You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll runs till Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm

A win or a draw would be fine as long as we put on a good performance

We are still far from our best and small details can make us lose or draw the game in the end, but a good performance to keep on building up chemistry and momentum is a must.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Coman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 pm

A win would be good but if we finish 2nd in this group it would not be that much of a problem as we can have hard or easy draw whatever the position in the group...

If we finish 1st we could play against CSKA Moscow, Chelsea, Juventus, Sevilla, Shakhtar, Porto, Real Madrid
If we finish 2nd we could play against Manchester United, AS Roma, FC Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City, Besiktas, Tottenham
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby kingbayern » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm

need us to win ...for my pride and ego ...we need to win
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby shpati_L1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Coman wrote:A win would be good but if we finish 2nd in this group it would not be that much of a problem as we can have hard or easy draw whatever the position in the group...

If we finish 1st we could play against CSKA Moscow, Chelsea, Juventus, Sevilla, Shakhtar, Porto, Real Madrid
If we finish 2nd we could play against Manchester United, AS Roma, FC Barcelona, Liverpool, Manchester City, Besiktas, Tottenham

Champions League looks spicy this year.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Ed. » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:51 am

Calling it early..

Bayern will win this game but finish 2nd.
We'll draw one of the Manchester clubs in the next round and if Neuer isn't available,which looks likely to be the case, Bayern will be knocked out.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:36 am

Ed. wrote:Calling it early..

We'll draw one of the Manchester clubs in the next round and if Neuer isn't available,which looks likely to be the case, Bayern will be knocked out.

Neuer can be back between the posts for the second leg. Don't be so pessimistic, we already have a resident killjoy doing the doomsday prediction every weekend. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 pm

shpati_L1 wrote:Champions League looks spicy this year.

Only because the big three are not looking so stable rather than problematic even Barca who has a winning streak, if you watch closely they are much worse than the previous years, that guy Messi pulls of magic things again.

As for the 1st-2nd place in the Group stage for the last 3-4 years is completely for the show, just remember guys the Juventus draw couldn't be worse, Arsenal numerous times despite the huge wins Arsenal is not a good draw for the "group winner"
I really don't care where we'll end up as much as we're on a good streak and playing consistent football nevertheless the re-match against PSG at home must be a reaction, just a respond, I don't care about the 1st place, I want a good respond,a punch to make me feel that we're pissed off.

Matter of fact even if we win against PSG they have great stats and it's highly unlikely they drop points against Celtic so... 2nd place it is then.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:40 pm

tflags wrote:

Neuer can be back between the posts for the second leg. Don't be so pessimistic, we already have a resident killjoy doing the doomsday prediction every weekend. :P

Yeah right. One Twelve is more than enough. Anyway if Bayern continue on the upward trend since Jupp has come back, I would be confident to face United. Citeh though, I hope they draw Real Madrid in the Ro16!
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am

America USA wrote:[
Yeah right. One Twelve is more than enough. Anyway if Bayern continue on the upward trend since Jupp has come back, I would be confident to face United. Citeh though, I hope they draw Real Madrid in the Ro16!

Haha, well perhaps like #12, I'm more of a realist and don't look at our squad through rose tinted glasses.
Jupp's coming back only helps getting more out of the existing squad. The deficiencies in the squad are still there.

Our overall attack is not on par with some of the other top sides in Europe.

We still have a much better squad than Manu, but I don't like our chances against Mourinho and his abrasive tactics without Neuer in goal. City are probably the best side overall going forward in Europe at the moment. It'll be a difficult but not impossible task to keep them quiet, their offence will keep our defence under continuous pressure and I can't see our offence returning the favor.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:05 pm

It'll take much more than Neuer out for Man United to knock us out.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kingbayern » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Ed. wrote:
America USA wrote:[

Haha, well perhaps like #12, I'm more of a realist and don't look at our squad through rose tinted glasses.
Jupp's coming back only helps getting more out of the existing squad. The deficiencies in the squad are still there.

Our overall attack is not on par with some of the other top sides in Europe.

We still have a much better squad than Manu, but I don't like our chances against Mourinho and his abrasive tactics without Neuer in goal. City are probably the best side overall going forward in Europe at the moment. It'll be a difficult but not impossible task to keep them quiet, their offence will keep our defence under continuous pressure and I can't see our offence returning the favor.

Will all due respect there is no realism in your statement, if we are factor our form
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Seriously, where’s this coming from? It’s not 2013 anymore... I don’t see us high above ManUre and I honestly cannot see why you guys do... We’re still probably favorites and we’re not necessarily worse... But I don’t see how our players are that much better...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 pm

United have an easy group and I think only beaten Spurs from the top games in the Premier League. There is no reason to think they are better than us or are among the favourites to win the CL. They haven't proven anything, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, since Heynckes took over we have been brilliant. We've won every game and even without Neuer conceded almost none. Judging by Heynckes's past, I'm not too sure our form will decline. Hopefully it won't.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Lol at these pessimists shitting themselves at the thought of facing Man United :lol:

If it was Citeh, Real and PSG you were talking about I’d understand the fear but saying Bayern will go out against United because they are a better team than us is pathetic. I am pretty sure Neuer won’t be back for the Ro16 but if we keep playing the way we have been and improve in a few areas (defending Counters, finishing, etc.) I don’t see how any sane person can make United favorites against Bayern!

Agreed with the guy above me, just because Manuel is out does not mean we’re going to lose against Mourinho’s United.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby DiegoForlan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 am

Many of you will eat your words a couple od months later, Paris is a force to reckon, Barca and the amazing squad of Real Madrid, you guys say that Man Blue is something to be afraid of? Well if it wasnt for their amazing coach we could cope with Barca when we met last time, but the high defence line exposed our goal against the best attack in the world, and maybe all time so we conceded from three pathetic counterattacks.
You guys forgot about players like Lionel Messi, Ronaldo, who on their own are more dangerous than most attacks in CL .
Paris has a strong lineup, City is soft as butter. I still fear Barcelonas attack much more than theirs, as Mourinho once said, Barca, Real or Bayern ( arguably not now ) would finish first in EPL with 15+ points difference . if our attack becomes a little bit more compact we should be able to destroy them.
MU are a story for themselves, they are always a hard oposition.
Wont jump to any conclusions untill i see how we will play against PSG home.

My opinion is that Barcelona and Real are still the hardest opponents, Messi, Suárez and Dembele can do much more than City's attack, Iniesta when motivated is still more of a potential threat because his creativity is umatched, and a compact team like that shouldnt be moved by Guardiolas outdated tactics under the right coach, same goes for Madrid, who is the most dangerous team in front of the goal, their strikers wont forgive mistakes, and the newly composed superstar teams will give them many options (doesnt go for PSG their team is alrdy a well oiled machine)

We showed our teeth to RM last season even under Throttlelotti dont see why we couldnt replicate that this year against anybody, considering that that team was monstrous with Zidane on as their coach, and it still is.

Lets see how far Jupp will take our boys.
DiegoForlan
Woah, this feels cool!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League