You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 mins
97%
It will end in a 0-0 draw
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Bayern will win in ET
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Bayern will win on penalties
2%
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Man Utd will win on penalties
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Man Utd will win in ET
2%
It will end in a draw with both teams scoring 2+ goals
No votes
Manchester United will win inside 90 mins
No votes

Total votes : 63

Re: [2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:57 pm

MUTU wrote:Bayern is the wounded lion now, I like that, I like that a lot. They'll come out all guns blazing.

I am also looking at it this way. Hopefully they will turn a defeat into a positive thing like they did on all 3 occasions last season.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Borusse wrote:
smaw2010 wrote:
Borusse wrote:Never said anything like that. Just stated a fact United won their game easily and you lost yours. You played a weaker opponent (I think) and you had players like Neuer, Martinez, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Shaqiri and Mandzukic on the pitch. Also Gotze, Alaba and Muller came on quite early to help.

Just saying this game against United won't be easy for you and should be very interesting.

If you really think that a team with good players makes a good team, then I think you should watch more soccer. Martinez is never a good CB. Yes, there is Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Shaqiri and Mandzukic, but if they already have problems in their back half, how can they attack smoothly? Hojberg has never played this year before, Ribs and Robben are missing and they usually pass to Mandzukic. It's like an American football team, without a good quarterback, the offense won't be smooth.

Again, didnt say ANYTHING like that. YOU started a discussion about players United had on the field and which you had on the field and now you're using it as an argument against me, lol. :D

JUST SAYING United WON their game smoothly and you LOST your game. Thats all, no need to go into details. United will be confident and we don't know how Bayern will react.

Um, my first question was "Did Man U field rookies?" and you still didn't answer it. Yes you said Man U had bench players and Bayern had bench players too, but you think that they are the same? You listed out some of the Bayern good players, I just want to say to you that good players does not equal to a good team. Fielding good players does not equal to a good team. And why isn't Bayern confident? Alaba, Gotze, Muller had an easy workout on the field. Manzukic and Kroos are the only ones that are tired. Boateng, Dante, Ribery, Robben, Lahm, Rafinha didn't even play, it won't affect their confidence
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:03 pm

So now that Manchester United learned how to win away matches, can we hope that they leave their bus in the parking lot? :mrgreen:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dalv » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:07 pm

De Gea was rested with newcastle?
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Dalv wrote:De Gea was rested with newcastle?

It doesn't really matter, he is not world class anyways.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Borusse » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Right smaw, but notice that you didnt play great against United either. You're just not at your best at the moment and you need to accept that (wrote the same thing in the other thread). Thats why I think this game will be very difficult for you, United are confident and your team might be a little bit irritated. You're still clear favourites though.

De Gea is world class when he wants to be.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:17 pm

Borusse wrote:Right smaw, but notice that you didnt play great against United either. You're just not at your best at the moment and you need to accept that (wrote the same thing in the other thread). Thats why I think this game will be very difficult for you, United are confident and your team might be a little bit irritated. You're still clear favourites though.

De Gea is world class when he wants to be.

I'm accepting that Bayern played bad with a B squad, but notice that this is a "B" squad, I would not read anything into this game. The game will be difficult for Bayern, but there are two things that make it easier than the first leg. 1. No wet pitch in the box. 2. UTD will attack and Bayern normally only struggles against buses. Btw, "De Gea is world class when he wants to be" could be applied to every player in Bayern, it does not really make sense.Rafinha is world class when he wants to be, Boateng is world class when he wants to be.....
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bounce wit me » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 pm

smaw2010 wrote:
Dalv wrote:De Gea was rested with newcastle?

It doesn't really matter, he is not world class anyways.
Yes, he very clearly is.
bounce wit me
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Borusse wrote:De Gea is world class when he wants to be.

He must have very low ambitions then because it seems he doesn't want to be world class every match. Only sometimes.

He'll say: hmmm, ok this match I'll be world class. Then the next he'll say ... nah, I don't want to save this shot.

Something like that? :P
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:26 pm

MUTU wrote:So now that Manchester United learned how to win away matches, can we hope that they leave their bus in the parking lot?

They've been winning away matches for a long time in the EPL. In the CL though, they have only beaten Leverkusen away from home.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:27 pm

No, not like that. Its just a saying. De Gea is a great keeper and because United were poor this season he also didnt look great. But he has the potential to be one of the best and lately he's been in good form.

smaw - what about first leg against United, you didnt play well there either. You played your best eleven...

Also, why do you think United will attack? They will sit back as they did in the first leg, they dont have a huge disadvantage, they just need to score once. They will sit back for the first hour and try counterattacking. Only if it fails they will start attacking, probably after an hour.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:31 pm

^ I know De Gea is a class keeper, don't worry :) But that saying is still funny and weird, it's like implying that sometimes he purposely doesn't play well.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:34 pm

Borusse wrote:No, not like that. Its just a saying. De Gea is a great keeper and because United were poor this season he also didnt look great. But he has the potential to be one of the best and lately he's been in good form.

smaw - what about first leg against United, you didnt play well there either. You played your best eleven...

Also, why do you think United will attack? They will sit back as they did in the first leg, they dont have a huge disadvantage, they just need to score once. They will sit back for the first hour and try counterattacking. Only if it fails they will start attacking, probably after an hour.

Bayern played average in the first leg with bad pitch and a team that parks the bus, I'll give them a pass. Man utd will surely attack, why would they decrease their time to get a goal. And you are writing 'they just need to score once', you are saying it's like scoring once on. Bayern is pretty easy. Also, Dante is back, it will make it a lot harder. With Rooney just returning from injury, it's not that easy to score a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:37 pm

Just a quick question, when was the last time FC Bayern was eliminated by an English club? I'm not talking about losing in finals and on neutral turf, but pure elimination in a 2-legged affair.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:39 pm

MUTU wrote:Just a quick question, when was the last time FC Bayern was eliminated by an English club? I'm not talking about losing in finals and on neutral turf, but pure elimination in a 2-legged affair.

Found the answer. It was 2005 vs Chelsea, just after Bayern had eliminated Arsenal.

Since that Chelsea match though, Bayern have eliminated Man Utd and Arsenal twice.

Haha. Poor Arsenal, they've been eliminated by Bayern 3 times out of the last 4 times that Bayern eliminated an English club.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League