You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

Bayern Munich will win
45%
It will end in a draw
55%
Fiorentina will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

[2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 am

The Champions League is back next week, and we're up against the Italians Fiorentina, Toni's former club. If Toni can regain his scoring touch against Karlsruhe, he may be on fire against Fiorentina. On their part, Fiorentina are having a bit of a disappointing start to the season and are currently languishing in 9th place in the Serie A. This is possibly due to their newcomers not having integrated well.

The bad news on this is: Lell should be fit :twisted:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Postby reiniksrobis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Bayern need to get 4 points from fiorentina and at least one point from Lyon and win Steaua at home, to secure qualification!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:59 pm

Toni In Doubt For Viola Clash

Bayern Munich host Fiorentina at the Allianz Arena in the Champions League next Tuesday, but former Gigliati marksman Luca Toni could be forced to sit out the match after picking up an injury during the Bundesliga game with Karlsruhe.The towering Azzurri hitman was replaced in the first half after allegedly reporting muscular problems. In the 40th minute, Toni committed a foul on the edge of the box and soon after asked to be substituted.

Bayern medical staff claims that he suffered a rib contusion and now a big question mark hangs over his presence in the crunch match with the side that first shot him to fame.

However, coach Jurgen Klinsmann is confident that Luca will do all he can to recover in time to face his former teammates.

"He is clearly a major doubt, but he is really eager to play against his former companions," the ex-Germany tactician is quoted as saying in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

And the 31-year-old forward also voiced his frustration at this setback just before the vital Champions League encounter with the Gigliati.

"I picked up a knock to my chest, and then I felt pain in my back while I was chasing a ball," he told the Gazzetta from his Munich home.

"I was struggling to breathe and in a lot of pain. We will evaluate the situation tomorrow, but this is certainly such a heavy blow before the game with Fiorentina. However, I am not giving up and I will do anything to recuperate."

The former Palermo striker is currently going through an unusual tough spell and has not scored for the Bavarians since September 13. Moreover, he seems to be sliding down the pecking order in the Nazionale, with Marcello Lippi giving the nod to Fiorentina's reborn hitman Alberto Gilardino in the recent 2010 World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and Montenegro.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Poldi-Klose would be good. If they can show a bit of performance in NT, then it would be good.

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 am

I am certain that Toni will start the match.

Yesterday, Fiorentina played against 10-man Reggina and won 3-0 to record their 3rd consecutive Serie A victory, so their players will have had a day less to rest.
Last edited by MUTU on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Put in result
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:10 am

Fiorentina registered a third win on the trot in Serie A on Saturday and now travel to Munich to face Bayern in the Champions League, with Romanian Adrian Mutu likely to be in the squad.

After the vital 2-0 away win at Chievo before the international hiatus, the Viola picked up another impressive victory against Reggina. Coach Cesare Prandelli's men beat the 10-man Amaranto, courtesy of another brilliant performance by former Milan flop Alberto Gilardino, who put the result beyond doubt in the second period with a brace, after Giampaolo Pazzini had netted a spot-kick to open the scoring.

The Gigliati now turn their attentions to the Champions League campaign, where they have yet to secure a first win after the unlucky 2-2 draw against Lyon and the Stadio Artemio Franchi stalemate with Steaua Bucharest.

However, they will have a mountain to climb when taking on the Bavarian giants at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday night. The German champions are somewhat struggling in the Bundesliga but lead the way in the Champions League Group F with 4 points to their name.

Former Florence hero Luca Toni is a major doubt for the match after reporting a muscular problem in the game with Karlsruhe last Saturday and so he could sit out the reunion with his former teammates.

On the other hand, Prandelli will probably be able to count on former Juventus hitman Mutu, after a relapse to the elbow injury he suffered two months ago while on international duty forced him to miss out on the last two Viola outings in Serie A.

Striker Pazzini should also get the go-ahead after picking up a knock to his foot in Saturday's game, but Martin Jorgensen and Franco Semioli will not make the trip to Germany.

----------

I hope that Mutu doesn't score!!! :?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 am

MUTU wrote:I hope that Mutu doesn't score!!! :?

I'd be more worried about Gilardino who seems to be in the form of his life.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Bookmaker odds for this match

WillHill.com
1 - 1.80
X - 3.10
2 - 4.00

BWin.com
1 - 1.70
X - 3.35
2 - 4.65
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby thulkazal » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:52 pm

-----------------------rensing---------------------------
oddo--------lucio---------------demich--------lahm--
---------------------bommel----------------------------
--------------------ze roberto--------------------------
bastian--------------------------------------ribery----
---------------klose------------podolski---------------

thou is klose injured? if he is,then play ribery as CF xD behind podolski , and put someone else on wing (maybe ze roberto and play borowski as CM)
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:46 pm

thulkazal wrote:thou is klose injured? if he is,then play ribery as CF xD behind podolski , and put someone else on wing (maybe ze roberto and play borowski as CM)

Both Klose and Toni should be fit to play, and if they are I don't see Podolski starting.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:33 pm

This is hilarious :)

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Benzema was much harder to keep quiet, so, we should do that with Mutu and Gila too. Mutu will be work for Oddo. :) Minimal, 1-0 win i bet.

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm

MUTU wrote:This is hilarious :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D SUPER VIDEO!!

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 pm

MUTU wrote:Both Klose and Toni should be fit to play, and if they are I don't see Podolski starting.

Klose should be fit but Toni is still a major doubt , even though I dont think he's gonna let this chance pass to play against
his ex-club even if he's not fully fit .He's just too ambitious for that.
Fiorentina's probable line-up: Frey - Zauri , Gamberini , Kroldrup , Vargas - Donadel , Melo , Montolivo (C) - Jovetic , Gilardino , Mutu .
The Portuguese Olegario Benquerenca is gonna be the referee in this clash , he also acted as a referee in our last season's 5-0 win against Anderlecht
in the Uefa-Cup , sounds like a good omen. :D
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:48 am

I never used to be so worried before every bayern's match. Im always afraid of a bremen type of game again, its just the team isnt improving, its lacking creativity, DM not existent, the team is lacking vision we play some good patches but in general the team isnt good enough,

I hope we can improve and fast
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League