You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Zürich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Zürich will win
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: [2011-08-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Zürich

Postby SilverX » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:55 am

I think our team did great. They were playing solid and not allowing any stupid mistakes.

Guys, do not forget that last season we looked like a high school team when defending and the blend between Midfield and defense did not exist. But now, the defense starts in the midfield and not our back 4.

Gustavo was an animal that game. He made rough challenges (even though some looked very bad) and he needs to keep doing that to put a stop to the runs going into our defense. I think that Schweinie was very good in controlling the mid while Gustavo was more a defensive minded player.

Gomes just plain out Sucked.... he looked like he didn't want to be out there and looked slow as hell.

Robben and Ribery played good but their finishing is sucking at the moment. They need to wake up and play again like last two years. I also thought that Robben was being a kind of a puss and didn't go 1v1 with anyone but one time.

Overall we played very well I think and mostly agree with everyone else that posted their views on the game. I also strongly believe that we are not playing attractive football right now but football that will give us results by playing a very solid and very slow pace to control the tempo of the game.
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:55 am

SilverX wrote:I think our team did great. They were playing solid and not allowing any stupid mistakes.

Guys, do not forget that last season we looked like a high school team when defending and the blend between Midfield and defense did not exist. But now, the defense starts in the midfield and not our back 4.

Gustavo was an animal that game. He made rough challenges (even though some looked very bad) and he needs to keep doing that to put a stop to the runs going into our defense. I think that Schweinie was very good in controlling the mid while Gustavo was more a defensive minded player.

Gomes just plain out Sucked.... he looked like he didn't want to be out there and looked slow as hell.

Robben and Ribery played good but their finishing is sucking at the moment. They need to wake up and play again like last two years. I also thought that Robben was being a kind of a puss and didn't go 1v1 with anyone but one time.

Overall we played very well I think and mostly agree with everyone else that posted their views on the game. I also strongly believe that we are not playing attractive football right now but football that will give us results by playing a very solid and very slow pace to control the tempo of the game.

Agree 100%

About Robben/Ribery, to be fair, Robben was injured, and Ribery still needs a few games to get back to his best. He is making huge steps forward though.

Lahm too had bad finishing, but I think that that is because it has been so long since he has played on the left. He never shot as RB.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm

I was surprised with Lahm not scoring becuase he is good scoring goals I think.

Against Zurich he had a chance that looked exactly like the goal he scored against Turkey in the final minute in Euro 2008 semifinals. Awesome goal it was, btw

Last season he scored another nice goal against Gladbach in a 1 on 1 with the GK

-----

Well, for the second leg I'd like to score a goal in the first half and then try something new in the second.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:51 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Against Zurich he had a chance that looked exactly like the goal he scored against Turkey in the final minute in Euro 2008 semifinals.

True, the one most people didn't see live due to satellite troubles :)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League