You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
3%
Juventus will win
3%

Total votes : 31

Re: [2016-03-16] Bayern Munich vs Juventus

Postby Valkress » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:49 pm

I am wondering because I haven't seen anyone mentioning it : Am I the only one to think that Alaba is at least as much at fault as Benatia for the second goal ?

I mean, he was the dedicaded LB... As such, Cuadrado was his man and yet he was nowhere to be seen on the left flank.

Yes, Benatia going out at half-time was a very good decision. But not onlybecause he was terrible : also because putting Alaba at CB neutralized his urging need to go forward.
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Valkress wrote:I am wondering because I haven't seen anyone mentioning it : Am I the only one to think that Alaba is at least as much at fault as Benatia for the second goal ?

I mean, he was the dedicaded LB... As such, Cuadrado was his man and yet he was nowhere to be seen on the left flank.

Yes, Benatia going out at half-time was a very good decision. But not onlybecause he was terrible : also because putting Alaba at CB neutralized his urging need to go forward.

Alaba was playing too high in that moment because this was part of the instructions of Pep. The second goal was fault of all the team, not only him and the rest of the defenders, this also have to be share with the offensive players, because you as Muller, Ribery, Lewandowski and Costa have to be good enough for by yourself can be capable of generate attack, instead of needing the support of your defenders as what is happening many times.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Valkress wrote:I am wondering because I haven't seen anyone mentioning it : Am I the only one to think that Alaba is at least as much at fault as Benatia for the second goal ?

Yeah, the whole Fullbacks as additional attacking midfielders experiment Pep has going on at the moment exposes our CBs way too easily on counters. When a fullback overlaps with a winger, it's one of the CMs duties to drop back and fill the gap but when a fullback cuts in so far to the center of the pitch, it leaves a gaping hole on the flank and a bit of confusion regarding who covers for them.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Valkress » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:03 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:

Alaba was playing too high in that moment because this was part of the instructions of Pep. The second goal was fault of all the team, not only him and the rest of the defenders, this also have to be share with the offensive players, because you as Muller, Ribery, Lewandowski and Costa have to be good enough for by yourself can be capable of generate attack, instead of needing the support of your defenders as what is happening many times.

I agree with you on the global idea but saying that Alaba was playing too high is an understatement : he was actually losing the ball (by shooting in his own foot) 1 meter away from Juve's penalty box...
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Valkress wrote:
I agree with you on the global idea but saying that Alaba was playing too high is an understatement : he was actually losing the ball (by shooting in his own foot) 1 meter away from Juve's penalty box...

It was Pep desicion to give him an offensive role, but as I said before, the fault is for all the team and coach.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby kod2600 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:28 pm

My voice is gone. I could barely speak with customers today. I didn't sleep well thanks to the adrenaline rush from happiness.
I watched the game with the Bayern fans in Palestine meeting in a cafe and I was on the microphone after every Bayern goal cheering and getting the crowd hyped.
It will take time till my voice is back to normal it seems but I don't care, it was worth every shout.

This match ladies and gentleman is one of those matches that you will go back and watch its highlights every once in a while...forever.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:25 pm

kod2600 wrote:My voice is gone. I could barely speak with customers today. I didn't sleep well thanks to the adrenaline rush from happiness.
I watched the game with the Bayern fans in Palestine meeting in a cafe and I was on the microphone after every Bayern goal cheering and getting the crowd hyped.
It will take time till my voice is back to normal it seems but I don't care, it was worth every shout.

This match ladies and gentleman is one of those matches that you will go back and watch its highlights every once in a while...forever.

Palestine .... Respect
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:29 pm

albanian7 wrote:And the end, you know what bailed us out? Two headers and a counter-attack.

I agree with much of what you said, but why on Earth is this a problem? If anything, we used to never score from either of those. I'm glad we are.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 pm

kod2600 wrote:My voice is gone. I could barely speak with customers today. I didn't sleep well thanks to the adrenaline rush from happiness.

I do that with the Porto comeback every once in a while. A reminder of our resiliency and Thiago's determination when against the wall.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby EverFresh » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I only caught the game after Lewa's goal so I only saw the good parts. I was at work and after accidentally seeing the score I had to watch, yelled goal when Müller scored, glad there weren't any customers around...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win."
EverFresh
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Interview with a Juve fan [source]
Last edited by JANCKER on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Thomas Muller Reveals Pep Guardiola Threatened to 'Cut Our Balls Off' [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Was just a reaction to Beckenbauer's joke though... For once the applause belongs to the Kaiser! :D
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:25 pm

quaazi wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:The problem is that only Dortmund to a certain point do this in Bundesliga and that is actually hurting us big time.

N-no! I mean, I get what you're saying and you have a point but that's just not true! Have we forgotten Leverkusen already? Ingolstadt? This is currently the new template to play against us. Perhaps two seasons ago it was sitting back and hitting the counter. Now that we've developed ways to unlock deep defenses better than before, teams are once again changing their systems against us. Hence our difficulty with aggressive pressing once more.

Yes, two matches. :P We struggled in them. One draw. We need more teams to do that so that the players don't go into 'cruise' mode and relax at the back except for counters.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 pm

That win in Turin 6 years ago was also epic... time flies.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League