You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Bayern Munich will win
29%
It will end in a draw
41%
Lyon will win
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Postby shwas55 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:24 pm

We all forgetting that borowski can play as CDM lets use him only till january where we can buy a world class DM.
Van bommel shouldnt play any more games for bayern unless half the team is injured and we offload him in january on team like celtic or rangers or PSV or somthin like that,.

We sell Van bommel, van butyn, and sosa in the winter get 10 to 15 mil for the lot and spend the money on a DM, and then get what ever we got for Jensen (7mil) add another 10 to 15 mil on top of it and go for AM. i wish we went for Muntari my fingers bled in the summer typing please lets get muntari he is good and not as expensive but we didnt even try and Inter picked him up. Uli has put the team in a bad situation here because if we are gonna pick world class players in the winter most likely they wont be able to play in the CL for us assuming the majority of the world class players are playing with other teams in the C.L we should have done all the signing in the summer, but i guess late is better than never.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:25 pm

Borowski can play as CDM only if you pair him with a similar player in a 4-4-2, like what Jogi Löw does with Frings-Hitzlsperger/Rolfes. He can be a good ball distributer but his tackling capabilities will be limited if you place him alone in front of the defense.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:16 pm

We should have gone for Ozil when we had a chance. I actually wrote about this when he decided not to extend his contract with Schalke. He would've been a real bargain. He just got named player of the month and has been impressive. However, I still think our priority is a CDM and not so much an AM--but since Arshavin is still the most talked about player in this forum...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:25 am

walter wrote:We should have gone for Ozil when we had a chance. I actually wrote about this when he decided not to extend his contract with Schalke. He would've been a real bargain. He just got named player of the month and has been impressive.

...and then what ?
He would have played on the left instead of Ribery or on the right instead of Schweini ?
He's a good player no doubt but not good enough to help Bayern significantly , he would have ended up on the bench just like Kroos
not getting the playing time to develop .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League