

God I love that guy!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
Element wrote:The problem is that Tolisso is good in everything except his main duty. As a midfielder, you are supposed to control the rhythm and speed of the game and close down the midfield, but Tolisso in most of the games failed to do that. He is a very good goal scorer and gives assists too, but those are bonuses.
It is like having a car with a great sound system, 8 cameras, Bluetooth, TV, Sat Radio and a microwave, but the car can't exceed the speed of 10 Km/h !!!
He has all the attributes to become a very good midfield, so i am sure we will see more from him and the he will only get better.

Couldn't have said any better

I'm not convinced with him yet and without those two goals we would be talking about a mediocre performance by him. The thing is that those goals are just a plus. He's supposed to dominate the game in midfield.

It's like rating Daniel Van Buyten as a Top defender just because he used to score a lot
To be entirely, 100% fair, everybody rates Ramos as a top defender just cause of the goals :D

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby La Bestia Negra » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:

Couldn't have said any better

I'm not convinced with him yet and without those two goals we would be talking about a mediocre performance by him. The thing is that those goals are just a plus. He's supposed to dominate the game in midfield.

It's like rating Daniel Van Buyten as a Top defender just because he used to score a lot
To be entirely, 100% fair, everybody rates Ramos as a top defender just cause of the goals :D

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Müller spielt bei mir immer"-
La Bestia Negra
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby uksharma » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 am

Absolutely Right
UKSharma
uksharma
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
India

Postby theundead » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 am

Kimmich did pretty well against Neymar, I'd say. I didnt notice Neymar coming 1v1 vs Sven. Kimmich did well to prevent that. He didnt tackle Neymar though, just stayed with him until another defender helped him
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:51 am

theundead wrote:Kimmich did pretty well against Neymar, I'd say. I didnt notice Neymar coming 1v1 vs Sven. Kimmich did well to prevent that. He didnt tackle Neymar though, just stayed with him until another defender helped him

There was a handful of situations where Kimmich perfectly handled him. It's incredible how he's filled the void left by Lahm.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kingbayern » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:15 am

just watch some pundits and they were claiming ...psg were not serious and made Bayern win ..that is what they are saying and its pissing me off
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby bmguy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 am

Coman is MOTM in the last 2 matches, I wonder what he did during the injury time to become such a class player in a very short time. Looks like now we have a great replacement for Ribbery :D
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 am

kingbayern wrote:just watch some pundits and they were claiming ...psg were not serious and made Bayern win ..that is what they are saying and its pissing me off

PSG: Starts entire first choice starting lineup, only has a 35 year-old Thiago Motta injured(and I realize that they don't have a good defensive mid alternative other than playing Rabiot, but that's their fault for not spending some of the 400 million on getting a semi-decent backup), and sprints the ball back to center-circle rather than celebrating after scoring.

Bayern: rests Vidal, Boateng, Javi Martinez, and Muller(each one a top 5 player if not better for their position), has Thiago, Neuer, and Robben injured(Bernat is too but he wasn't going to play anyways), and plays a starting lineup which is one Rafinha away from being majority second choice.

Pundit logic: Clearly, Bayern took this game much more seriously than PSG and Bayern's victory is aberration that doesn't reflect how weak they really are.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:09 am

Let's be truly honest. PSG created chances, a lot of chances. If luck was on their side yesterday they had more than enough chances to win the match. Bayern won simply because they were more efficient finishing their chances. In any case, we were missing key players while others were nowhere close to 100% fit so I'm really happy with the way the match panned out. Well done Jungs!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League