You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-21] Bayern Munich vs FC Porto

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win and go through to the semifinals inside 90 minutes
52%
Bayern Munich will win and go through to the semifinals after extra time
8%
Bayern Munich will win and go through to the semifinals on penalties
4%
Bayern Munich will win but still get eliminated
14%
It will end in a draw and Bayern Munich will get eliminated
10%
FC Porto will win and Bayern Munich will get eliminated
12%

Total votes : 50

Re: [2015-04-21] Bayern Munich vs FC Porto

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:11 pm

I must add this, I see many Bayern fans wanting the team to play with 3 atb... that's such a bad idea against a team who like to play down the wing and has a great ST...
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Hedel Fiffers wrote:I must add this, I see many Bayern fans wanting the team to play with 3 atb... that's such a bad idea against a team who like to play down the wing and has a great ST...

If Ribery is indeed back, added to the fact that your starting fullbacks are already out, I see you guys avoiding the wings.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:43 pm

quaazi wrote:I don't think I've ever seen tflags this bullish. Must be the #ThiagoFactor.

A couple of bad passes and a tired old Spaniard wont let me down. Coming next Tuesday, we ARE scoring those two goals. Am I nervous? Naturally. Am I upset? A little bit. Do I think Bayern will win this one? NOT A SINGLE DOUBT. Let Guardiola do the thinking. The team will do the talking. Porto best enjoy their 15 minutes; you haven't played our real version yet.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm less worried about scoring these two goals than I am of conceding one. And I'm worried about four players being on two yellow cards. Not only because they might be suspended if we advance, but also because it might affect the game on Tuesday. They'll have to be much more cautious with imminent suspensions.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

RedQueen wrote:I'm less worried about scoring these two goals than I am of conceding one. And I'm worried about four players being on two yellow cards. Not only because they might be suspended if we advance, but also because it might affect the game on Tuesday. They'll have to be much more cautious with imminent suspensions.

as Don Jupp used to say... the players one YC away from suspension must forget that and work on to take the team to the next round
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zamir92 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 pm

MUTU wrote:Porto's away CL matches this season (3 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses, 9 goals for, 3 goals against):

OSC Lille 0-1 Porto (qualification playoffs, 1st leg)
Shakhtar Donetsk 2-2 Porto (group stage)
Athletic Bilbao 0-2 Porto (group stage)
BATE Borisov 0-3 Porto (group stage)
FC Basel 1-1 Porto (last 16)

Bayern's home CL matches this season (4 wins, 0 draws, 0 losses, 13 goals for, 0 goals against):

FC Bayern 1-0 Man City (last 16)
FC Bayern 2-0 AS Roma (last 16)
FC Bayern 3-0 CSKA Moscow (last 16)
FC Bayern 7-0 Shakhtar Donetsk (last 16)

Can't see tweet? Click here!

All win in allianz arena thanks a lot for this info mutu
Last edited by zamir92 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:57 pm

With their fullbacks suspended, it is time for look through the wings for attack them, who defensively perform well. Ribery and Bernat on the left side are my favorite and hope gun for attack them.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:00 pm

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:06 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
as Don Jupp used to say... the players one YC away from suspension must forget that and work on to take the team to the next round

Its true, also Bayern will need to play beautiful as they best know for advance, so with this performance they will no need foul as a resource for defend.

Boateng and Lahm are the most important players with one yellow card from suspension, but with Robben, Ribery and Schweinsteiger back, we can replace them properly for the first leg.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Don't forget Neuer is on two yellows, too. IMO the third goal was a result of the yellow in the game, at least partly.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

RedQueen wrote:Don't forget Neuer is on two yellows, too. IMO the third goal was a result of the yellow in the game, at least partly.

Miss to count him, but we also can replace him for a game with Reina. What matter is to be back in semifinal with Robben and Ribery.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:16 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:42 pm

I would be very surprised if we were able to go through, given the injures as well as the result. They are missing their fullbacks but our wingers are hurt as well, so I am not sure we can take advantage of that. Pep has made what was the best midfield in the world into a paperweight unit and his defense has never seemed settled - injuries haven't helped either.

I think we're done for the year, and most likely Pep will leave during the summer as a "mutual agreement". I won't mind that at all to be honest, he's taken the team backwards as far as I can tell. One or two shining moments (City last year, Roma this year) don't change the fact that we seem to be extremely fragile under him.

And while our core players can still play one or two more years, it's about time the FO start thinking about replacing Schweini, Lahm, Ribery and Robben - though Arjen at least seems to still have a lot left. The midfield in particual needs a complete rebuild, we can't be playing Alonso-Lahm-Rode in a CL quarterfinal. You can hide one, but not three players who for a variety of reasons are simply not the best at that position anymore. Thiago, Schweini and Javi on the other hand are at this point too injury prone to rely on them for the long term.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 pm

endrity wrote:I would be very surprised if we were able to go through, given the injures as well as the result. They are missing their fullbacks but our wingers are hurt as well, so I am not sure we can take advantage of that.

Comparing this second match with the first leg, it is an advantage.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:44 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
endrity wrote:I would be very surprised if we were able to go through, given the injures as well as the result. They are missing their fullbacks but our wingers are hurt as well, so I am not sure we can take advantage of that.

Comparing this second match with the first leg, it is an advantage.

Yes and no, because we saw at first-hand that their attackers can easily beat our defenders for speed. Given our most-glaring weakness and the result of the first leg, they will surely look to counter-attack and hit us on the break. One away goal for them means that we'd need to score three goals just to take the match to penalties, and four if we'd want to go through in 90 minutes. Tactically, it's to their advantage.

We may recover a player or two for the 2nd leg, but they will also recover their top CD Marcano (suspended yesterday), possibly Tello and Adrian Lopez (both out injured yesterday) and also Jackson Martínez will be fitter. Therefore they may have the upper hand as far as personnel coming back goes.

Furthermore, Neuer, Lahm and Bernat have joined Boateng in the careful-how-I-tackle list because they are all one yellow card away from a potential semifinal suspension. Porto players know that if they go through, they will likely not win the competition or even make the final, so they'd be more inclined to go all-in with tackles.

The only advantage I see is that we're playing at home, something that shouldn't be underrated either. We've been in splendid form at home in the Champions League this season, scoring 13 goals and conceding none.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League