You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-02] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
86%
It will end in a draw
6%
Juventus will win
8%

Total votes : 51

Re: [2013-04-02] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Postby Cazorla » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Well done Bayren, I was hoping for more goals. =D> Juve are just so boring to watch.
Cazorla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
tflags wrote:Robben missed a couple of sitters there. :evil: .

I get the feeling had we been playing with a different winger the scoreline would not be so thin before the break.

I guess you missed the first 15 minutes of the match

We can't judge Kroos' performance by the 15 minutes that he was on the field since the early goal changed the complexity of the game, at that point you let the opponent come at you and you counterpunch and the way to do that is to slow the tempo of the game, Bayern was going through that phase when Kroos got injured.

But Robben by no means had a bad game, did he miss some good chances? Yes. Was he selfish? Yes. Did he lose a few balls going forward for overdribbling when he had the option to pass? Yes. I do not even get annoyed anymore as I know he will do it again and again; but Robben was instrumental in stretching Juve’s backline, pulling up his mark and isolating Chiellini up against Madzukic who seem to have the mission of being a “teaser” and that alone unbalanced Juventus’ backline. I wouldn’t mind fielding Robben again in the 2nd leg as long as he is capable of doing what he did last night.

One thing for sure, Bayern is a completely different team with Kroos behind the striker than what it is with Muller, not better, not worse: different. Kroos has ball retention and distribution which allows Schweinsteiger to charge forward, Muller is more a 1-2-1 type of player and that forces Bastian to stay back to recover more balls in the deep midfield and dictate distribution. Muller shows up everywhere in the box while Kroos roams around the edge or as support behind the player with the ball and it is the central midfielders who show up as a surprise when he is on the field. Ultimately Muller as a man behind the striker (he is not a no.10) against Juventus in my opinion with Robben and Ribery creating the space was very effective last night.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 pm

In my opinion Robben plays like a pace whore in FIFA who you always have to remember to defend cautiously even when he is about as predictable as a rock. Robben forces defenders to play timidly and not commit going forward and it has been very useful. If only he would finish his chances would he warrant him maybe keeping his starting position..
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby frankiecam13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 pm

i think we will need an away goal in italy if only robben had put those sitters away
frankiecam13
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Ribery and Mandzukic also missed clear chances. Just sayin
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

tflags wrote:EDIT: I forgot to mention, I LOVED that 3-5-2 formation. AWESOME. Their wingers were so tied up defending that when the time came to make runs into attack, they were so far back it took them two days to get into their attacking third. I counted at least 5 wasteful passes just on the 1st half that ended up on the sides with no one on the flank and Lahm sitting pretty thinking about a Martini.

That's exactly why I believe the 3-4-3 is the best 3 defender system
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Ribery and Mandzukic also missed clear chances. Just sayin

Mandzukic failed to score the easiest of them all. :evil: And Buffon also saved a 1v1 against him.

Btw, no one has mentioned Neuer so far. The few saves he made were excellent. =D>
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:24 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Btw, no one has mentioned Neuer so far. The few saves he made were excellent. =D>

Neuer is a top class GK, period. We are so accustomed watching him be unbeaten, that if he fails in one - two cases we all come to skin him alive :P

And about Ribery's incident. I don't know if he really wanted that hard, but somehow I have the feeling that Vidal (of all Juve players) deserved something like that, because he kicked many times our players and was very harsh against our players in whole game :twisted: .

Not clever from the point of Ribery, I know, but I can see his frustration. Maybe he wasn't intented to be so harsh anyway...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Yes that handball should have been Vidal's second yellow.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes that handball should have been Vidal's second yellow.

Guardiola could heard last night what Bayern fans think about Arturo Vidal after summer 2011. :D

Persona non grata!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby lau03143 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Jorge wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
tflags wrote:Robben missed a couple of sitters there. :evil: .

I get the feeling had we been playing with a different winger the scoreline would not be so thin before the break.

I guess you missed the first 15 minutes of the match

We can't judge Kroos' performance by the 15 minutes that he was on the field since the early goal changed the complexity of the game, at that point you let the opponent come at you and you counterpunch and the way to do that is to slow the tempo of the game, Bayern was going through that phase when Kroos got injured.

But Robben by no means had a bad game, did he miss some good chances? Yes. Was he selfish? Yes. Did he lose a few balls going forward for overdribbling when he had the option to pass? Yes. I do not even get annoyed anymore as I know he will do it again and again; but Robben was instrumental in stretching Juve’s backline, pulling up his mark and isolating Chiellini up against Madzukic who seem to have the mission of being a “teaser” and that alone unbalanced Juventus’ backline. I wouldn’t mind fielding Robben again in the 2nd leg as long as he is capable of doing what he did last night.

One thing for sure, Bayern is a completely different team with Kroos behind the striker than what it is with Muller, not better, not worse: different. Kroos has ball retention and distribution which allows Schweinsteiger to charge forward, Muller is more a 1-2-1 type of player and that forces Bastian to stay back to recover more balls in the deep midfield and dictate distribution. Muller shows up everywhere in the box while Kroos roams around the edge or as support behind the player with the ball and it is the central midfielders who show up as a surprise when he is on the field. Ultimately Muller as a man behind the striker (he is not a no.10) against Juventus in my opinion with Robben and Ribery creating the space was very effective last night.

At 1-0 you don't sit back and play on the counter. You need to actively seek the second goal to then give yourself the comfort to sit back.

As soon as Robben come on we were more direct and controlled the game. Not be sitting back. His impact was immediately beneficial to us.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 pm

lau03143 wrote:
Jorge wrote:We can't judge Kroos' performance by the 15 minutes that he was on the field since the early goal changed the complexity of the game, at that point you let the opponent come at you and you counterpunch and the way to do that is to slow the tempo of the game, Bayern was going through that phase when Kroos got injured.

At 1-0 you don't sit back and play on the counter. You need to actively seek the second goal to then give yourself the comfort to sit back.

As soon as Robben come on we were more direct and controlled the game. Not be sitting back. His impact was immediately beneficial to us.

Against Juventus? in the CL QF? Do you really charge forward in the first 15 minutes to put the game away? You probably agree with me that if you want to finish them in 15 minutes you have more chances if you go in numbers than with a few offensive players and you probably agree with me that with less players on the back we are more exposed, now just answer this question: if we would have gone in an attacking spree and they would have scored a quick equalizer instead of us running the clock and waiting for our chances, wouldn’t you be saying the opposite today?

I am not saying “parking the bus” I am talking about forcing them to go for the game and hitting them back when they are exposed, the way we did it in London. Go and replay the first 15 min. (I just did) and you will see Kroos like a sticker next to Pirlo trying to deny him access to the ball more than trying to set up the team offensively. Once Robben was introduced Schweinsteiger was dropped to compensate for Kroos absence but Bayern stuck to the plan of locking the game so they could not count an away goal. A 1:0 is a better result than a 2:1 and a 2:0 is a better result than a 3:1. In my opinion JH had it right and it worked.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Bayern, just like the German NT, can't park the bus to protect the lead. Our plan when leading is to have them chase the ball (which worked because Juve certainly looked out of steam in the last 10 min), minimize our risk in defense (not sit back but play safer) and try to catch them with their pants down. Very composed and dominating display by Bayern, except the finishing that is---could've easily been 4-0.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 pm

walter wrote:Bayern, just like the German NT, can't park the bus to protect the lead. Our plan when leading is to have them chase the ball (which worked because Juve certainly looked out of steam in the last 10 min), minimize our risk in defense (not sit back but play safer) and try to catch them with their pants down. Very composed and dominating display by Bayern, except the finishing that is---could've easily been 4-0.

Exactly, holding possession, rotating the ball, force them to chase the game, waste energy and open up the lines, not only we did it in the first 15 minutes we did it in the last 1/4 hour and Juventus was giving up. Obviously with Robben on the right and Muller on the center we are more vertical but it does not mean that the team looked bad before Robben came in as some suggested, it is just different and that is what is good about this Bayern team, the system has some flexibility and adapts to the players that JH puts on the field so we can get the most out of them. It would be innefective to force Muller to do what Kroos does, or the opposite; same with Robben: we can't change him, he will still sail some balls to the crowd or try to bribble against 20 defenders but there is some value to what he provides and the team can operate in that frecuency too, as I see it at the expense of Schweinsteiger staying deeper.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:39 am

Please discuss the second leg in its appropriate thread.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League