You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-03-30] Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Result

Bayern wins
63%
Draw
12%
Manchester United wins
25%

Total votes : 93

Re: [30-03-2010] Bayern Munchen vs Manchester United

Postby dambun » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:and some posts from Man Utd fans on their leading forum....this one is my favorite:D

"We were using the same tactics as we did against Milan in a way, absorb their attacks then pick them off with the counters. The difference being this time, their main attacking options tracked back and put pressure on our midfielders in possession. They never gave us a moment on the ball without closing us down quickly, whilst when we got possession, looked who to pass the ball to and slowed down the play. How many times did our players get the ball nicked of them by a player from behind. Also unlike Milan these guys didn't tire, they played it at a more Premiership pace whilst we tried to keep it at our European speed. When we did try to change tactics so did they and their attack slowed down and they started passing more and building up their attacks. It was brilliant tactics by Van Gaal."

"We had to play deep because whenever we won the ball back we were in our defensive third and they would then promptly close us down until we passed it back to them or hoofed it upfield. We never got the chance to push out.
We were outclassed by their excellent pressing."

Thanks Scholl... It was awesome...
:)))
My eyes are full of tears... :D
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby raz25 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:and some funny video:D...

Hey man could you translate?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vlado19 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:57 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Vlado druže...

look first of all dont call me druže cause i m croat and durgovi are on the other side of the dunav(danube), anyway. I think you got me wrong. I never said taht hamit is beter then robben. I m just saying that yesterday after a long time we played as a team, wich we have failed to do in practicly everygame in past time. And it turned out to be a game in wich robben was out. nothing else. ofc that arjen is world class i never said he wasnt i was just noticing the diferences in our game whit him out. and i clearly said Bastian for Pranjić. I forgot to menition muller , but yes he needs to be benched and gomez must bee in the starting lineup. And also you say BIG GAMES, but thats also not quite corect cause we played good whit that lineup booth in the bundesliga. WE PLAYED AS A TEAM YESTREDAY AND THOSE GAMES BEFORE ROBEN WAS FIT, WHIT ROBBEN WE ARE A ONE MAN SHOW AND NOONE CAN SAY I M WRONG and he is also FARRRRRRRRR to selfish
vlado19
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Rooney will miss The GAME IN OLD TRAFFORD

YEAH

He has A Sprained Ankle , and will miss 2-4 Weeks !!!

I Hope that he gets better (But after the game :wink: )
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby hgb09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Nick19 wrote:Congractulations guys, very well deserved.

Thank you man.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby hgb09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:14 pm

Element wrote:YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

WE WON

A 1-0 is better than a 2-1

But A 2-1 is better than the 0-0 You all were praying for

I Knew that

and i told u that we trail we win the game
HERE
Element wrote:The last 2 games

we were leading and lost at the end

and this season , every time we were losing we managed to come back and get at least the Draw

My Friend is A Man utd Fan

He said that Bayern played Great and deserved to win

he also said that Man utd had the chance to win , but bayern also deserved the win

Then he said that Van Der Sar was the player of the game

and I Also bet that Olic will score , and he did

sedmica wrote:I think that next week with the help of Robben and Schweinsteiger we could pass United. I'm not sure if Van Gaal should move Schweinsteiger in the team, and put Pranjic or Hamit out. I would make this the lineup for the wednesday

Schweinsteiger is our best player this season

so put him instead Of Pranjic and u will see how football is Really played

Robben is the best ele.
hgb09
2014/15 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AvatarX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm

Element wrote:Rooney will miss The GAME IN OLD TRAFFORD

YEAH

He has A Sprained Ankle , and will miss 2-4 Weeks !!!

I Hope that he gets better (But after the game :wink: )

I read this too. We'll know for sure tomorrow, but it seems like you said, so no Rooney for ManU in OT :)
Well, 92nd minute was our lucky one. We scored a goal and Rooney injured in the same minute ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 pm

hgb09 wrote:Robben is the best ele.

true

but Bayern without schweinsteiger is much worse than bayern without Robben (But the game vs man utd was against the rules)
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby tappinho » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 am

Element wrote:But the game vs man utd was against the rules

Sadly every game vs united is against the rules... REVANCHE!!
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby robbery » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 am

They LOSE Rooney ( their best player ), we GET Schweini and Robben ( our best player ). We were a bit better than United in Allianz, we could be much better than them with Robben and Schweini and without Rooney.

I don't wanna say that we are already in 1/2, but we have more chances than MU.
And if we succed, we will have Lyon or Bordeaux. I'm french, i know these teams very well, and they very very worse than us.

I just want to say that we haven't ever been so near from the final...
Robben, Ribery, what else ?
robbery
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 am

^^^ pffft, those 2 french teams have been mopping the floors with some of the top European clubs. Including us.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:13 am

EQ Kimball wrote:^^^ pffft, those 2 french teams have been mopping the floors with some of the top European clubs. Including us.

I Think that LYon are 70% in the Semi finals

True man

Bordeaux Won vs FC Bayern home and away !!!

Bordeaux Won Vs Juventus , and had a tie against them

Lyon Won vs Real Madrid , and Tied Against them in the Bernabeu

So we are better than them , But it will be Totally Wrong to underestimate them
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:25 am

Bordeaux had a lot of great chances and posts in that game. It was nice football played by both sides. Lyon got really lucky with that penalty, not deserved at all. Cissoko will be back for Bordeaux and I believe if they played like they did in Lyon WITHOUT the defensive blunders then Bordeaux will turn the result over and make it through. I would rather play Lyon than Bordeaux so i would be happy if Lyon goes through and we beat Manure...but if Bordeaux makes it through I would be worried about it being a tight game.

P.S. Anyone wants to translate this. Olic interview Post Game. Element :wink:
Code: Select all
http://rs9cg.rapidshare.com/files/370118447/Ivica_Olic_Interview.flv.html
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:P.S. Anyone wants to translate this. Olic interview Post Game. Element

Element to the Rescue

His German is not great but good and understandable , so my translation might not be literal sometimes

Reporter : Where is the Ball ,Ivica ?

Olic : in The Locker Room (Laughing)

Reporter: Ah it is already Saved , You wont Give that away, You will Give it to the Children

Olic : Yes Of course , I Will keep the ball forever , I Think that i and The Team have played Really Well , and that At the End we won deservedly

Reporter : Do you think that You Were Noticeably Better than Manchester ?

Olic: The Unlucky goal in the First Should not happen especially in A Game like this , But We always Tried to play to the forward , and in the first half we had 2 or 3 good chances , Of Course Manchester United is A Big team , and they were good in counter attacks and also had some good chances

In The Second Half , I Think that we have played Even better and at the end we scored 2 goals and won , And I Think that A Win is Better than A Draw or Loss

Reporter : Let's Take A Look at The goal that we Really would like to see Again , That Was An Energetic Performance from the Whole team till you Scored At The End , Mario Gomez Said that The Atmosphere was an atmosphere that he has not experienced for a long time , Do those things have an influence?

Olic : Definitely , The Atmosphere was Unbelievable , Usually I Don't Hear It When I play but I Have Heard The Support and the Fans were Behind us , Also our players Were ... I Mean that Manchester United is A Big opponent and we have played A Top class Game , so we have totally deserved this , This game Is Behind us now , Next Game We must play like this game to concede To the Next Round

Reporter : Then maybe There Will be another Good Surprise !!!

You Became A Jersey From them I Think ?

Olic : No , Not Yet But Before the game I Have Spoken with A friend from my Times in Moscow , He Told me that he Likes Nemanja Vidic and that he Would like to have his Jersey .

Reporter : You will find time to sign it , What Does This Game Mean For The Game In Schalke , How much Courage will You take ?

Olic : I Think that This game was Important , but the Game on Saturday is even more important ( Vs Schalke)

Because it will decide The BL Title , WE must Forget this game as fast as possible (means forget the Man utd game) , and recover quickly to play vs Schalke like We have played here

Reporter : Hoeness Said that the BL Title is the most important thing , Thank You Ivica
==================
Cool , He Got the ball and kept it

and look at his face , he is Totally Tired , and i mean totally
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Danke schön Ele :mrgreen:

Well, I'm really worried about Old Trafford's game. We will have to score because if we don't, we will be out of the CL for sure.They will attack us with everything and we will surely concede another very stupid goal so we have to trust in Robbery and Olic again (and in LVG's luck !! )
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League