You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
79%
It will end in a draw
7%
Paris Saint-Germain F.C. will win
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-05] Bayern Munich vs PSG

Postby tflags » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:46 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Strasbourg with the biggest upset this season. And they played the last 25 minutes with their substitute GK.

It was an unfair result honestly. PSG had plenty of chances to score.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

l didn't like this. he did very good job so far. l hope he doesn't destroy everything he did with nonsense choices. Ribery should be a joker in remaining season and should leave Bayern at the end of the season. otherwise, it will create so much problems. l fear Ribery became dead walking 2.

The problem is we are losing advantage and wasting our players best years with the likes of Alonso and Ribery.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Neuer, Thiago, Bernat and Robben are out, now it's confirmed.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 am

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="aterford"]You're right, that's probably it, I'm sure they didn't do any research or watch any matches before posting their available bets, silly me :roll: :roll:
Yes, besides who wants to watch matches coached by Ancelotti eh?

Both away games were Heynckes-games

Of course many people are betting on Bayern - we‘ve been quite successful recently... I still cannot see how that renders "we’re not top5" unbelievably stupid while "we’re so good, all others ate shit, we‘ll win it“ is a strike of genius...

I think that's a bit of a strawman. I haven't seen many people claiming everyone else is shit and we're suddenly the favorites (maybe a few? but certainly not the majority, and I don't see too many people lauding such statements as a stroke of genius). Rather, it's just pushback to the notion that we're still not a top-5 club in Europe..........As I've said, I'm sure this would be a more fruitful discussion if you and the others claiming we're not top-5 could produce any sort of evidence beyond "I'm just going by what I've seen" and "Just wait till we play a top team then you'll see", etc. A modicum of objectivity would go a long way.[/quote]

From my perspective it is... But hey, I hope they prove me wrong...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 am

Pelin wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

l didn't like this. he did very good job so far. l hope he doesn't destroy everything he did with nonsense choices. Ribery should be a joker in remaining season and should leave Bayern at the end of the season. otherwise, it will create so much problems. l fear Ribery became dead walking 2.

The problem is we are losing advantage and wasting our players best years with the likes of Alonso and Ribery.
Jupp is just avoiding extra pressure on Coman...
He is motivating him even further.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 am

BILD's prediction:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 am

This was a tailor made game for Robben to thrive.
In general, against the top sides, we need Lewa+Robben+Thiago in the first XI to be effective upfront. The attack is going to lack bite not having 2 out of the 3.

I can't see how we can win this game. It's most likely going to be a draw.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:20 am

Paris Saint-Germain are without Thiago Motta and Lucas Moura for their clash with Bayern Munich in UEFA Champions League Group B on Tuesday.

Coach Unai Emery opted to leave the Brazilian out of his 19-man travelling party, while the veteran Italian continues to recover from surgery on a lingering knee issue last month.

Motta, 35, is expected to return to training shortly after his right knee underwent arthroscopic cleaning, while Lucas has been informed in no uncertain terms that he has no future with PSG and could be on the move come January.

Captain Thiago Silva has returned to the group for the trip to Germany and will likely skipper the side alongside Marquinhos at Allianz Arena on Tuesday, while star attackers Kylian Mbappe, Edinson Cavani and Neymar (MCN) have also been included by the Spaniard.

Christopher Nkunku is part of the squad and should act as cover for the other 18 names on Emery's list, while Germany internationals Julian Draxler and Kevin Trapp return to their home country.

Hatem Ben Arfa remains ineligible and has not featured in a competitive squad all season anyway, while youth academy graduates Alec Georgen and Moussa Diaby are on UEFA Youth League duty.

Fellow youngsters Lorenzo Callegari, Antoine Bernede and Remy Descamps have been left out completely. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 am

Ed. wrote:I can't see how we can win this game.

I can't see how we can NOT win this game. We're going to be more motivated than them, and we're playing at home. The only real weakness we have is Ulreich instead of Neuer.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

tonight will be a good test to see where kimmich really is if he can handle neymar or not.
as a side note I am expecting also something from lewy coz he said he is world class and he wants more money
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm

JH on Mbappe and Neymar
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 0143000578

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:40 pm

There's some fighting going on in Hauptbahnhof. [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:03 pm

MUTU wrote:

I can't see how we can NOT win this game. We're going to be more motivated than them, and we're playing at home. The only real weakness we have is Ulreich instead of Neuer.

Well Mutu, you look at PSG's likely lineup and they are most likely going to start the game looking to counter and exploit 1v1 situations, which is ok, nothing different from Paris there, but just like in Paris, there is a lack of speed in the Bayern XI (except for Coman) to hurt PSG during transitions or on the counter.

With Robben, I would have been bullish.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Well Mutu, you look at PSG's likely lineup and they are most likely going to start the game looking to counter and exploit 1v1 situations, which is ok, nothing different from Paris there, but just like in Paris, there is a lack of speed in the Bayern XI (except for Coman) to hurt PSG during transitions or on the counter.

With Robben, I would have been bullish.

If Robben was fit he very likely would have taken Coman's place. Considering that Coman is currently faster than Robben, if Robben was available we'd likely be slower. Do not compare this match to the one in Paris. In Paris we had a coach who knew it was his last match and as a parting 'gift', he stuck a piece of paper in the dressing room board containing 11 player names (and excluding his biggest critics), and left the room. You have to appreciate that the approach and motivation will surely be different this time around, notwithstanding the fact that we're playing at home.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Actually in Paris the game could have easily gone either way. We had quite a few good chances.

I think that Ulreich just let in two easy goals. Hopefully he will repeat his latest good performances tonight.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League