You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

Bayern Munich will win
45%
It will end in a draw
55%
Fiorentina will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: [2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 pm

YEAH, good game, Bayern played good football all night and let Viola to show what they can. I like games like that. GO BAYERN!! We are in very good position to reach knockout stages. My other favorites this night- Arsenal and Villarreal too played great and scored 3 goals more than opponent! What a football night!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 am

walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 am

MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 am

What a great game! Rensing did a number of good saves on a night where the defence looked shaky. But the midfield created a lot of chances for us. I think there were 2 valid penalty claims for Bayern, one against Toni and then a clear handball in the box. Also Toni had a valid goal ruled out for offside, whereas Ribery was yellow carded for protesting against another offside call that was not valid.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 am

Bayern produced the goods in the Champions League at the Allianz Arena to beat Group rivals Fiorentina 3-0. The score line was a little flattering, and the Viola certainly created their chances.

Bayern:

Rensing-7.0: The Bayern keeper wasn’t overly tested with saves to make tonight. He looked a little uncertain coming for crosses, but did produce an excellent save to deny Felipe Melo in the first half.

Oddo-7.0: Oddo had a solid game against his fellow countrymen. He combined well with Bastian Schweinsteiger down the right and generally did well against a lively Adrian Mutu.

Lahm-6.5: The full back was quiet by his standards and was forced off at half time to be replaced by fellow local-boy Christian Lell. The full back must have picked up a knock.

Lucio-7.0: The commanding Brazilian had a good game alongside Martin Demichelis as they shut out the combined danger of Mutu and Gilardino.

Demichelis-7.5: Played well in defence alongside Lucio, and could well have scored in the second half with a bullet header, only to be denied by Frey.

van Bommel-7.0: He’s back in the side and back playing well. The Dutch captain provided the shield in front of the Bayern back four which allowed the others to get forward. An under-stated role tonight, yet important. No yellow card either!

Zé Roberto-7.5: The in-form Brazilian had a quiet first half, but came more into it in the second period. He produced a fantastic left foot finish right at the end to seal the 3-0 win.

Schweinsteiger-8.0: ‘Schweini’ came out all fired-up and showed he was willing to have a pop at goal from all angles. He scored a great goal to make it 2-0 and was unlucky to be taken off in the second half.

Ribéry-7.5: Like Zé Roberto, he had a quiet first half, but came more to life in the second. He took a heavy knock resulting in a black eye, but seemed to spark into life as a result.

Toni-7.5: A mixed night for the former Viola man. He provided the assists for both Bayern’s opening two goals, but was then forced off in the second half with what looked like a repetition of his rib injury from the weekend.

Klose-8.0: The German striker produced a great finish to hand Bayern the lead and led the line well all night. He was always playing off the shoulder of the last defender and was a constant threat throughout the 90 minutes.

Substitutes:

Lell- 6.5: Lell slotted in quite nicely for Lahm when he had to go off providing a seemless transition.

Podolski-5.0: Given a chance following Luca Toni’s injury, but didn’t really find his feet in the game.

Borowski: n/a

Fiorentina:

Frey-7.5: To have conceded three goals is a little harsh on the French keeper. He produced a fantastic save to deny Demichelis in the second half and cannot be blamed for any of the Bayern goals.

Zauri-6.5: The right back was quiet and penned largely back with Ribéry to deal with.

Vargas-6.5: The normally swashbuckling full back was, like counterpart Zauri, a little subdued and mainly preoccupied with containing Schweinsteiger.

Gamberini-6.5: Tough in the tackle but allowed Bayern through three times.

Dainelli-6.5: Will be disappointed to have conceded three goals tonight, but generally did well against former team mate Luca Toni.

Felipe Melo-7.0: He produced a fantastic mazy run and shot in the first half, which deserved a goal. He was however denied by Rensing and failed to reproduce a similar threat in the second period.

Kuzmanovic-7.5: He was lively throughout the game and unleashed plenty of shots, but unfortunately none unduly tested Rensing.

Montolivio-8.0: The U-21 international was the bright spark in the midfield for Fiorentina- especially in the first half. His clever passes probably deserved a goal as a reward.

Santana-6.5: Of the three front men deployed by Cesare Prandelli, he had the quietest night. Partners Mutu and Gilardino caused more trouble and his set-piece delivery was poor.

Mutu-8.0: He ran and ran and had the majority of the Viola’s efforts on goal. On a normal occasion his efforts would have resulted in a goal, but it just wasn’t to be tonight.

Gilardino-7.0: Gilardino had one great opportunity to get on the score sheet but couldn’t convert. Nevertheless a good all-round attacking display to remind non-Italian watchers of his talents.

Substitutes:

Jovetic: Showed some nice touches, but unable to turn the game.

Gobbi: Picked up a booking as the only highlight of his cameo appearance.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:44 pm

i agree with your scores except for Oddo and VB,
Oddo just didnt cross the ball well enough, in defence he was ok but going forward he was shocking not a single cross landed where its suppose to the guy's radar is just off

VB: didnt lay a single tackle didnt touch the ball and allowed alot of balls into our defensive area the defense looked shaky because of him, he really has to be moved on in the winter so the team can improve
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:52 pm

I watched the game and I thought Ze roberto was world class and it is amazing how much he puts into the game at 34 years old =P~
Ribery was fantastic as usuall and he gave the full backs a really hard time. Rensing played well and hopefully [-o< he will continue this form to the end of the season.

On a different topic I feel really sorry for Ballack as he is injured again and will probably be dropped by Jogi Loew for crticising him. WHY DID HE LEAVE BAYERN :shock: :evil: #-o
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:08 pm

After watching the highlights, I have to say that I feel better even better about the game than I did yesterday. Fiorentina did take A LOT of shots, but very few of them were actually realistic, GOOD chances. It seemed like their game plan was to get the ball into the final 3rd, then just try to put it on goal and see what happens, anything but letting Bayern get a serious counterattack. Entertaining, yes, but the final result is there for everyone to see. Bayern had better chances overall and took 3 of them. La Viola probably deserved a goal or two, but who's to say Bayern wouldn't have reacted by digging deep and scoring even more? They looked up for it. There's no doubt that we still need to improve defensively before the game in Firenze, but they need to change their game plan if they really want to trouble us.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:50 am

As far as I can see, the only real negative to come out of this match was Lahm's injury. The attack looked sharp, especially against Italian opposition, which are notorious for keeping clean sheets and defending well...although that cant be said for Fiorentina in this match. I wonder how Lell will go against Wolfsburg now that Lahm is out. As for Bayern's defense...well...a clean sheet is a clean sheet, and you need luck on your side sometimes.

As for van Bommel, I think hes improved quite a bit, but still isnt up to where he was at his peak for Bayern (that being the match against Real Madrid, and for a lot of the 2006/2007 season). I think Ottl can do that job for Bayern if given the chance, hes a great prospect in my opinion.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:14 pm

shwas55 wrote:i agree with your scores except for Oddo and VB,
Oddo just didnt cross the ball well enough, in defence he was ok but going forward he was shocking not a single cross landed where its suppose to the guy's radar is just off

VB: didnt lay a single tackle didnt touch the ball and allowed alot of balls into our defensive area the defense looked shaky because of him, he really has to be moved on in the winter so the team can improve

I can not agree more! MVB still conservative, not getting too involved, he looked more like a coach in a training session running among the players, pointing in which direction he wanted the ball to go or screaming to the players that actually playing. Oddo again good runs, good one touch triangutions down his flank but horrible crosses, he is good on low crosses, high crosses for headers point to the sky.

By far the best player on the field Schweinsteiger, then Ze and Klose. I fully agree with the highest scores. I do not agree with Toni's score, although he took a lot of physical abuse he still seems slumping. Luccio seems off-time and Lahm was slow, probably struggling with the ankle injury.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League