You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-12-05] Bayern Munich vs Internazionale

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for the match?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:27 pm

Bayern Munich win
40%
Draw
47%
Internazionale win
13%

Total votes : 15

Postby tracylynn » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:41 am

Well, at least they didn't lose. I kept hearing folks say they thought that since Bayern was playing for a draw they would concede a goal at the last minute, and it came true.

I'm glad they at least won their group, however I wish they can get a new mentality. Even the commentators on the channels here in the states are talking about how Bayern seem content on playing for a draw. I never heard any athlete in any sport say they're playing for a draw/tie. It does not matter if one has already achieved something, one still plays for a win.

Now, I wonder who they're next opponent will be? Whoever they are they can not play for a draw. Does anyone know when they'll announce the opponents?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:04 am

What a shocking late-equaliser.That tells which team played with fighting spirit
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bm72 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:31 am

at least Bayern topped the group & are guranteed of playing the 2nd leg of the 2nd round at the Allianz Arena !!

Bayern were really a different side from the one we saw against monchengladbach, they played much much better !!

HAIL BAYERN MUNCHEN !!!!!
BAYERN 4EVER
bm72
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:26 am

Bayern Munich will go into the last 16 of the Champions League as group B winners after securing top spot with a 1-1 draw with Inter Milan.

Both Bayern and Inter, who have won a combined six European cups, had already qualified for the knockout phase and faced off at the Allianz Arena for first place.

Bayern only required a point to top the standings and took the lead through Dutch forward Roy Makaay just after the hour only for French international Patrick Vieira to equalise late on for the visitors.

"The last goal is irritating but the important thing is we finished first and that is all that counts," said Peruvian international Claudio Pizarro.

However the German champions, who are unbeaten in this season's competition, still progress as group winners and Bayern coach Felix Magath got his wish to play the second leg of the last 16 knockout tie at home.

Last season AC Milan used home advantage to crush Bayern 4-1 in the second leg of their last 16 Champions League duel after the first leg finished 1-1 in Germany.

"I thought it would be a draw in the end but our strong performances in the group stage should not be underestimated," said Magath. "We have got through comfortably and are the only German team in the knockout stage."

Magath resisted the temptation to rest stars fielding a full-strength team captained by goalkeeper 0liver Kahn who was making his 100th Champions League appearance.

The 37-year-old Kahn, who made his first Champions League outing against Paris Saint Germain way back in September 1994, becomes only the sixth player, and the first goalkeeper, to reach the century landmark.

Real Madrid's Spanish international striker Raul and AC Milan's Italian defender Paolo Maldini, now 38, lead the list with 106 appearances.

Before kick-off Magath cranked up the pressure on Inter by saying the Italians were one of the favourites to win this season's Champions League.

But Inter, who last won the European Cup back in 1965, looked far from championship material playing on the counter attack despite needing a win to top the group.

Bayern enjoyed long spells of possession but rarely looked like scoring until the 39th minute when Makaay had a clear opening but he lost his footing at the crucial moment and dragged his shot wide.

Italian league leaders Inter had done little to threaten the home goal but with the half-time whistle approaching Mariano Gonzalez struck a 25-yard effort against Kahn's crossbar.

In the second half Bayern upped the tempo and in the 62nd minute Makaay showed great control to take a pass in his stride and slot past goalkeeper Francesco Toldo.

Vieira levelled in stoppage time but although it was irrelevant that did not stop Kahn from venting his frustration at being denied a clean sheet. :roll:

TurkishPress.com
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:32 pm

too bad we couldnt keep the result safe until the end :(
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:42 pm

tracylynn wrote:Well, at least they didn't lose. I kept hearing folks say they thought that since Bayern was playing for a draw they would concede a goal at the last minute, and it came true.

I'm glad they at least won their group, however I wish they can get a new mentality. Even the commentators on the channels here in the states are talking about how Bayern seem content on playing for a draw. I never heard any athlete in any sport say they're playing for a draw/tie. It does not matter if one has already achieved something, one still plays for a win.

Now, I wonder who they're next opponent will be? Whoever they are they can not play for a draw. Does anyone know when they'll announce the opponents?

December 15 is when they all get announced I think, I can't wait. It's quite soon.

My view on the match: I think Bayern were definitely the better side. Sure Inter got chances, but their defense was terrible, and we were intercepting balls all over the place. We deserved to win. Viera's goal at the end was a bit of luck, if only Kahn could've held onto it, but once it was bounced back the goal was obvious. Silly goal to throw away but nevermind we got the draw, we topped the group. There won't be any more of this play-for-a-draw mentality because Magath knows he can't do that in the next round (one hopes).
The game was a bit subdued, but I do think Bayern were in control. Pizarro was amazing. I really do not want him to go now.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 pm

yeah it is... i'm bricking it in case we get barca!

as for the game, hats off to makaay, he looked like he wanted a goal all game, and his movement off the ball was great...

not too sure about ottl's performance, i would've got with demichelis, ottl's passing was great, but he didn't look comfortable on the ball, and those two shots?!?!?!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:10 pm

kevh26 wrote:yeah it is... i'm bricking it in case we get barca!

as for the game, hats off to makaay, he looked like he wanted a goal all game, and his movement off the ball was great...

not too sure about ottl's performance, i would've got with demichelis, ottl's passing was great, but he didn't look comfortable on the ball, and those two shots?!?!?!

I'm not sure what went wrong with Ottl and those shots he made. Ballack made a few of those when he first joined Chelsea, so maybe he wasn't settled or something.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:02 pm

i think he's just not confident in that far up field... i heard one of the skysports commentators (not big alan mc inally, the other one) compare him to a young effenberg, i doubt that very much, maybe a future jens jeremies
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:37 am

We can`t be so hard on Ottle, he still young, but maybe he couldn`t handle a high stage of football like the Champions League! :roll:
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby vaibhavi » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:16 am

hahaha these are the five teams i hate the most-
1) Chelsea
2) Man U
3)Barca
4) cska moscow
5) ac milan
Hi! I love germany!
vaibhavi
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby diegis » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:57 pm

:mrgreen: why cska moscow :mrgreen:
bcuz of theirey :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby draconaut » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:19 am

vaibhavi wrote:hahaha these are the five teams i hate the most-
1) Chelsea
2) Man U
3)Barca
4) cska moscow
5) ac milan

i hate MU only! :)
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby devilbest » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:24 pm

MiNe:

1)Ac Milan
2)Real marid
3)Man U
4)Barca
5)chelsea
devilbest
Getting the hang of it

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League