You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How many points are we going to get from this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

3 points
79%
1 point
15%
Zero Points
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:27 am

I hope we start with Gustavo.

I think Rafinha and Lahm will be our key players. The reason being City will try to double-team Robbery and if Rafinha and Lahm play well they can act as temp-wingers with good crosses in for Gomez also if they keep going for open spaces they can create good 1-2 opportunities with Robbery which will allows us to tire them out quicker.

I predict that we will probably only be leading 1-0 or 1-1 at half and then our possession game will take its toll on City and thats when the goals will come.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:44 am

I think city will completely focus on wings to block Robbery and keep a high backline to catch Gomez off the offside trap.
I feel its going to be Mueller who's going to be key to this matchup in such a case
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:02 am

They'll probably end our clean sheet streak, but we definitely have what it takes to beat them.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:03 am

I wouldn't mind Gustavo or Tymo there. They have different styles in marking but they can both be effective. Tymo seems a bit slower (although in most of our counter-attacks he is there up front, so it's not a matter of pace), but he intercepts better the opponent passes going forward and he makes some great long through passes.

Gustavo from the other hand usually let the opponent take the ball and then trying to get it from him. He is very good at it, but against Silva maybe it's better to try intercept the ball earlier.

At any case, as I said, they both have the ability to block the supply for Dzeko/Aguero, so I wouldn't mind either of them. It all depends how focus and determined we will be.

What I would mind is DVB against Dzeko or Aguero. If DVB is gonna play I hope he plays as an ST sub for Gomez for last 10 minutes :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am

I think Gustavo holds an edge over Tymo. Tymo is marginally better on the ball, but off the ball, he's too... nice. Gustavo has a bit of that van Bommel dirtiness in him, not afraid to put in a rough tackle and really make the guy he's marking lose his discipline. Every team needs a harasser like that. Of course Gustavo is physically very impressive, as in he's got great stamina and speed. If only he had more strength, or at least appeared to have it.
Aequitas1987 wrote:I think Rafinha and Lahm will be our key players. The reason being City will try to double-team Robbery and if Rafinha and Lahm play well they can act as temp-wingers with good crosses in for Gomez also if they keep going for open spaces they can create good 1-2 opportunities with Robbery which will allows us to tire them out quicker.

It's not unlikely, yes. Lahm frequently tops the "balls touched" chart, he's very active on the ball. Both him and Rafinha are very good at overlapping, unlike the makeshift FBs we've had at times like Holger, Pranjic, and let's admit it, Boateng (HE'S A CB DAMMIT).

It's also possible that Mancini hasn't done his homework properly and views Robben cutting in as the only threat from our right flank. If he marks Robben with even three guys, all covering his left foot, then a) Robben can still go through them because he's awesome like that, and b) leaves Rafinha open.

Robben, when he wants to be, can be plain unstoppable, period. I'd hate to be a manager playing against him, because marking him with more and more men is going to have a marginal effect AND leave other players open.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby CroCHEF » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 pm

appudds wrote:I think city will completely focus on wings to block Robbery and keep a high backline to catch Gomez off the offside trap.
I feel its going to be Mueller who's going to be key to this matchup in such a case

Mancini is coach, there is no tactic
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:27 pm

AvatarX wrote:I wouldn't mind Gustavo or Tymo there. They have different styles in marking but they can both be effective. Tymo seems a bit slower (although in most of our counter-attacks he is there up front, so it's not a matter of pace), but he intercepts better the opponent passes going forward and he makes some great long through passes.

Gustavo from the other hand usually let the opponent take the ball and then trying to get it from him. He is very good at it, but against Silva maybe it's better to try intercept the ball earlier.

I only entered the thread to say something similar to what you have said

THANK GOD FOR HAVING BOTH GUSTAVO and TYMOSHCHUK

when they were together in the field vs Leverkusen , you could see that both are great yet totally different CDMS

Tymoshchuk is slower , less offensive , but is better in closing gaps and intercepting passes , also he has personality on the field , also his shots are powerful and more accurate than Gustavo's

Gustavo is better in speed, blocking shots , and winning ball back (not that tymoshcuk is bad in that , bad like AvatarX said , Gustavo wins the BALL after the opponent receives it) , and HE IS A BULLY who physically humiliates his opponents to win the ball , and is ready to run the entire field to get the ball from a player , even in his offensive runs , like a TANK

Vs Manchester City , Luiz Gustavo would be Better

but i also would not mind see Both with Schweinsteiger after the 65th minute if we are leading

vs Manches
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby The Spyware » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:22 pm

I seriously doubt that Mancini will start with the four of Silva - Nasri - Aguero - Dzeko

Because then he will be in a huge trouble and it will be a lot easier to us IMO , As usually in Allianz Arena we tend to press very highly and deprive the opponent of the ball early , then with that usual good start going in the last matches then Mancini may well find himself 2/0 down in the first twenty minutes , as Robben and Ribery will have only one man to beat ( their full backs as Nasri and Silva don't defend and Yaya - Barry will take care of the centre Where is Kroos/Mueller- Schweini ) , So it will be a suicidal approach by Mancini to start wil that formation in the Allianz Arena

I think he may Use one of these

---------------Yaya-----------
---------Barry-----Milner----
Silva-----------------------Nasri
--------------Aguero-------------

or

-------------Yaya--------------
------Barry--------Milner-----
--------------Silva-------------
--------Aguero----Dzeko------

SO to always double Robben and Ribery and rely on the counter and they are very good at it ,

Anyway It's very important to score early , the most important phase of the match for us is the first 20-25 minutes and I believe we can easily be up in those minutes

I can't wait really and I have great faith that all of our players will be on their days
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Mr.S » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:32 pm

appudds wrote:I think city will completely focus on wings to block Robbery and keep a high backline to catch Gomez off the offside trap.

I dont think so. I dont see Muller playing a major role. Kompany is fantastic & Lescott is not horrible. City will atleast play 2 DM/CM's in Yaya-Barry & might possibly add Milner.Then they have Silva-Nasri. I see us outplayed in the central attacking mid-field but completely destroying them through the wings.

City play a very congested mid-field kind of game & dont have much wing-play. I dont see us doing anything major through the centre.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mr.S » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:38 pm

quaazi wrote:I think Gustavo holds an edge over Tymo. Tymo is marginally better on the ball, but off the ball, he's too... nice. Gustavo has a bit of that van Bommel dirtiness in him, not afraid to put in a rough tackle and really make the guy he's marking lose his discipline. Every team needs a harasser like that. Of course Gustavo is physically very impressive, as in he's got great stamina and speed. If only he had more strength, or at least appeared to have it.
Aequitas1987 wrote:I think Rafinha and Lahm will be our key players. The reason being City will try to double-team Robbery and if Rafinha and Lahm play well they can act as temp-wingers with good crosses in for Gomez also if they keep going for open spaces they can create good 1-2 opportunities with Robbery which will allows us to tire them out quicker.

It's not unlikely, yes. Lahm frequently tops the "balls touched" chart, he's very active on the ball. Both him and Rafinha are very good at overlapping, unlike the makeshift FBs we've had at times like Holger, Pranjic, and let's admit it, Boateng (HE'S A CB DAMMIT).

It's also possible that Mancini hasn't done his homework properly and views Robben cutting in as the only threat from our right flank. If he marks Robben with even three guys, all covering his left foot, then a) Robben can still go through them because he's awesome like that, and b) leaves Rafinha open.

Robben, when he wants to be, can be plain unstoppable, period. I'd hate to be a manager playing against him, because marking him with more and more men is going to have a marginal effect AND leave other players open.

I agree with everything you say. I'd like to add that apart from LB,there will be atleast 1 other guy marking Robben almost all the time or covering the FB atleast.I dont see Barry in that role because Robben evern with torn ligaments in both his leg is faster than Barry. My guess is that Yaya Toure will be used,he is physically very powerful & very quick. Barry will probably stay at CDM & triple team Robben when needed & mark Ribery-Muller when needed.

I dont wether Mancini will play Clichy or Kolarov,both are not sound defensively & will likely be humiliated by Robben. IMO it will be Robben vs Clichy/Kolarov + Yaya (Barry if needed).

What is important is there will be massive free spaces for Muller-Ribery-Rafinha who should utilize it well. Muller also must play the full match as he not only is a 2nd striker but also can go to RW allowing Robben to move around & play in a "free" role linking with anybody & everybody.

& Yes Robben is definitely our KEY MAN. If he is vintage mode,then 7-8 players can mark him yet 1 one of his long rangers will find the net.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:48 pm

IMO the key to winning this game is Mario Gomez... he HAS to score whatever chances he recieves... We cannot afford missing clear-cut chances... I surely hope he will be totally fit and focused...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Mr.S » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:00 pm

& Gustavo. He has to mark Silva out of the match. Tymo is not going to work. EPL is much faster. Silva is probably one the quickest CAM's in the world. He will outpace Tymo 10 out of 10 times. Gustavo has to step up.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Our CMs and wingers will decide the outcome of this game. Gomez could make the difference, but he's going to be marked very closely and City's CBs are great.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eliasov » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:39 pm

i've watched almost all their matches in the league they have a strong team !! but their weakness is in their fullbacks !! especially now our wingers are in form i think they will suffer a lot !! i hope that Gustavo plays and not tymo we want a fast guy to stop David Silva
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby mcfc-sam » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello Bayern fans, Man City fan here.

Cannot wait for the game on Tuesday, its going to be a great game. I have read lots of opinions regarding the City line up for the game and how we have started the season, the past few games have been wobbily at times i agree but on our day we can put up a great fight.
My starting prediction for City will be:

If going for a full on attack:
------------------Hart-------------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
-------De Jong-------------Yaya-------
Nasri----------Aguero-------------Sliva
-----------------Dzeko------------------

More defensive:
------------------Hart-------------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
------De Jong----Yaya------Barry-----
--------Aguero-------------Sliva-------
-----------------Dzeko------------------

De Jong has been out since our first game and in my opinion he is the key to making out defense work and look great, last year we had one of the best if not the best defense in the Premier League even if we got heavily ctricized for being too defensive.
It is still not certain that he will be playing on Tuesday but i would love it if he did as i think he is the only hope City have to scrape anything out of this game. I have been following Bayern since the draw and so far look unstoppable so as a City fan i am sceptical towards any result however i believe City have the players to go at Bayern and on our day we are hard to beat. The key to breaking Bayern down is stopping your wingers, such great players.. but with Richards and Clichy i have confidence. Anyway i hope for a good game and can't wait to see City in your amazing stadium, i have been dreaming of this for a long time!! :D
mcfc-sam
First post

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League