You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:03 pm

I am more worried about Coman's groin injury.
I am satisfied with both the win ans the performance.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Element wrote:The problem is that Tolisso is good in everything except his main duty. As a midfielder, you are supposed to control the rhythm and speed of the game and close down the midfield, but Tolisso in most of the games failed to do that. He is a very good goal scorer and gives assists too, but those are bonuses.
It is like having a car with a great sound system, 8 cameras, Bluetooth, TV, Sat Radio and a microwave, but the car can't exceed the speed of 10 Km/h !!!
He has all the attributes to become a very good midfield, so i am sure we will see more from him and the he will only get better.

Couldn't have said any better

I'm not convinced with him yet and without those two goals we would be talking about a mediocre performance by him. The thing is that those goals are just a plus. He's supposed to dominate the game in midfield.

It's like rating Daniel Van Buyten as a Top defender just because he used to score a lot
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 pm

dandydowser wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:A bit arrogant to make fun of him after he ran circles around us in Paris but still, he cost more than our entire squad (starting 11 + bench) tonight probably.
Fair point but if you want to sum up what is wrong with modern football in one player, it's him, so nice to see him being made to look like a Scottish League Two player!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yep! Also can confirm our lineup+bench cost less (and that's not even counting Mbappe)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Element wrote:The problem is that Tolisso is good in everything except his main duty. As a midfielder, you are supposed to control the rhythm and speed of the game and close down the midfield, but Tolisso in most of the games failed to do that. He is a very good goal scorer and gives assists too, but those are bonuses.
It is like having a car with a great sound system, 8 cameras, Bluetooth, TV, Sat Radio and a microwave, but the car can't exceed the speed of 10 Km/h !!!
He has all the attributes to become a very good midfield, so i am sure we will see more from him and the he will only get better.

This is why he is playing with more defensive minded partner.
The problem which are you talking about is his most unusual talent for a midfielder.How many high-scoring CM's we have/had in the squad ?
He scored 14 goals ! last season.
I would absolutely love to have a player like him in my squad,because you can find many players which can control your tempo (today-Rudy,James),but you cannot find many players with that goal instinct.

And hey,

probably he can do the same thing (controlling) if you give him this instructions,but since we need more goal scoring - i don't see that coming.
Last edited by IsiahRashad on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Nemepp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:36 pm

I find you very hard with Tolisso. In Lyon he shone, and he needs a little time to get used to the Bundsliga. He has a game carried forward and I can assure you that this young is talented. :D

Ribery and Coman did a great match, unlike Rudy who missed a lot of things tonight.
MiaSanMia
Nemepp
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
France

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 pm

IMO the main trouble with Tolisso is the player he's paired with...if that makes sense. Tolisso when paired with someone like Vidal is a disaster. But if you put him with someone more defensive minded or who can control the tempo better he plays just fine (Rudy, Thiago, Martinez...). I still think he was pretty shaky to start today, but played his way into it more.

Süle was sleeping on their goal IMO, looked like a deer in the headlights. I don't know what it is, but it feels like our defenders always just s**t their pants whenever they see a top player coming at them. Talent-wise our defense is as good as any in the world but at times they just seem to get intimidated by good attackers or something.

Rudy was quite rough today, which is a shame as he'd been playing very well.

Neymar utterly invisible.

Coman and James were masterful.

Overall, you've gotta be pretty happy I think. PSG wanted to win, they fielded arguably their strongest lineup and you could see their frustration today. We played with what I'd consider a B-team, in some regards perhaps even the "C" team and still were easily the better team today. Can't find much to complain about there. As I've said before - Cakir is normally quite good - but he was very far off today. With a bit more balanced officiating we might've very well found ourselves group winners. Grazie Carlo!!
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:46 pm

aterford wrote:IMO the main trouble with Tolisso is the player he's paired with...if that makes sense. Tolisso when paired with someone like Vidal is a disaster. But if you put him with someone more defensive minded or who can control the tempo better he plays just fine (Rudy, Thiago, Martinez...). I still think he was pretty shaky to start today, but played his way into it more.

Hey,somebody understand me ! :D :oops:

Tell me, @aterford - was the material hard to understand ? I think it's not. :P
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:52 pm

dandydowser wrote:
MUTU wrote:Just before tolisso's goal there was a PSG handball close to the box. Not sure if in or out. Referee is very biased.
Glad it looks that way on TV too.

Managed to get over for the game and the chat amongst the folk where I'm sitting is wondering how much PSG paid for the referee!

That said none of us can believe the first goal stood. How was Lewandowski onside? (not that we're complaining )

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
clearly onside.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Rauntšik » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 am

Gifs of Sven's saves?
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:06 am

MUTU wrote:It's a big test for Heynckes, let's make it count!

Jupp does not take tests. He tests Bayern players.

Regardless, We had a deserved victory. Jupp will be proud. We can be more relieved to plan about the future after this season.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 am

I don't worry about Tolisso. He has the right attitude and I can see he loves Bayern like Nagelsmann. He has been very proactive in integrating himself. I think he view joining us as a dream coming true.

He will be fine. Destroying PSG is a tremendous confidence boost for him. I trust him.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 am

Rauntšik wrote:Gifs of Sven's saves?

I've got this:

Look at the face of Cavani.It's fear. :D
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby America USA » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 am

Everyone played decent today except the first ten minutes after HT. Rudy was good but was also at fault for the goal because he went to sleep and instead of marking Mbappe just let him run in.

Sven, Coman and James stand out performers. Alaba was average IMO.

Ideally, It would have been sweeter to win by 3 goals, but I’m happy with the result.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League