You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-08-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Zürich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Zürich will win
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: [2011-08-17] Bayern Munich vs FC Zürich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 pm

quaazi wrote:I'm pretty happy with today.

Me too. For the first time in months I saw Bayern play in a relaxed and calm way during a competitive game. No sign of pressure or panic whatsoever, and I'm happy enough with the result.

YlonenXabi wrote:Then we need OLIC back

Yep. Actually we need just about anyone who isn't Gomez, but Olic is easily our best choice.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dhuber24 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

in the end he deserved a goal but... the game worked out anyway. next week is still big but the pressure is reduced.
Mia San Mia
Herr Huber
Dhuber24
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Lindi33 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Congrats guys..

Robben scored a ALA VILLA goal haha.

As far as i see Neuer is keeping 3 of his 4 official games as a Clean-Sheet :D .

Gomez >> mhhm. He is just unlucky and i am sure that he will start scoring soooon.

Boateng - Badstuber are doing a great job on defence.. just what we didn't have last year .
Last edited by Lindi33 on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindi33
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Gomez was booked for nothing. The Zurich player dived. Poor Gomez. :P Why didn't Heynckes use the other two substitutions ?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby eliasov » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Gomez was a fail in this match !! but i have to critisize JUPP HEYNCKESS MORE since he forgot that he's allowed to make substitutions !! Ivica should have played in the 2nd hald instead of the inconsistent Gomez ! ps: why we baught usami and petersen ? they were not even on the bensh ...i don't know wich rotation will Heynckess use
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
pavlos21 wrote:muller changed the game to good.i don't want to see kroos soon again in the team.he is just not ready for this level.

I am starting to think Kroos is not the problem. Well, he is part of the problem, but only a small part in a bigger reason.

We saw it against Wolfsburg and we saw it again today. The team attacks much more during the second half. It's almost like we don't want to score during the first half. I also think (not sure about this, but it looks like it to me) that we always start the game with a 4-2-3-1, but in the last two games switched to 4-1-4-1 in the second half with Schweini becoming much more offensive. We have also been seeing more long shots and attacking play in general during the second half.

From this I think that our boring play during the first half is not a problem of bad playing, but rather, the tactics themselves. Heynckes does not seem interested in winning 3-0, 4-0, or 5-0. He's just interested in winning, by whatever margin. The idea is to play a 4-2-3-1 in the first half, hold possession, make the opponents come at you and tire them out, then go all out assault in the second half.

In other words, he is trying to recreate the 2009/10 ideology, but this time with a good defense. It worked back then, and it's worked in the last two games. As long as the results keep coming, I'm happy.

Great point. And yes its a good ideology and definitely an effective one. My only problem is that once he comes up against other good tactical coaches like Pep or Mourinho or Fergie the problem will be that they will recognize and not over-commit in the first half, or just up the tempo at times. So when playing top champions league teams we can't expect to tire them out as easily, whether it be because of their fitness levels being excellent or just their coaches adjusting their tactics. We have to still be aggressive at times during the first half with some combination passing (like Germany) to keep them on their toes make them scared to let us control possession.

Exactly. This system has one flaw, and that is that you only have half the usual time to score (45 minutes). Sometimes it is simply not enough. You get those days were you need a million chances to score and sometimes on days like that you might have won if you had attacked all game, but draw if you attack for only one half.

Like you said, we might take it easier in the first half but we mustn't become too obsessed with it either. We have to take chances when we get them and try to open up space, like Schweini did today. We don't want to go back to the "dribble with the ball inside the goal" which our players were playing last season. In fact this (along with our bad defense) is why we failed last season. We went from "calm first halves, aggressive second halves" like in 09/10, to all-around sucking for 90 minutes.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby The Spyware » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm

We Are Sorry EQ Kimball
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:47 pm

eliasov wrote:.i don't know wich rotation will Heynckess use

His rotation is bench the guy in my avatar for the guy in yours :twisted:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:02 pm

I waasn't that impressed except the first part of the game. Positives I saw:

- Schweini scored and looked fairly solid, even shot long range
- Gustavo looked solid and defended and passed well
- Boateng and Badstuber pairing looks real good, DvB won't see playing time for a while which is bad if he actually has to replace one of the previous due to injury or something
- Robben and Ribéry back together looks good again, and can only get better -- Robben looks alot better than the first 2 games
- moved the ball better from defense to offense -- better transistioning
- better passing and attacking

Negatives:
- Neuer seriously needs more adjustment time to look like the WC keeper we saw last year with Schalke -- he is solid, but he doesn't look overly amazing from the few times Zürich came down
- Gomez -- need I say more?
- Kroos -- what happened to this promising youngster, he IS getting his chances but not looking like his NT form -- I think positive criticism is needed to force him to grow
- Sh**tty 4-2-3-1
- Heynckes not finding the right balance and tactics

I expect some flak on what I mentioned, but its what I think.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Great game, we should have won by more but I personally called up Heynckes and asked him to instruct the players to take it easy because my prediction was 2-0...

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Call me crazy if you like, but I would honestly have benched Schweinsteiger. Although I would also have played Kroos (Tymo-Kroos or Gustavo-Kroos)

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Did anyone else notice that Robben is no longer taking his trademark long shots?

Double fail by FCBayernMunchen :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Put Mueller as Forward instead of Gomez , and Keep Kroos as CAM , Kroos and Mueller play good together

if Gomez stays as GOMISS

and Neuer with Badstuber-Boateng seems to work pretty well

Badstuber is elegant and Smart

Boateng is Risky and a Bull in Defense
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:18 pm

BILD's match ratings (1 is the best, 6 is the worst)

Manuel Neuer: 3
Rafinha: 4
Jerome Boateng: 3
Holger Badstuber: 2
Philipp Lahm: 2
Luiz Gustavo: 3
Bastian Schweinsteiger: 2
Franck Ribery: 3
Toni Kroos: 3
Arjen Robben: 2
Mario Gomez: 5
Thomas Müller: 3

Source: http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayer ... .bild.html
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:19 pm

MUTU wrote:Double fail by FCBayernMunchen

One that I am quite happy about :P

===========

Anyway, never thought I would say this this early in the season (you remember how much I wanted Alex), but I am really happy with our current defense. Of course, it's gonna go from great to terrible the moment someone is injured, but let's not think about that for now.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Anyway, never thought I would say this this early in the season (you remember how much I wanted Alex), but I am really happy with our current defense. Of course, it's gonna go from great to terrible the moment someone is injured, but let's not think about that for now.

I think that rather than giving the credit to the purchases of Boateng+Rafinha, it's more the tactics employed by Heynckes. I think if van Buyten comes on for Boateng/Badstuber, the difference wouldn't be as big as you think it would. However, it is obvious that our attack has lost some firepower. Gomez may not be on form, but last season he used to get better deliveries, both in quantity and quality.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League