You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How many points are we going to get from this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

3 points
79%
1 point
15%
Zero Points
6%

Total votes : 33

[2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

Kick off: 

City's coach Roberto Mancini seems optimistic after tying at home to visitors Napoli. The Italian strongly believes nervousness was at fault and it shall be no longer an issue in Munich, having already playing a astounding ONE game in the CL. After that, he feels his team is ready to beat the hosts at this 2012 CL finals venue and march from Germany with 3 points under the belt.

I find it a courageous statement; not that he is allowed to say anything else after all that summer check writing... I also found we have quite a lot of fans in England eager to defend our reputation. Here were their responses to the news:

Norfolk Enchants
10:59 PM on September 14, 2011
Those eyebrows are fantastic.

elvirtuoso
12:31 AM on September 15, 2011
Mancini believes his team can beat Bayern Munich? Not a prayer in hell, pizza man!

arsen76
12:48 AM on September 15, 2011
You **** wish to beat the legends keep dreaming

silver76
1:45 AM on September 15, 2011
At least Mancini has got a sense of humour. He will need a whole load more oil money to be able to go to Munich and win.

boliatepa
2:17 AM on September 15, 2011
I am persuaded to conclude the Mancini is not only spending Arab oil money, he has started to drink Arab oil for dinner. It is affecting him.

c.t.i.d
3:00 AM on September 15, 2011
All u gay c u n t s are jelous of the mighty sky blue, wel beat bayern, every club has money over time not just city dumb f u c k s

chicharito14
4:03 AM on September 15, 2011
And this is a side everyone says will knock Barca off their perrch? Yeah, keep talking! They couldnt knock a one legged drunk out let alone Barca!

micko
4:32 AM on September 15, 2011
Don't forget to come back in 2 weeks all you doubters...especially if we do pull it off ;O))

arsenalhkgfan
5:43 AM on September 15, 2011
Beat Bayern Munich? Can they?

lori
7:06 AM on September 15, 2011
Men at home boys abroad wow

I do apologize for posting c.t.i.d's comments. You can't expect all apples to fall from the same tree now, can we?
Last edited by MUTU on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Edited Title ,added Kick-off time and added poll
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2011-09-27] Manchester City vs Bayern München

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Visitors Napoli, you mean. Juventus is not going to see Champions League football for quite some time.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Re: [2011-09-27] Manchester City vs Bayern München

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:08 pm

I think there's a mistake in the title. Bayern will be playing at home, right?

Loved most of the comments though :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2011-09-27] FC Bayern vs Manchester City

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm

City have as much history as Augsburg or hoffenheim.
Bayern just played their 150th game in cl and man shitty have played 1 game.
How can that grease ball manager mancini say they can win in munich........... they have the same chance as Hoeness being a size "zero" for christmas :P
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Element » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:28 pm

ballackfcb wrote:How can that grease ball manager mancini say they can win in munich........... they have the same chance as Hoeness being a size "zero" for christmas

everything is possible in football

but it is idiotic to say that after failing in beating Napoli AT HOME , and also actually losing before scoring the equalizer
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I imagine that Napoli were even more nervous...

We'll see. There's no saying what will happen. No one can say for sure who will win
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Spyware » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:15 pm

I watched their whole match against Napoli

They were Very good and Very fast only in the first 20 minutes

And then Napoli in the first time they pass the center line hit the post

And then Man City continue Possessing , But without clear cut chances at all , Napoli was very solid backward and very aggressive , Many of their players got yellow cards for nasty fouls
And the second half continued in the same way but Man City did more risks and were attacking with 7 players ( full backs + CM + Nasri + Agureo + Dzeko + Silva ) all were in Napoli's area , So The counters of Napoli was very dangerous , in fact it was always 3 on 3 situations , they scored one and missed two carbon copy situations ,, Also MAn City defense seems so shaky
Well Mancini plays like Van Gaal .. Dominating the ball , Up the Pace in the final third and no defense

But Surely that won't be the case in Allianz Arena , we won't let possession for them or only react as Napoli , They mostly will be the defending side and they seem very dangerous on the counter , nearly their only counter after Napoli's corner hit the post

And Damn YAYA TOURE is from another planet , This guy is incredible , How on Earth did barca let him go , I Love this Player
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 pm

About Yaya Touré ... when I look at his body and physical strength I have a very hard time to believe that's the sole result of hard training and good nutrition. Especially when you keep in mind that his brother was tested positive 7 months ago.

But hey, that's just me.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I got the title wrong and mixed Juventus with Napoli? Man this is the last time I am posting after partying...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:20 pm

As I said in the general thread, seeing Man City's game, we can exploit the following:

- They have great fullback weaknesses as their fullbacks tend to forget themselves in attack.
- Kompany is great, but Lescott is a DVB-like bomb in their defense, ready to explode.
- Barry is mistake prone. His mistake in midfield led to Napoli's goal.
- Their GK has some good moments but he is way far from being Neuer level - in fact I think he is average.

Their 4 attackers (Dzeko - Aguero - Nasri - Silva) are great in attacking but not that great in defending.

It all comes down to their formation and Robben's recovery. If they field those 4 trying for a win and leave Barry and Y.Toure trying to cover defenders against Robbery and Muller we will party in their defense (but they will have a lethal attack). If they field 3 of those 4 and have another CDM (De Jong) then we'll have a more balanced game.

Also a lot of things will depend of how we can mark Silva. They are expecting a lot from him. I think that Schweini with Gustavo or Tymo have the ability to cover him.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby dambun » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 pm

I just want us to rip them apart.... nothing less is acceptable....
I want them to feel the superiority of a huge club like Bayern.... I believe what we need the most is mental strength, and we can totally shut them down.... No matter who is available for the match.... we have the quality....

Let it be a lesson for all the idiots who think buying great players makes a great team.... They are not better than RM in the last few years (individually).... And we all saw that RM did not convert into a solid team until before they acquired a great coach (Mourinho)....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby uzi716 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Mancini said, City will go to Bayern and win. Bold words from him I have to say.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Cathe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 pm

We'll have to make Mankini regret saying that :twisted:
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Re: [2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 am

This match is two days after my birthday and my wish is for a clear cut victory with another clean sheet [-o<
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby MilanFan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 am

Napoli have developed a lethal counter attacking style.

If Man City can press any team and force them to play down their end and constantly attack they are very hard to beat.

OFC if you have a team with a decent passing game/midfield monsters and break out fast they are in serious shit IE Cavani goal vs Napoli

I mean if you back your backline and keep Robbery up front to counter, should destroy them, OFC this all depends on if your backline can hold

And OFC if you can get through the press and high pressure to get past the half way line.

Milan could not do this as our midfield is shit :shock:
MilanFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League