You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Bayern Munich will win
29%
It will end in a draw
41%
Lyon will win
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Postby Nazar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 pm

The team can't seem to play one touch football. without that we're too predictable.
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:25 pm

our strikers lok very isolated. Their relative immobility is very evident.
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Nazar » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:34 pm

I think kilinsmann should bring on podolski forone of our strikers. shweisteiger should get involved in play more, he's been invisible. On the other hand, Breno has performed well enough. He gave away a ffew early free kicks but seem to have gianed his foting now.
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:26 pm

Bayern looks very good, we have many moments and thats good. Klose is not bad. Ribery was good. and Breno... Yes, he will be next superstar...

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 pm

that was good not perfect but good, we controlled the match klose didnt get that penalty in the first half, they hardly threatened, their goal was from a deflection,
Breno was good, the midfield was so much better than the last game (no VB), i though klose's second half was very good he is a very creative player, toni missed alot of chances he should've scored at least one of those, im not sure what to make of Demi's match, he was good although he gave the ball away few times but still much better than VB. oddo's crosses were all over the place he didnt hit a striker once.

Klinsi did a good job but he should have brought podolski on for toni in the last 30 mins cuz toni just missed alot.

we didnt get the 3 points but i think we should be happy with the performance considering the way we have been playing lately.

all in all 7.5/10
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 pm

breno maded nice game

btw with demichelis we LOOK so much better in defend and pressing the enemy

anyway 1:1 is nice result we could win but we could lose too... after all good
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:02 pm

A decent match we should have won , we were in control of the game and created a couple of good chances but only managed to score once .
Toni should have done better on a couple of occassions , sadly he seems totally out of form at the moment .
Personally I loved the moment after scoring the 1st goal when Ze and all the other players went up to Klinsi , shows that we got a good
team chemistry .
Since Fiorentina only managed to draw against Steaua too we can be satisfied with this result , at the top of the table , 2 points clear of
OL and Fiorentina .
We would pretty much be through with a win against Fiorentina at home and a draw in Italy .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:15 pm

shwas55 wrote: we controlled the match klose didnt get that penalty in the first half, they hardly threatened, their goal was from a deflection,

That was a clear penalty 100 % , with the penalty given at that point of the game things could have been differently , but thats what the
referee decided and the players have to accept it .
As for Lyon's goal , I hated what Micho did , he first pulled up his head , it looked like he was gonna clear the ball away , but then only
deflected the ball which irritated Rensing and the only thing he could do was get the ball out of the net . :?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 pm

Well, I didn't see Demichelis happy at all playing in that position. He seemed frustrated and there were a few moments where he was walking and should have been pressing or defend. I don't know why Klinsmann did not use all the substitutes but only one. This has confirmed that Podolski's only chance is either Toni or Klose gets injured. It said really because Toni should have been replaced by Podolski.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 pm

This match wasn't at all convincing. Lyon played better in the first half. Their players were closer and their passes and one-twos were accurate. Their counter-attack is pretty scary most of the time, and there's that moment when Benzema was all alone in front of Rensing (that moment scared the living sh*t out of me!). All in all, we deserved a draw. We were better in the second half, and Ze was spectacular! We had several chances to score, but, like always, we miss that last touch. We need to do better if we want to reach at least the semis! And Klinsmann should sign the players he wants in the winter break (Arshavin and Gattusso [-o< ) Hoeness is a cheap rat! Not one penny in the summer transfer! I hope he changes his mind or they change him! [-o< [-o<
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby walter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:05 pm

There is no excuse for not substituting Toni with Podolski. Toni's finishing is not good at the moment and thats pretty much all he can offer.
I'm rapidly loosing faith in the team. They did not play bad but why can't we be consistent performers at the top level...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:14 pm

mackoy wrote:Well, I didn't see Demichelis happy at all playing in that position. He seemed frustrated and there were a few moments where he was walking and should have been pressing or defend.

According to german media he and Lucio had a verbal conflict during the game and then almost got into a fist fight entering the tunnel after the game if
it weren't for Schweini who seperated them . :o :shock: :shock:
I didnt see this . :?
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm happy about the way Bayern played, but not about the result. We deserved a victory.

Rensing - not at fault in the goal, made a great reflex save with his foot.
Lahm - simply amazing. Was running rings around the Lyon players but perhaps was a bit selfish in some occasions.
Lucio - his usual self.
Breno - unbelievable performance for a player his age with such lack of experience and debuting in the CL.
Oddo - showered the Lyon box with tons of crosses, but unfortunately couldn't get an assist. He did however set up Klose to cross the ball to Ze Roberto.
Ribery - he's almost back to his best. Great performance!
Ze Roberto - my man of the match. He won so many balls in midfield and capped his performance with a goal.
Demichelis - has played in midfield before but hadn't done so in a while, and today he looked a bit lost. He headed the ball into his own net and never looked as commanding as he has done so many times this season.
Schweinsteiger - combined well with Oddo and helped the team well. Was a bit slow on the ball, though.
Toni - he did what he does best. Be there at the right place at the right time, so many times during the match. Terrible finishing, however. He's in clear need of some confidence-boosting goals.
Klose - should have been awarded a penalty early in the match that would have set the pace. Had an assist with an intelligent cross to Ze Roberto. Didn't manage to create many chances for himself, however.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:41 am

Lahm was indeed amazing. If he had better shooting and he could cross with his left foot, he would be without a doubt the best fullback in the world.
That play were he dribbled past 3 defenders and then shot on goal (shot needed more beef) was great stuff.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby walter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:20 am

http://www.bundesligatalk.com/the-sync- ... 1-lyon/107

This article makes some interesting points about Bayern tactics (or the lack of) on the game.

I agree on the Klose-Poldi / Ribery-Toni comment as well as the need to sacrifice a DM for a CAM (Borowski) or another attacker at the beginning of the second half. Klinsi should've shown more guts with the substitutions.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League