You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How many points are we going to get from this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:15 pm

3 points
79%
1 point
15%
Zero Points
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2011-09-27] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby CroCHEF » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:17 am

Second goal was NOT offside

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Telecaster » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:22 am

The comments regarding us not having played against a 'top team' are few and far between, though. I mean, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to acknowledge the fact that City have an immense squad with a lot of quality.

All I can say is that I am incredibly happy with the result and the way we played, especially in the second half (although, our turnaround after the first 25 minutes is also notable - just an example of the strength of Bayern's mentality and our ability to adjust the tempo of the match, which is really one of the true marks of a top team). It's incredible to think of where we are now, compared with 6 months or so, during LvG's time at the club. Had we played this game last year, I have no doubt the result would have been different, we may have even lost, as I have no doubt that we would have conceded, given City's performance in the first 25 minutes and the (former) incompetence of our defence.

But thankfully, that has changed and we are finally playing like the world class team that we are. Heynckes has implemented a system that Bayern has been in desperate need of for years. We have finally struck a balance between attack and defence and are now controlling the pitch and are able to shut out our opposition. Also, we are once again threatening from set pieces (as we saw today).

I'm thinking that a home final in the UCL next year is becoming more likely every game we play. We are in the best form that we have been in a long time. And remember, we reached the final in 09/10, even though we had a woeful defence, so imagine the possibilities this season.
Telecaster
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 am

Also my apologies to van Buyten for ever doubting him - apart from one ugly scene in the start of the game, he was brilliant. And a huge threat from set pieces as always.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:08 am

OMG Mancini is firing the players who refused to play? Does that mean Nasri is off too? :mrgreen:

Now, lets sign along...

Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mazen96 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

Couldn't say that yesterday ( Fell Asleep as soon as the whistle blew) but im really proud of the team. We're almost out of the "Hell Month", undefeated and with straight clean sheets apart from the first game. I think we have a real shot at a double this year, if not a treble. :D
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 pm

quaazi wrote:Also my apologies to van Buyten for ever doubting him - apart from one ugly scene in the start of the game, he was brilliant. And a huge threat from set pieces as always.

Well it's always the same story so you don't have to apologize. Bayern München has a tradition of huge, powerful and slow CB's who are strong in the air like van Buyten (or Demichelis before him etc.). These defenders work just fine as long as the defensive midfield already contests the enemy attackers and leaves little space between the lines. Last year there was a lot of space between the lines and suddenly the weaknesses of Daniel van Buyten were woefully obvious.

I still doubt that even the best defensive midfield is able to cover his limitations against more experienced top teams but as long as Gustavo / Schweinsteiger work the Belgian is a valid alternative.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby lau03143 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:they also went so far as to state that bayern are not that good but it was MC players lack of spirit which made them look like that

I know!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Alan McInally who was the co-commentator on Sky Sports was far more diplomatic as he used to play for Bayern, but Clive Tyldsley (I think), was awful, a total moron.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby armbrust » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm

No way that this is the best bayern team in history, that team won the CL 3x in a row, but we could get close to the 99-01 era though.

Only Beckenbauer, Breitner and Muller were good enough to be in the starting 11, so i dissagre.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby walter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

The best signing for this season by a mile IS:

drum rolls...

JUPP HEYNCKES.

He combined LVG possesion football with tactical discipline, tight defending, and a more direct and dynamic approach to goal. I feel, however, that LVG was completely necessary for the team to evolve to this level. Right now we are on par with ManUre, and maybe not too far from Barca.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby AvatarX » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:55 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:they also went so far as to state that bayern are not that good but it was MC players lack of spirit which made them look like that

I know!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Alan McInally who was the co-commentator on Sky Sports was far more diplomatic as he used to play for Bayern, but Clive Tyldsley (I think), was awful, a total moron.

It was the same lack of spirit in their NT which led to that 4-1, not that Germany was great :D
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 pm

walter wrote:The best signing for this season by a mile IS:

drum rolls...

JUPP HEYNCKES.

He combined LVG possesion football with tactical discipline, tight defending, and a more direct and dynamic approach to goal. I feel, however, that LVG was completely necessary for the team to evolve to this level. Right now we are on par with ManUre, and maybe not too far from Barca.

Couldn't agree more.
Heynckes has got bayern playing great in both defence and attack.
For me bayern are the best in the world right now. :D
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:I know that as long as the result is still acheived, it doesn't matter, but I think that although there are a lot of scoring chances, the team is still wasting way too much, and I'm having this sensation that this will eventually come to haunt us.

We will never have a 100% scoring record. Yes, we are missing chances but we are creating a lot and that means increasing pressure on the opponents which might lead to mistakes, as has sometimes happened. I think out scoring record right now is fantastic (31 goals in 12 matches, unless I'm mistaken), even if it can be better.

Element wrote:You played vs City which is not a top team , and you still have to prove your strength vs a Top team

Well, I heard (from a Real Madrid fan) "Right now you (Bayern) are the best in Europe, then us and Barcelona" :D
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Mazen96 wrote:I think we have a real shot at a double this year, if not a treble.

The double should, on paper, be in the bag. No team in Germany is at our level this year, not even if Dortmund start playing like last season. They are ours to lose. Of course, in the Cup just one bad game is all you need to lose it, but, I think the double is almost certainly ours.

Treble? Well, you can never say in the CL. We're definitely up there among the favourites though
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 pm

LOL the most sensible thing a Man City fan said was that "Damn we should have had Hargreaves in our CL squad".

I kinda agree to be honest they lost the battle massively in midfield to Schweini and Gustavo and I think that is the case with all the big EPL Teams

Manure - Fletcher Carrick etc suck
Chelsea - Ramires is ok, Essien WAS a beast, Lampard is washed up
Arsenal - Song is the only good midfielder

I think City with De Jong + Hargreaves would have the strongest central midfield in the EPL they would still struggle vs

Madrid (Sahin, Alonso, Khedira)
Barca ( Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas)
Bayern (Schweinsteiger, Gustavo)

But they wont be that far behind.

Agree? Disagree?
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby walter » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:LOL the most sensible thing a Man City fan said was that "Damn we should have had Hargreaves in our CL squad".

I kinda agree to be honest they lost the battle massively in midfield to Schweini and Gustavo and I think that is the case with all the big EPL Teams

Manure - Fletcher Carrick etc suck
Chelsea - Ramires is ok, Essien WAS a beast, Lampard is washed up
Arsenal - Song is the only good midfielder

I think City with De Jong + Hargreaves would have the strongest central midfield in the EPL they would still struggle vs

Madrid (Sahin, Alonso, Khedira)
Barca ( Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas)
Bayern (Schweinsteiger, Gustavo)

But they wont be that far behind.

Agree? Disagree?

I agree, in the engine room we are only behind Barca. Schweinsteiger is up there with Xavi right now and Gustavo is rapidly becoming a top CM/CDM. Tymo also having a great season so far, so we have depht in that area.

I guess Hargreaves was too much of a liability to have in the CLsquad, but if he is back to his old self he will be important for Man City after the break (that is, if they make it out of the group stage).
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League