You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 mins
97%
It will end in a 0-0 draw
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Bayern will win in ET
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Bayern will win on penalties
2%
It will end in a 1-1 draw AET but Man Utd will win on penalties
No votes
It will end in a 1-1 draw after 90 mins but Man Utd will win in ET
2%
It will end in a draw with both teams scoring 2+ goals
No votes
Manchester United will win inside 90 mins
No votes

Total votes : 63

Re: [2014-04-09] Bayern Munich vs Man Utd

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 am

Juventus 2 goals in two matches and enormous energy presented in K.O. phase after Arsenal. Now that's priceless.

There is also a goal scored in the final against Dortmund. When is the most needed, Đilkoš is there to give his best. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AdepT » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:04 am

Can we leave this?
I know he's not that efficient in CL.

We just won. :D
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:07 am

FCB general wrote:Juventus 2 goals in two matches and enormous energy presented in K.O. phase after Arsenal. Now that's priceless.

More myths. 2 goals? Were you drunk and seeing double? :P :P :P Just kidding :cheers:

But seriously, he scored 1 goal vs Juventus. And it was with 26 minutes left on the watch in the 2nd leg and the aggregate score already 2-0. Only useful for coefficient points.

Also, since he played in both matches vs Juve, you can't compare how we would have fared if he didn't play. But based on the other 5 matches, it doesn't look good for Dilkos

As for the final, he played. Then he came off, Gomez came on, and Bayern won the Champions League :lol: :lol:
Seriously, again, there is nothing to compare with. There are only 5 matches we can compare with (i.e. Mandzu played in one but didn't play in the other), and we consistently did better when he did not play.

Now I don't want to listen to "but he scored vs team x". Too bad that we can't compare. Better try to give excuses as to why Bayern did better without Mandzukic, eg the opponents had injuries or something like that. Or maybe use the coincedence. After all, I admit, the sample size is a bit small (10 matches). But still, in those 5 matches we played without Mandzukic we had 4x the goal difference than the same 5 matches against the same opponent where Mandzukic played.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 am

AdepT wrote:I know he's not that efficient in CL.

That would be OK if there's evidence we're scoring more thanks to his assists, or conceding less thanks to his defensive work. Because it would mean that the team is still better.

But when you actually look at the results, they tell a totally different story since we scored 50% less goals and conceded 50% more when he played. The goal difference is 4 times as much.

AdepT wrote:Can we leave this?

OK, you're right. I'll leave it for today because it's a happy moment. I won't write anymore about it unless someone provokes me into an answer
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:58 am

MUTU wrote:More myths. 2 goals? Were you drunk and seeing double? :P :P :P Just kidding :cheers:

Tnx for the compliment :lol: , but I can't recall when was the last time I got drunk. I'm a nice one, know to balance and be moderate with beer and wine in the last 2 years. 8)

MUTU wrote:But seriously, he scored 1 goal vs Juventus. And it was with 26 minutes left on the watch in the 2nd leg and the aggregate score already 2-0. Only useful for coefficient points.

I was just trollin'. :wink:

MUTU wrote:Also, since he played in both matches vs Juve, you can't compare how we would have fared if he didn't play. But based on the other 5 matches, it doesn't look good for Dilkos

As for the final, he played. Then he came off, Gomez came on, and Bayern won the Champions League :lol: :lol:
Seriously, again, there is nothing to compare with. There are only 5 matches we can compare with (i.e. Mandzu played in one but didn't play in the other), and we consistently did better when he did not play.

:lol:

I've noticed the same comments from some "neutral" Juventus fans from Croatia. They have told the same thing what you're saying now to me. I'm aware of all you mentioned, but his contribution is huge and not quite necessarily with scoring goals.

We did have Gomez in 2012, but then we had seen and after that concluded how he alone wasn't enough with one Olić and Petersen who weren't that serious players for big things and we took back Pizarro and bought Mandžukić.

Then everything fit perfect in Bayern.

MUTU wrote:Now I don't want to listen to "but he scored vs team x". Too bad that we can't compare. Better try to give excuses as to why Bayern did better without Mandzukic, eg the opponents had injuries or something like that. Or maybe use the coincedence. After all, I admit, the sample size is a bit small (10 matches). But still, in those 5 matches we played without Mandzukic we had 4x the goal difference than the same 5 matches against the same opponent where Mandzukic played.

Well... I don't think about excuses. Mandužić is not Il Fenomeno who can carry on this club alone.

BATE is an example of Bayern's constant bad performance with Russian clubs. City is a clear example what's gonna happen if you underestimate your opponent and end the match before the ref's whistle.

Entire group games besides Lille(which was the best, perfect match in the last 2 years from this Jupp/Pepe Bayern) weren't that convincing. Overall rating was an average one. The team started to play great after the home game 0:2 against Arsenal.

You/we can ask yourself/ourselves why is that, but it can't be all black and white in Mandžo' case.

In this quarterfinal and this season, Guardiola can be very thankful to Mandužić' goals and performances.

I have read today that Guardiola praised Mandžukić after the match and said how amazing player he is.

Yes, indeed coach. That's why you shall use both Lewy and Mandžo in the next season.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 pm

My match ratings for yesterday:

Neuer - n/a (didn't have much to do)
Alaba - 6.5 (relatively quiet match)
Dante - 6.5 (not much to do)
Boateng - 6 (lucky that opponent was offside or would have conceded a penalty @ 30' and gotten sent off)
Lahm - 8 (very good match from our captain)
Kroos - 7 (out of position and on top of that found himself mostly defending against the opponents' strikers)
Ribery - 7.5 (quiet first half, good second half, great assist for Dilkos)
Goetze - 6 (poor, but at least his run and pass to Ribery led to Bayern's first goal)
Mueller - 7.5 (good match, weird goal)
Robben - 9.5 (he ran, and he ran, and he ran, and he ran... such a big game player!)
Mandzukic - 7.5 (showed more defensively than offensively until he scored the 2nd most important goal of his career. Would have been a totally different game had he missed)

---

Rafinha - 7 (we played better after he came on)
Pizarro - n/a
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:30 pm

MatZam wrote:I didn't see it on tvm2 last night as I was out... but according to my parents the commentary was quite biased and at one point the commentators said that the game was practically over and there were 20 minutes left on the clock.

I recall they said the tie was over as soon as Bayern scored the third goal.

Admittedly I also said that. ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 pm

MUTU wrote:Dante - 6.5 (not much to do)
Boateng - 6 (lucky that opponent was offside or would have conceded a penalty @ 30' and gotten sent off)

That's a little harsh considering Boateng had a lot to do yesterday and was rock solid...definitely a better performance than Gotze. That hand ball would have been incredibly unlucky, and almost never a red card either (Alaba got a yellow for a hand ball exactly like this against Real 2 years ago).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:05 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MatZam wrote:I didn't see it on tvm2 last night as I was out... but according to my parents the commentary was quite biased and at one point the commentators said that the game was practically over and there were 20 minutes left on the clock.

I recall they said the tie was over as soon as Bayern scored the third goal.

Admittedly I also said that. ;)

Me too. I see nothing wrong with it. Heck, reading our chat logs, I noticed some of you guys said it's over when Evra scored :lol:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Me too. I see nothing wrong with it. Heck, reading our chat logs, I noticed some of you guys said it's over when Evra scored

I just love this part:

[21:59:56] <FCBayernMunchen> omg...
[22:00:00] <FCBayernMunchen> what the hell were they doing
[22:00:10] <FCBayernMunchen> i knew before the shot
[22:00:12] <Dalv> lahm ffs why dont you stand still
[22:00:15] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
[22:00:16] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
[22:00:17] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

I also love how I spoiled everyone with every goal of the game. :lol:

P.S. That "GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL" had been copied since before the game, that's how I posted it three times in two seconds. I also did it for the second goal. I think I only wrote one for the third though. :)

EDIT: Also love this one:

[22:09:02] <jonathan.tes> i can smell a goal
[22:09:05] <shindouhikaru888> no
[22:09:12] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
[22:09:13] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
[22:09:13] <jonathan.tes> goaaaaaaaaaal
[22:09:14] <FCBayernMunchen> GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL
[22:09:16] <jonathan.tes> goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
[22:09:18] <jonathan.tes> goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Jonathan's sense of smell =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby alfonso » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:14 pm

Bayern definitely needs to step up his game, otherwise the CL-Semi is the end of our journey.
Poor 60 mins, the Evra goal and all of the sudden the equalizer with United not parking the bus anymore, which is the only thing, you can accuse United of, having not returned to the old strategy again.
On the other side, Bayern showed good character. Absolutely deserved win.
alfonso
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:15 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:
MUTU wrote:Dante - 6.5 (not much to do)

That's a little harsh considering Boateng had a lot to do yesterday and was rock solid...definitely a better performance than Gotze. That hand ball would have been incredibly unlucky, and almost never a red card either (Alaba got a yellow for a hand ball exactly like this against Real 2 years ago).

If I recall correctly, Alaba lost balance and fell over whereas Boateng did a purposeful slide and used his hands, while stopping a pass that would have been very dangerous. I remain of the opinion that he would have gotten red.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Mueller - 7.5 (good match, weird goal)

I'm sure you meant "typical" (for Muller that is...).
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby banter23 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:41 pm

sterndessudens wrote:Does anyone know what time when David Moyes got his balls knocked hard by the ball?

Haha what is the relevance of this question?
banter23
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:49 pm

banter23 wrote:
sterndessudens wrote:Does anyone know what time when David Moyes got his balls knocked hard by the ball?

Haha what is the relevance of this question?

Guess to do a GIF or something. It was in his stomach. Vidic was the one taking it to the balls from a Mandzu shot.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League