You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Bayern Munich will win
29%
It will end in a draw
41%
Lyon will win
29%

Total votes : 17

Re: [2008-09-30] Bayern Munich vs Lyon

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Raphael Sanzio wrote:
Now we want him sacked?! Imo I think when you choose a coach, you have to see his contract to the end, unless he's really stinky, otherwise changing coach at this time would only confuse us. Whaddayathnk?!

Not if we get Ottmar back ! :P
Which isnt gonna happen of course since he's trying to establish himself as a successful coach of a national team too .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:04 pm

It's not often that Bayern go into a game and I have no idea what's going to happen. But that's where I'm at right now. There's no question that Bayern can win this game, but they need to step it up. The cancer that is Van Bommel needs to be out, and that'll be a good start. I believe in the reaction to the Hannover game Ottl complained that there was no quick transition game from defense, and I place the blame for this directly on our "captain." His passing and decision making are just too poor for such a crucial position, and it really just spreads to the whole team. I hope Schweini and Ze are back, along with Ribery starting and Ottl cleaning up. With that midfield I think we could really do some damage.

What do you guys think about Poldi and Klose starting? Usually I'm against benching Toni, but for some reason I feel like having two more mobile forwards will help us out against what will probably be an extremely tight defense, making space for Ribery and co. to cut in and help out up front. Then again, everyone knows what a danger Toni is so maybe his presence alone will create space for others to do things. I just hope he can find space for himself so we can get some much needed tore.

I voted for a draw. 2-2. I've got a sinking feeling that if we lose Klinsi will be out, I really hope that doesn't happen. Who do we get to replace him? Even if we do lose, I refuse to believe that things are so bad that he should be sacked. Who are we, Newcastle? We've lost two games and our club is in a crisis? What about Arsenal or AC Milan? They've lost just as much as we have this season and yet, Wenger and Ancelotti seem safe in their jobs. Yes, they're practically part of the furniture at their clubs, but does Klinsi not deserve his chance to turn it around? From my viewpoint the solution to our problems is fairly simple, and it's all about team selection. If he gets that right then we're in business. He gets it wrong, and Lyon will have his head in the guillotine. I just don't want any rash decisions.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:29 pm

If Klinsi gets the sack uli should be right behind him out of the same door, cuz he is the main responsible for the teams crappy season with his out of date stupid transfer market policies.

Klinsi made mistakes and they are starting to show but that doesnt mean he gets the sack after 10 games, i said before if the team doesnt improve by round 10 in the league he will be under severe pressure and most likely will be out in the winter.

Klinsi's biggest mistake was not demanding new players, usually before coaches sign with teams they ask for a budget and a certain players that they expect the club to provide for him, klinsi didnt do it.

Secondly making MVB captain when the guy has nothing to offer but putting the team down.

Thirdly playing 3-5-2 formation without having a world class DM

His subs are not that great, biggest example on the weekend he brought ribery on for Borowski where VB should have been substituted, 2 he left sosa on the full 90mins despite doing nothing to influence the match. He just didnt react well enough to improve the midfield where they where clearly struggling.

Having said that, he should be given the chance till the winter break and if the team doesnt improve he will go, but before that happen Ulli has to go too.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 pm

shwas55 wrote:If Klinsi gets the sack uli should be right behind him out of the same door, cuz he is the main responsible for the teams crappy season with his out of date stupid transfer market policies.

Klinsi's biggest mistake was not demanding new players, usually before coaches sign with teams they ask for a budget and a certain players that they expect the club to provide for him, klinsi didnt do it.

Right on! The way I see things there are 2 approaches for Bayern:
1. They realize their weak points (namely #6) and sign in class world class players in the winter break to strengthen the team. Klinsmann stays. If after the winter break he isn't convincing (he doesn't need to win the CL, just playing attractive football and reaching the final or semis is convincing enough, but has to win the BL) he gets sacked!

2. They realize their weak points and do nothing about it. The keep developing what they have. They spend nothing in the winter break. But if they lose the CL and BL and Cup, Klinsi doesn't get sacked. So it's merely a transition period to prepare for the 2009/2010 season. (this I prefer). When Bayern slumps again, in the summer of 2009 Klinsmann will have his very own spending spree (like Hitzfeld) and then, in 2010, we wi the CL.

btw I prefer the second approach, Barca is doing it!
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Rensing - Oddo, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Ottl, Zé Roberto, Ribery - Toni, Klose

This is predicted line-up...

Lloris- Boumsong, Cris, Toulalan, Squillaci, Reveillere – Juninho, Bodmer- Govou, Keite- Benzema

And this for Lyon... Looks bad, Keita, Benzema and Juninho, super trio!

And bad news- Altintop may be out till January.. :(

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby korrayls » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:09 am

Hi,

I am travelling to Munich tommorow for 4 nights. I was wondering if there would be any chance of getting a ticket for the match vs Lyon tomorrow night. My and my friends are going down to the stadium earlier in the day to have a look around so do you think there will be any tickets left.

I know its a long shot but we'll try anyway :oops:

How about Bochum on saturday if no Lyon tickets?? I'd prefer to stand on one of the terraces if possible to get a ticket.

vielen Dank. Cheers

Sean, Ireland.
korrayls
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 am

korrayls wrote:Hi,

I am travelling to Munich tommorow for 4 nights. I was wondering if there would be any chance of getting a ticket for the match vs Lyon tomorrow night. My and my friends are going down to the stadium earlier in the day to have a look around so do you think there will be any tickets left.

How about Bochum on saturday if no Lyon tickets?? I'd prefer to stand on one of the terraces if possible to get a ticket.

vielen Dank. Cheers

Sean, Ireland.

Hey man go to www.1st4FootballTickets.com and just search for bayern matches you will find date availability and sometimes you can even choose the rows.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 am

If Bayern play 4-4-2, with Ottl or Borowski in instead of van Bommel, if the defense is as organized at it was last season, if Ribery can create one or two chances, we'll win by a narrow margin. If not, well, I don't like to think about it. Another win here could put us well on the way to the next round, so watch out Lyon :) I hope Bayern play a barnstorming, sensational match, and go on to win every match the play this season. Emphasis on the word hope there.

After 6 bundesliga matches its been a pretty bad start, but I have faith in Klinsi. Once Ribery is 100%, Altintop returns and hopefully van Bommel either re-finds some sort of form, or is replaced by the above two mentioned central midfielders, I think this season maybe not turn out to be as bad as many are predicting.

One other thing, I miss Willy Sagnol, that is the Willy Sagnol who could cross accurately blindfolded.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 am

shwas55 wrote:

vielen Dank. Cheers

Sean, Ireland.

Hey man go to www.1st4FootballTickets.com and just search for bayern matches you will find date availability and sometimes you can even choose the rows.

You can try it out but I dont think you'll find any tickets , matches like this one , in the CL against other tope european clubs are
usually sold out weeks before .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 am

FCBinNYC wrote:
I voted for a draw. 2-2. I've got a sinking feeling that if we lose Klinsi will be out, I really hope that doesn't happen. Who do we get to replace him? Even if we do lose, I refuse to believe that things are so bad that he should be sacked. Who are we, Newcastle? We've lost two games and our club is in a crisis? What about Arsenal or AC Milan? They've lost just as much as we have this season and yet, Wenger and Ancelotti seem safe in their jobs.

Well the only difference is that these coaches already have shown their competence at club level .
CA won the CL twice , and what AW is doing every year with this young Arsenal team is magnificent , on the other hand we with Klinsi who
suffered the worst defeat since 30 years against Werder and the worst start in a BL season since 30 years too .
But still I am with you on this one I think he deserves to be given the chance and the patience , to show his coaching skills ,
and I have the good feeling that tonight is gonna be the first step into a better future with Klinsi in charge .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:18 pm

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

If you want watch game on internet, you will have to download some free software[best is SopCast and TVU] and 20:45 watch the game. There will be channels at 15:45.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SuXaR » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 pm

shwas55 wrote:

vielen Dank. Cheers

Sean, Ireland.

Hi mate,

this is the best site for Bayern tickets:

fcbayern.viagogo.de/

Good luck.
SuXaR
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Lineups are in: NO Van Bommel, =D> but Breno, Micho, and Lucio are all in, as are Lahm and Oddo. Looks like 3-5-2 unless MIcho steps up into midfield. Franck, Schweini, and Ze make up the rest of midfield with Toni and Klose up front. Personally I hope Micho is in midfield in a 4-4-2, otherwise this seems like an offensive 3-5-2 with Ottl being on the bench, and by offensive I mean we might get burned since Benzema and Juninho are both fit. I'm ready for the real Bayern to put them in their place, however!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby thulkazal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:15 pm

on uefa match centar it is 4-4-2 xD ^^

hope it will be 4-4-2
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Wow another big surprise by Klinsi , Micho in DM , lets see how that works and I dont know how I should feel about Breno in the starting XI , an unexperienced player like that in such an important match . :|
Rensing - Oddo , Lucio , Breno , Lahm - Schweini , Micho , Ze , Ribery - Toni , Klose
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League