You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Bayern Munich will win
29%
It will end in a draw
41%
Lyon will win
29%

Total votes : 17

[2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Our first big test in the Champions League. Lyon are certainly no pushovers. Their captain Juninho Pernambucano is a major doubt for the match after suffering a groin injury. Fabio Grosso will however return from injury.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Well, Juninho is the most dangerous and if he's going to miss the match, that's good news!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:20 pm

mackoy wrote:Well, Juninho is the most dangerous and if he's going to miss the match, that's good news!

You forgot about Benzema ?!
He's their best and most important player , if Lucio/Micho manage to deal with him successfully over the 90 minutes things will be easier for us .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simunism » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:55 am

No Votes for Lyon will win haahha that's good! I hope so ! Btw does anyone have the list of the channels that will cover the game?
Simunism
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:07 pm

With todays performance we won`t win, but I voted, that we will. Schweini will be back. Ze Roberto. Lucio. Hope that Lell is fine. We HAVE to keep Benzema quiet. Toni have to at least 1 of 3 chances. My starting line-up- Rensing-Oddo, Lucio, Michi, Lahm-Schweini, Ottl, Ze Roberto, Ribery- Toni, Poldi. Boro is only good when he came on from bench. Ribery have to start this game from first minute, if he can. GO BAYERN

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby thulkazal » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:31 pm

I did hope Bommel could give us some CL exp,but after few games i find him USELESS!!!

Ottl need to be starter if he dont be,with Bommel we will make another lame performance ... lose or draw

--------------------rensing----------------------
--------------------------------------------------
lahm----------lucio-----demichelis-------oddo
---------------------ottl--------------------------
---------------------------------------------------
ribery-------------ze roberto-----------bastian
---------------------------------------------------
-----------toni------------------klose-----------

get on half time borowski for ze roberto and keep switching place between ribery-ze roberto-bastian
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Obviously it would be a major blow for Lyon if they have to deal with the absence of Juninho , and an advantage for us .
Its also now the time for Klinsi to show if he has what it takes to be successful as a coach at club level too .
A very hard match to predict , but I think the outcome is gonna depend on how Lucio/Micho deal with Benzema and if Ribery/Toni
can start recovering their great form of last season .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:01 pm

MrLinky wrote:Obviously it would be a major blow for Lyon if they have to deal with the absence of Juninho , and an advantage for us .
Its also now the time for Klinsi to show if he has what it takes to be successful as a coach at club level too .
A very hard match to predict , but I think the outcome is gonna depend on how Lucio/Micho deal with Benzema and if Ribery/Toni
can start recovering their great form of last season .

Ribery-Toni is deadly tandem for any defense on the world. Just Like Benzema-Juninho. Keita for lyon will play? He`s one of my favorite players outside Bayern... :roll:

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 am

Well the news of 5-2 against Bremen and the loss to Hannover didn't really disturb me. I mean, hey, we've got 20 BLs! BUT IF WE LOSE TO LYON I'M GONNA KICK KLINSMANN'S A** OUT OF MUNICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, now that I got that out of my system, let's get down to business. First of all, what MUTU said was absolutely right. Lyon has never been defeated this year. They have 3 dangerous players: Grosso, Benzema, and most importantly, Juninho. Juninho is maybe the world's greatest free kick taker of all time. (sounds pretty scary when you remember the Hannover goal). His passes and assists, and set pieces are accurate and effective. So his absence is great news, that is, if it were true! The thing is, when I hear the news of Juninho's absence, I remember the news of Ballack's absence in the EURO finals. Imo I think this is just a pure Lyon lie to lower our guard! I think Juninho is playing! I think he's gonna shoot that free kick, and I'm sure Rensing will catch that ball!

As for Bayern, we should use a 4-4-2, because it's currently the formation that fits us best, and the players are adapted to it. The 3-5-2, and my personal favorite, the 3-6-1, should only be experimented in the BL, not the CL! And MVB should be playing (he was rested in the Hannover game, so I'm sure he'll play) because he has experience. So here it goes: Rensing- Oddo, Demicheles, Lucio, Lahm- Ribery, MVB (Ottl), Ze Roberto (Shweini), Borowski (Kroos)- Toni, Klose (Podolski). I hope we win, cause I'm really starting to lose faith in Klinsmann!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby shwas55 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:46 am

Well after the way we have been playing its very hard to see us winning this game, i hope im wrong though. [-o<
I hope klinsi doesnt have a brain freeze and play with 3-5-2 cuz we will get crushed on the counter attack, lets stick to what the team knows best the 4-4-2, lyon is a very quick team and as good as Lucio and micho are, they are not the fastest defenders in the world.

Van bommel should be off the park, he is unmotivated, and stupid. I refuse to say he is out of form because he is an average player to begin with.

Im very worried about this game, before the season i would have put money on this game but with the way we have been playing, lets hope this is not another Bremen game, as we should we cant deal with the attacking and creative teams.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:33 am

Today I read, that OL game could be last for Klinsi, If we will reach another shameful result, he could be fired. :( Hope Van Bommel won`t play. Tomorrow we have to play 4-4-2 formation, with Rensing- Oddo, Lucio, Micho, Lahm- Schweini, Ottl, Ze Roberto, Ribery- Poldi, Toni. I don`t think that Klose will score against team like Lyon. He can be great substation. If we will lead at ~70 min, we can put MvB on the field, but If we are down at 70 min, we could put Klose, BOROWSKI and maybe Kroos.

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:36 am

reiniksrobis wrote:Today I read, that OL game could be last for Klinsi, If we will reach another shameful result, he could be fired.

I refuse to believe this. I don't think he'd be fired even if we lose 4-0.

Raphael Sanzio wrote:I think Juninho is playing! I think he's gonna shoot that free kick, and I'm sure Rensing will catch that ball!

Juninho has returned to training today which means that he'll be playing. But if Van Bommel plays, I think Rensing would need to worry about more than one freekick #-o
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:57 am

And MVB should be playing (he was rested in the Hannover game, so I'm sure he'll play) because he has experience.

MVB played the whole 90 minutes!

Today I read, that OL game could be last for Klinsi, If we will reach another shameful result, he could be fired.

Where did you read this nonsense?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

[quote="mackoy"]
MVB played the whole 90 minutes!

Yea right, sorry about that, I didn't see the match but I heard from a friend he was benched. But you're right!

Personally I don't wanna see Klinsmann sacked so soon. A few months ago we were all very excited about Klinsmann's arrival! Now we want him sacked?! Imo I think when you choose a coach, you have to see his contract to the end, unless he's really stinky, otherwise changing coach at this time would only confuse us. Whaddayathnk?!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
reiniksrobis wrote:Today I read, that OL game could be last for Klinsi, If we will reach another shameful result, he could be fired.

I refuse to believe this. I don't think he'd be fired even if we lose 4-0.

No way ! He's gonna be the coach until the winter break no matter what happens , of course as long as we're not at the end of the table
on a relegation place , which isnt gonna happen .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League