You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

Bayern Munich will win
45%
It will end in a draw
55%
Fiorentina will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: [2008-10-21] Bayern Munich vs Fiorentina

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:43 am

From the poll results it seems everyone is confident that we will avoid defeat :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:52 am

I just hope the mood is gonna be this good after the match as well. [-o<
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Eritina » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:51 pm

German media report Toni will play despite pain. At least all signs indicate about that. Rensing - Oddo, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, van Bommel, Ze Roberto, Ribery - Klose, Toni.
Eritina
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 pm

we are up 2-0!!!!! looks like we will win!!!! nice goal by Schweini!!!!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Nazar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 pm

we are a ashambles defensivley, it is a miracle we're not losing this game
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Nazar wrote:we are a ashambles defensivley, it is a miracle we're not losing this game

Its not the defence's fault its that idiot VB did you see him lay a single tackle the whole match cuz i didnt, he let their midfield deliver some quality balls into the box.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Nazar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 pm

we cannot expect to be seriuos contenders against the likes of manchester united and chelsea without seriously overhauling a large part of our defence and midfiel. many of hte players are quite simply not playing well enough.
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:39 pm

its great to have the 3 points, offensively we played a very good game, but we got lucky in the back.

The Good :
3 points
great offensive display

The bad:
again the DM position is just not excitant VB didnt lay a tackle the whole match, and he lacks the offensive and defensive visions that a DM should have, and his passing is awful.

Oddo not bad defensively but his crosses are just bad, its not just this game, since he came to bayern i think less than 10% of his crosses had connected, he is wasting alot of the ball
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 pm

The win wasnt as convincing as the result might tell you.
Got lucky on a couple of occassions , the DM again failing to close down areas , ultimately we got the 3 points
and the offensive display was marvellous , but we still have a lot of work ahead of us espacially in the defensive part.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 pm

great game! we played well, kept a clean sheet, and scored 3 nice goals. Don't know what's all the whining about, yes we already know we need a DM, but certainly NOT a defensive overhaul. Having defeated italian opposition in CL with a convincing result is a good reason for me to celebrate!
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:59 pm

At least we managed to ride our luck and keep the clean sheet! Did you see some of the other scores today? 2-5, 6-3, 3-5, I'll take dusel all season long if it means we can get back on track, which looks entirely possible after today. Van Bommel still isn't great, but he was better today than he has been. Klose seemed more or less on point, Ribery is getting sharper all the time, if the defense can shape up a bit then we're in business. Rensing looked pretty confident today, no? Lell did ok too, though I hope Lahm only came off to give him a rest for Saturday. Speaking of which, bring on Wolfsburg!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 pm

A good performance but Bayern were very lucky indeed. Mutu and Gilardino missed several chances each and the game could have gone the other way, if it weren't a bad day for the Fiorentina strikers. I think that this was Rensing's best performance this season. He didn't make any errors expect for one corner kick and he also saved an early strike after Bayern took the lead. That will boost his confidence. Lucio and Demichelis were good but especially Demichelis. You can see that he is happy and doing his best in the CB position. I agree with shwas55 though. Oddo's crosses are not first class. Late in the second half, he had possession of the ball without anyone pressing him, the chance to look where are the strikers located and he could have also drank a cup of tea with the time at his disposal and the result.... the ball way over! MVB was not involved in the match. He was rarely seen with the ball. On the other hand Ze covers a lot of ground and also scored a great goal. Ribery is showing signs of his return to best especially in the second half and I am also pleased with the performance of Klose too. He was very mobile and always a threat to the Fiorentina defence. Overall good performance and most importantly 3 points and top of the group! :D

P.S. I think that today was a record for the Champions League for the amount of Goals scored. Also Lyon made a great comeback by winning 3-5 against Steau trailing to 2 goals early in the first half!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MrLinky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:05 pm

36 goals scored in 8 matches tonight . :shock:
Thats what I call an attractive football night. :lol:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:13 pm

We forgot to mention shweini he really is starting to be a huge presence for us he is getting into space, creating chances and scoring goals, i think we can safely say he is the biggest improver since Klinsi came.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 pm

mackoy wrote: I think that this was Rensing's best performance this season.

Thats what I thought in extra-time during the match as well , he made a couple of great saves , espacially the one when he was totally
left alone by our defense , Melo just dribbled through our whole defense with none of our players bothering to seriously tackle and disposses him
but fortunately he produced a great and very important save , as the result was only 1-0 at that time.
MrLinky
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League