You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-03-30] Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Result

Bayern wins
63%
Draw
12%
Manchester United wins
25%

Total votes : 93

Re: [30-03-2010] Bayern Munchen vs Manchester United

Postby sitarbonsai » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 pm

I have to admit I was a bit nervous at the beginning bayern had many good players out, and rooney just, well demichelis just.... "tripped up", but at the end
MARVELOUS! Olic just dosen't stop running, he just keeps going and goin he is the enigizer bunny!

and oh im not new here I used to be a regular a while back, then I forget my account name and finally decided to recreate an account
"Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes"
- The Buddha

My web-site:
http://justinsitar.webs.com
sitarbonsai
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Van Bommel was a LEGEND today. What a match !!!!!

But I don't agree with Schollie. We played shit IMO. Manchester played too deffensive and we played a terrible first half. In the second half we were much better but our playing sucked. Really slow and bad.

Van Buyten sucked with Rooney but Demichelis totally owned him in the second half. :)

I hope that LVG has realized that Mueller can't play in this big matches yet.

BTW Ferguson says that Rooney's injury may not be too serious......
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shpati_L1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 pm

I told u that when i vote we win lol
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW Ferguson says that Rooney's injury may not be too serious......

Well, he is a Sir, not a Doctor, so I hope he is wrong :P

It would be fair as we hadn't Robben today....
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 pm

But I don't agree with Schollie. We played shit IMO.

We ran them over...they had like 5 runs over to our side in second half...we dominated for more than 70 minutes.

Believe me they did not intend to defend for 90 minutes...they wanted to take away posession from us and make it work in their favour.
They wanted to put 3 or 4 passess together...BUT THEY COULDNT...we closed midfield like we had 5 Effenbergs playing in midfield.

Only bad thing today was that double mistake from Demichelis [first: making silly foul on Nani in first minute and sliping while marking Rooney in second minute]
Everything else was great...if Van Der Saar was injured and someone else was standing in their goal...we would win by 3-4 goals difference.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Aequitas1987 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Wow. Simply Wow. I was too busy watching this game at the pub to post in the forums...but reading through the last 10 pages the emotions match up exactly to what I was feeling. The only thing I was happy about was Altintop starting...as in previous seasons I have mentioned him as being 'better and more consistent' than schweini. Only since LVG has schweini finally found his perfect position as a box to box CM/CDM.

Wow, what a game, what emotions. We are not out of it yet but here is what i got from this match.

Best player of the game : Altintop, BY FAR. The guy filled in Schweini's offensive shoes and even partially Robbens. The dribbling move he did in the second half was epic and almost resulted in a goal. Overall, always aggressive, always offensive, keeping possesion, passing extremely well and linked up brilliantly with MvB.

Secondly. GOLIC. If today was not enough for the haters to stop hating then you guys need to get a head check. Its obvious by now that our best COMBINATION upfront is GOLIC. Olic has been the 2nd best player in the season for us, arguably ALMOST as good as Robben because what he brings to the team cant be quantified in goals and statistics.

Third. Gomez haters take a back seat. All Gomez haters need to take a backseat after his 20 minute performance today, he was absolutely brilliant in the 20 minutes he played outshine both Klose and Muller.

Fourth. Admitting Muller's INEXPERIENCE (Finally). He was invisible today, more than Pranjic. But his best asset is his ability to keep up speed wise with Robbery, Gomez & Klose cant and even Olic has difficulty (Muller is the fastest) we have. SO. I still think he should start because he clearly has a lot of potential as the backheel showcased today. Hes developing into a Van Persie like player if given the opportunity.

Fifth. Ribery almost changed my mind with todays defensive performance, it seems he is finally buying into LVG's genius and starting to support the defense he was one of the most balanced wingers ever today.

AFTER ALL THAT. I Believe even if LVG is stubborn he clearly is a tactical genius as he showed today...so based on that this is what I believe for next season and we will be CL Winners if not already!!!.

DEFENDERS: Demichelis, Badstuber, DvB, Lahm, Contento, +1 (Srna, Bosingwa, Zhirkov)
MIDFIELDERS: Robben, Krasic/Hazard/Elio, MvB, Schweini, Altintop, Kroos, Muller
ATTACKERS: Gomez, Olic, Muller +1

With that lineup with even more reserve backups in the form of Breno, Ottl & Alaba. We are set for CL GLORY.

Altintop proved today that he is a serious contender like i have always argued, he made a few mistakes as a fullback but offensively and in midfield he is as good if not better than Kroos and close to Schweini's level and might even overtake MvB in certain aspects.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Yes, the pressure by the Bayern players was impressive. Every time Man had possession, a Bayern player was ready to pressure them and win the ball. There were numerous occassions, where Bayern won the ball in midfield, NOT from a bad pass by a Man player but good tackles from the Bayern players. That's the way to play. And yes, I can't believe the level of stamina the Bayern players have. One negative aspect from the game is that when Ribery has the ball, everybody stops and just watch him. Players must support, attackers must make diagonal runs and midfielders open up so he can pass to them and not pass back to Badstuber.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Olic showed today that he must be in the starting XI and stay there for 90-92 minutes :)
Today as in the game vs Juve was all over the field. Great work. This is the heart and passion we need from our players.

Demi did two mistakes, but given the fact that he had Rooney to cover, overall he did great. He also made up for this slipping mistake by stealing the ball from Rooney in the second half just before Rooney nailed it. Lahm and Badstuber did great too. DVB made some mistakes.
Butt did some good saves when needed. Couldn't do anything in Rooney's goal...

Altintop played his best game this season and -surprisingly- MVB was great. Pranjic was average as always. Some good shots but defensively nowhere.

Ribery was outstanding in times. Although not 100% yet, this was his best game this year and he made Neville look fool in some occasions.

Muller was a shadow. This kid has potential but he needs to be benched and try harder and not feel that he is 100% in starting XI.

Gomez or Klose should play alongside Olic in our attack.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:19 pm

MaCk0y wrote:One negative aspect from the game is that when Ribery has the ball, everybody stops and just watch him. Players must support, attackers must make diagonal runs and midfielders open up so he can pass to them and not pass back to Badstuber.

YES. You are 100% right with that one. When Ribery takes the ball everybody just stops. He tries to find someone to give him the ball, but everybody is stopped. So most of the times he has to give the ball back.

BTW, I think that it was Klose the player who gave a great assist to Gomez when he almost scored in his first great chance.

Altintop was out of form in the first half, but he shut my mouth in the second half. =D>

What I mean when I say that we played really bad is that we have 0 creativity. When we got the ball possesion back, we played slow and with stupid back passes instead making a great fast counter attack.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:20 pm

MaCk0y wrote:when Ribery has the ball, everybody stops and just watch him

Good thing is that even the opponents seem to have stopped and watch him :D

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW, I think that it was Klose the player who gave a great assist to Gomez when he almost scored in his first great chance.

Yeap. It was Klose ... What a save from VDS BTW ...

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:22 pm

And there is a thing that Butt has to improve...

When your CB's are too slow (like Micho and DvB) the goalkeeper has to play "in a more advanced position", not behind the crossbar. That's a big mistake
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby README » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 pm

it's simple when GOMEZ play, Bayern wins,........................ (OLIC is awesome)
README

Postby medjahedm » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Hey guys, I havent read what you guys posted in this thread because im too drunk right now. Just wanted to say, I just got back from the biggest english pub in Geneva, Switzerland (where I live) and I was the only Bayern supporter. Every single person in the bar was english, even my friends. I went so crazy for both goals that i cant speak right now because my throat hurts too much. What a night :D
medjahedm
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby EQ Kimball » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 pm

Aquitas needs to take some chill pills about Gomiss bashers...don't be blinded by your boner...

The goal Gomiss missed, or let's say VDS saved was from a BRILLIANT pass from Klose. Don't forget the slide he missed from a cross, as well as a shitty first touch where he lost the ball in front of the goal.

Olic also missed EASY chances but made up for it, after Gomiss went through and fell then lost the ball, there were like 5 defenders, and it was Olic that was brilliant in taking them by surprise. It wasn't GOLIC that won the game, it was Bayern playing amazing with Altintop making magic in the left flank with Lahm while Ribery and co were killing the rest.

I wasn't going to bring this relentless argument up since we're enjoying this moment, but you had to bring it up...

Fkk it though, we won today and that's what counts!

Edit: README smokes CRACK.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League