You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 mins
97%
It will end in a 0-0 draw
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Bayern will win in ET
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Bayern will win on penalties
2%
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Man Utd will win on penalties
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Man Utd will win in ET
2%
It will end in a draw with both teams scoring 2+ goals
No votes
Manchester United will win inside 90 mins
No votes

Total votes : 63

Re: [2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Postby Grimnir » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:50 pm

MUTU wrote:My match ratings for yesterday:

Neuer - n/a (didn't have much to do)
Alaba - 6.5 (relatively quiet match)
Dante - 6.5 (not much to do)
Boateng - 6 (lucky that opponent was offside or would have conceded a penalty @ 30' and gotten sent off)
Lahm - 8 (very good match from our captain)
Kroos - 7 (out of position and on top of that found himself mostly defending against the opponents' strikers)
Ribery - 7.5 (quiet first half, good second half, great assist for Dilkos)
Goetze - 6 (poor, but at least his run and pass to Ribery led to Bayern's first goal)
Mueller - 7.5 (good match, weird goal)
Robben - 9.5 (he ran, and he ran, and he ran, and he ran... such a big game player!)
Mandzukic - 7.5 (showed more defensively than offensively until he scored the 2nd most important goal of his career. Would have been a totally different game had he missed)

---

Rafinha - 7 (we played better after he came on)
Pizarro - n/a

Personally, I would give Dante and Boateng a bit more credit. Maybe its because of the extreme insecurity I feel every time Martinez plays as CB for us and considering that he was so often caught out in the first leg and his lack of pace getting the better of him. It was nice to see Dante pretty much always a couple of steps ahead of United it otherwise potential break situations. Even if our defense still isn't top class, I still thought we looked more secure in the middle thanks to the two of them than the first leg.
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Grimnir wrote:Personally, I would give Dante and Boateng a bit more credit.

I would have had, but to be honest they didn't have much to do. For the same reason I refused to even give Neuer a rating, despite that he expertly handled a couple of corners.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Grimnir wrote:Even if our defense still isn't top class, I still thought we looked more secure in the middle thanks to the two of them than the first leg.

Our defence was shaky at times but we had a good offside trap. Or maybe it was just luck. :P

At one point I thought to myself "They think Martinez is still there to keep them onside". :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:
MUTU wrote:Dante - 6.5 (not much to do)
Boateng - 6 (lucky that opponent was offside or would have conceded a penalty @ 30' and gotten sent off)

That's a little harsh considering Boateng had a lot to do yesterday and was rock solid...definitely a better performance than Gotze. That hand ball would have been incredibly unlucky, and almost never a red card either (Alaba got a yellow for a hand ball exactly like this against Real 2 years ago).

If I recall correctly, Alaba lost balance and fell over whereas Boateng did a purposeful slide and used his hands, while stopping a pass that would have been very dangerous. I remain of the opinion that he would have gotten red.

Used his hand for what? They both stopped the ball with their hands in an almost identical way, both times the ball going towards the middle of the box and not the goal. I don't see what rule would justify giving a red for either. Boateng really had no way of stopping that hand ball, you can't expect him to do a sliding tackle without his hands being in that position.

Boateng has been unconvincing on a few occasions lately, but not this time in my opinion.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Apparently Robben told Ribery he used his right foot :lol:

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Extended highlights:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:35 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby banter23 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:Juventus 2 goals in two matches and enormous energy presented in K.O. phase after Arsenal. Now that's priceless.

More myths. 2 goals? Were you drunk and seeing double? :P :P :P Just kidding :cheers:

But seriously, he scored 1 goal vs Juventus. And it was with 26 minutes left on the watch in the 2nd leg and the aggregate score already 2-0. Only useful for coefficient points.

Also, since he played in both matches vs Juve, you can't compare how we would have fared if he didn't play. But based on the other 5 matches, it doesn't look good for Dilkos

As for the final, he played. Then he came off, Gomez came on, and Bayern won the Champions League :lol: :lol:
Seriously, again, there is nothing to compare with. There are only 5 matches we can compare with (i.e. Mandzu played in one but didn't play in the other), and we consistently did better when he did not play.

Now I don't want to listen to "but he scored vs team x". Too bad that we can't compare. Better try to give excuses as to why Bayern did better without Mandzukic, eg the opponents had injuries or something like that. Or maybe use the coincedence. After all, I admit, the sample size is a bit small (10 matches). But still, in those 5 matches we played without Mandzukic we had 4x the goal difference than the same 5 matches against the same opponent where Mandzukic played.

I am not a Mutu fan but how can you argue with this on him? Statistically he is very keen.
banter23
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby johndear » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:00 am

banter23 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:Juventus 2 goals in two matches and enormous energy presented in K.O. phase after Arsenal. Now that's priceless.

More myths. 2 goals? Were you drunk and seeing double? :P :P :P Just kidding :cheers:

But seriously, he scored 1 goal vs Juventus. And it was with 26 minutes left on the watch in the 2nd leg and the aggregate score already 2-0. Only useful for coefficient points.

Also, since he played in both matches vs Juve, you can't compare how we would have fared if he didn't play. But based on the other 5 matches, it doesn't look good for Dilkos

As for the final, he played. Then he came off, Gomez came on, and Bayern won the Champions League :lol: :lol:
Seriously, again, there is nothing to compare with. There are only 5 matches we can compare with (i.e. Mandzu played in one but didn't play in the other), and we consistently did better when he did not play.

Now I don't want to listen to "but he scored vs team x". Too bad that we can't compare. Better try to give excuses as to why Bayern did better without Mandzukic, eg the opponents had injuries or something like that. Or maybe use the coincedence. After all, I admit, the sample size is a bit small (10 matches). But still, in those 5 matches we played without Mandzukic we had 4x the goal difference than the same 5 matches against the same opponent where Mandzukic played.

I am not a Mutu fan but how can you argue with this on him? Statistically he is very keen.

Manduz came on and save our butt a lot of times and scoring in QF and Final of CL that's all we need right now WINNING!!!! [-o<
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:19 am

banter23 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Not only that, but he also has a great sense of humor. Especially on the Gomez@final part :-)

Probably not even Gomez remembers that he played in the final for those few minutes :-P
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AdepT » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:27 am

Statistics are a part of measurement, they are not the complete picture.
There are things beyond that aspect that influence a game.

We probably have more than 10 occurrences of the same debate in different threads. :P
Mandzukic's complete thread is about this. Maybe someone can compile it into a 'Never Ending Debate' thread.

As mentioned earlier, leave this debate. :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 am

MUTU wrote:Apparently Robben told Ribery he used his right foot :lol:

Robben talked about that to Spox
He said that he wanted to Show SCHWEINSTEIGER that he crossed it with his right ,but couldnt find him in the arena

Reason is that schweinsteiger keeps joking about robbens right foot and that He was actually practicing right foot crosses before the match
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 am

Element wrote:Reason is that schweinsteiger keeps joking about robbens right foot and that He was actually practicing right foot crosses before the match

Good for him!! =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Nice Robben! =D>
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby walter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:36 pm

:pep: says: "Lahm, you are the best fullback in the world but Bayern cannot perform if you are not playing in central midfield; my brilliant solution is: YOU PLAY BOTH POSITIONS AT THE SAME TIME!"

:mrgreen:

:pep:

:sammerlook:
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League