You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-09-17] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
82%
It will end in a draw
6%
Manchester City will win
12%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2014-09-17] Bayern Munich vs Manchester City

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:47 pm

DFB Cup next Round, 1 CL game 3 points, 3 BL matches 7 points so Guardiola has every right to do what the **** he wants.
Ottomeister13

Postby rthebest » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Jorge wrote:The goal actually came from a Lahm-Robben combination on the wing once Rafinha was pulled out and Lahm moved to where he rocks. The thing with Rafinha and Bernat is the same as with Lahm: in midfield he is good but nothing more. Rafinha and Bernat on the wings are good but not world class. Lahm on the wing is the best in the world, add to that his pairing with Robben who generates space for him to overlap and you have a killing weapon; same on the left wing: Alaba-Ribery will own any defensive setting that faces them, once you start moving players around it becomes speculation, our 2 wing combo formulas was a tested and refined product already in place.
And this is what Guardiola and Low got wrong with Lahm; but it is Pep's nature, he likes to experiment and make a project "his own", fans like us, we need to swallow it and live with it but myself I waste no time in airing my frustration that we can be much better if we keep our wings intact and work on some other areas that were not as perfect.

There is no argue about Lahm being the best and Alaba being one the best full/wing back in the world. But when you are missing practically all of your experienced, tested and world class CM/CDM's you have not other option but to use Lahm and Alaba in midfield and use your good but not best options in wings.
I am not big fan of Rafinha but he plays with passion and gives everything that he could. Bernart , so far all I have seen is a hard working team player. he still needs more time to adjust.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby JANCKER » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Lahm is the best RB in the world, Alaba is the best LB in the world. How many times have I heard that argument already... I'm bored, kill me. Even Mou had to stick his nose into that.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Jorge » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:28 am

rthebest wrote:There is no argue about Lahm being the best and Alaba being one the best full/wing back in the world. But when you are missing practically all of your experienced, tested and world class CM/CDM's you have not other option but to use Lahm and Alaba in midfield and use your good but not best options in wings.

This statement is incorrect. Throughout last season Pep left some of our top players on the bench to play Lahm as CDM. We debated this extensively in the forum, this move opened the wing for Rafinha while it created a rippling effect in the rest of the line-up.

Same with Joachim Loew, he played a weak Mustafi as RB to play Lahm in midfield in the WC, for Germany it was the opposite: the NT did not have any decent RB while it had better options than Lahm in midfield, at the end thanks to Mustafi's injury Lahm was moved back to where he is effective.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:42 am

Also Schweinsteiger and Khedira recovered from injury. So it was kind of the same thing.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:51 am

Lahm and Alaba in the midfield? Not the problem. You know what's the problem? Lewandowski. We had 21 shots out of 7 of City's. 18 chances created more than 7 of City's. So why are we blaming the personnel choice in midfield when clearly the finishing is the one that has been lacking so far in this season? The chances are there, tons of it. And we are failing to finish it. Will Lahm and Alaba in their proper position fix the finishing problem? Don't think so. Putting Shaqiri on would solve it? No, we'd even waste more chances. Most notable times we scored? When Ribery and Robben was subbed in and when Robben was still playing.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby endrity » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:47 am

JANCKER wrote:Lahm is the best RB in the world, Alaba is the best LB in the world. How many times have I heard that argument already... I'm bored, kill me. Even Mou had to stick his nose into that.

You know what would make people shut up? Some convincing performances with these ideas! But I have yet to see any in the last 9 months, and that's why people are a bit annoyed, rightfully so.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:29 am

Now i know why Endrity is crancky!!! He is having a baby, hence the negativity over the last 9 months he talks about all the time :D

Anyway, its quite easy to pick on Lewa for missing chances. That we had 21 chances against City, doesnt mean he is the one who missed 21 times. Atleast that is the impression i get when i read your part Runaway. Lewandowski had to fall back all the time to midfield to even get a ball, the one who missed most was Muller tbh.. But still i can't complain, aslong as we win the games, for my part every 93rd minute the 1-0 goal i couldnt care less, i start complaining when we don't win because of wasted chances.
Ottomeister13

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:51 am

So much negativity on a Bayern forum after a deserved win with so many injured players.

I can't even imagine what's going on at Manchester City forums after they failed to produce more than a couple of half-chances to score in a "now-or-never" match against FC Bayern's B team.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:19 am

They only about the penalty on silva. And that they "totally deserved a point".

Delusional
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 am

Tedesco wrote:They only about the penalty on silva. And that they "totally deserved a point".

Delusional

Funny that they should complain about Benatia, the player who, a few minutes before clashing with Silva, was himself visibly held and pulled by Sagna as he tried to head a ball aim towards his head from a corner kick. And that beside Hart's soft-but-critical touch on Mueller after 38 seconds, two separate handballs in the Man City area and other dubious cases.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:47 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Anyway, its quite easy to pick on Lewa for missing chances. That we had 21 chances against City, doesnt mean he is the one who missed 21 times. Atleast that is the impression i get when i read your part Runaway.

My point was it's not the midfield or the full backs that are a miss on this game. We clearly stopped City's attack enough to triple our chances of scoring. What's becoming silly at this point is that midfield and full backs are the ones continually scrutinized when it wasn't the problem but the lack of finishing. The defense and midfield did their job and the chances are there. Whether it's Mueller or Lewandowski, they could have done better. Would Alaba and Lahm as full backs would have suddenly turn the forwards' scoring boots on?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 am

^ seems like you guys are missing a certain someone.

Spoiler: show
Super Mario "El Torero" Gomez Garcia

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:37 am

MUTU wrote:^ seems like you guys are missing a certain someone.
[spoiler]Super Mario "El Torero" Gomez Garcia

Bad timing mate. Endrity is dutch; stop guessing.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:47 pm

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:^ seems like you guys are missing a certain someone.
[spoiler]Super Mario "El Torero" Gomez Garcia

Bad timing mate. Endrity is dutch; stop guessing.

I really don't get what you're trying to tell me :|
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League