You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-03-13] Bayern Munich vs FC Basel

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
92%
It will end in a draw
8%
FC Basel will win
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: [2012-03-13] Bayern Munich vs FC Basel

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Some people just cannot be convinced. How many years in a row does one need to be a topscorer in until it no longer matters that he can't dribble past 3 players in a row? Or accept that since he's playing as a sole striker he shouldn't be by the corner flag crossing the ball to nobody?

I give up and rest my case. I'll let the statistics speak for themselves. In time, hopefully fans will accept him. The important thing for me is that the backing he has from the coach and the board is tremendous, and that's great!

Gomez will play in this match unless he is injured.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ronnie98 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 pm

MUTU wrote:Some people just cannot be convinced. How many years in a row does one need to be a topscorer in until it no longer matters that he can't dribble past 3 players in a row? Or accept that since he's playing as a sole striker he shouldn't be by the corner flag crossing the ball to nobody?

I give up and rest my case. I'll let the statistics speak for themselves. In time, hopefully fans will accept him. The important thing for me is that the backing he has from the coach and the board is tremendous, and that's great!

Gomez will play in this match unless he is injured.

Our opinions on gomez are the complete opposite. crossing 3 players???!! i don't need/expect that from Gomez, i said 1 player...OR less less than that just handling the freaking ball. His skills and control is that of a second division player sometimes worse. I still can't understand/see what is so special with mario gomez other than his headers.... how is he better than the top sole strikers of today while he doesn't have the most basic attributes/skills of a professional football player. I give up since it seems that you are exaggerating everything i say.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Payam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Karim Benzema, Dimitar Berbatov, Didier Drogba, Mario Balotelli, Edison Cavani and Wayne Rooney.
These are strikers with exceptional first touches on the ball (Especially Berbatov, dios mio what a pair of feet).
And yet, Mario Gomez has outscored them all if I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am.
He is unfortunately a very streaky player, but only a fool would deny that he is a world class finisher with an otherwordly sense of where to position himself when in full flow.

When he doesn't have his mojo he's pretty useless on the ball though, but I do not mind him starting until he finds it again. Go Gomez!
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:05 am

Yes but those strikers help another players to score goals. Gomez is useless in every other thing. He is just a poacher (and a very good one). So when he doesn't score it's like playing with 10 men. When Ibra, Berbatov, Rooney... don't score they can still be very useful for their teams. Rooney is probably a top 5 player (not only a great striker)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 am

BTW I want Gomez to play against Basel. He is usually great scoring goals in Allianz.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ronnie98 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes but those strikers help another players to score goals. Gomez is useless in every other thing. He is just a poacher (and a very good one). So when he doesn't score it's like playing with 10 men. When Ibra, Berbatov, Rooney... don't score they can still be very useful for their teams. Rooney is probably a top 5 player (not only a great striker)

I was going to say the same thing. Gomez's position with bayern is not the same of those strikers mentioned above. Gomez seem isolated from the build-up play and doesn't take part in it cuz he just can't. All of these strikers are better overall than mario and there are some others. Its simple that the closer you are from the goal the more chance that you will score and thats what sums up gomez along with his cool headers.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Luis90 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Bayern has won, a lost woud be for me a suprise, hier is one artikle for the game
Luis90
First post

Postby armbrust » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Our opinions on gomez are the complete opposite.

My opinion about Gomez stand in the middle of you both.

One game hes gomez for me , another gomiss.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby johndear » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:59 am

Payam wrote:Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Karim Benzema, Dimitar Berbatov, Didier Drogba, Mario Balotelli, Edison Cavani and Wayne Rooney.
These are strikers with exceptional first touches on the ball (Especially Berbatov, dios mio what a pair of feet).
And yet, Mario Gomez has outscored them all if I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I am.
He is unfortunately a very streaky player, but only a fool would deny that he is a world class finisher with an otherwordly sense of where to position himself when in full flow.

When he doesn't have his mojo he's pretty useless on the ball though, but I do not mind him starting until he finds it again. Go Gomez!

Guys...we are talking about BAYERN ....this is a critical situation. BAYERN is not test subject or research team..... everyone contribution is very important for the team....while Gomez is scoring and he is in his streaks then fine but NOW he is not only missing scoring but also burden to his team mate. Team mate don't trust him and frustrated every-time they pass him. HE IS LIABLE AT FRONT!!!!!!

we have to find alternative.......TOO much at STAKE here GuYS....look at what happened when Kroos was bench last week and we win. every little thing count in football.....
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm

We will find it hard as a draw is enough for Basel but so far our home form has remained good. We will pass against Basel
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:47 pm

We will play defensively not to concede that goal which will make it very hard for us to progress. Hopefully this does not mean slow build-up as Basel will also not want to concede.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lindi33 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 pm

A little bit Off-Topic but here I go ..

Had this weird dream about Bayern Beating Basel 4-1 ..
I was late for watching the game and then suddenly I saw Bayern Celebrating the 4 goal..
Damnnn i was soo happyy..
Sooo This is a sign that Bayern Will win the game haha !!

MIA SAN MIA [-o<
Lindi33
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Was that 4-1 in the match or 4-1 on aggregate? :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby machkover » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:34 pm

ronnie98 wrote:EDIT: the only only thing i like about gomez is his exceptional headers. its like he can score from every corner :D

Even this only single thing he seems to forget about its technics !! #-o .as i said in another post , even if he manages to score against Basel a goal or two i won't change my opinion about him ,unless he performes well and proves he is our striker for the whole future because we badly need him but it looks as though he hasn't realised that yet !! i would advise him to watch his videos when he was playing for Stutg ; that might "turn him on "!! :lol:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby machkover » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Lindi33 wrote:A little bit Off-Topic but here I go ..

Had this weird dream about Bayern Beating Basel 4-1 ..
I was late for watching the game and then suddenly I saw Bayern Celebrating the 4 goal..
Damnnn i was soo happyy..
Sooo This is a sign that Bayern Will win the game haha !!

MIA SAN MIA [-o<

like most of you here , i think we are likely to go to the next stage , but i hope we will do it in score and most importantly in STYLE so that we gain back the respect of other teams who started to underestimate us !!
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League