You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
5%
FC Barcelona will win
1%

Total votes : 85

Re: [2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby Borusse » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:52 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:By the way Bayern play Dortmund in the Bundesliga 3 days after they play Barca in the second leg :P

I think that despite the rivalry, neither team cares about that game at this point.

Now I dont but I will care if Real goes to the final. :P
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCB general » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 am

MoFattal wrote:Dante and Lahm are irreplacable members. I pray they don't get carded. It would be a monumental challenge play in the Camp Nou or Wembley without one or both of them.

That's impossible against these cheaters, thieves and pus*ies. I think that one of them will get yellow in the first or second match, maybe both. That would be simply a sensation.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 am

Borusse wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:By the way Bayern play Dortmund in the Bundesliga 3 days after they play Barca in the second leg :P

I think that despite the rivalry, neither team cares about that game at this point.

Now I dont but I will care if Real goes to the final. :P

My bad, I thought that it was after the first leg.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:16 am

The issue is, out of the time we usually have to score goals, against Barcelona we are probably only going to have half of that time. We're simply not going to have control of the ball the rest of the time, which neutralizes our possession-based game. As a consequence, that puts a lot of emphasis on our transition game, which is going to have to be on point if we want to create chances. Our usual build up play from deep is not going to be practicable most of the time. Mourinho and Real have been trying to solve that by playing the long ball, and then practicing full-pressing all over the pitch (mostly in the first half, in the second half they opt for a more cautious and defensive approach). Other than that, we're just going to have to be compact and disciplined defending. And then of course, if you do all of that, there's still the X factor – Lionel Messi. Against him it's going to take a collective effort, tightening up spaces around him and attacking him as soon as he receives the ball. Germany did it in the World-Cup with Mertesacker and Friedrich as CBs, so I don’t share the concerns I've been hearing about van Buyten possibly playing. If you let him make a direct run at your central-defenders, the damage and mistake is already done.

A lot of very interesting and subtly nuanced tactical details are going to be on display in this tie. For example, Barcelona heavily rely on overloading the left flank in order to create spaces for Dani Alves on the right that he likes to attack, being a constant outlet for his team-mates. In whose favor is that going to play out? We have Ribery on the left, who used to be lazy defending, but he's been making steady progress in that regard. At the same time, that kind of tactical move Barcelona have been reliant on for years exposes a lot of unprotected spaces behind Alves, that Ronaldo has been consistently able to explore to his team's advantage in the Barcelona vs. Real matchups.

I don't think there is any team out there right now better equipped to beat Barcelona than Bayern. We've got the physical toughness, we've got the defensive stability, we've got the offensive potency and we've got the blistering form and confidence. We can do it, no doubt about it. I really do feel this is our time.

Oh, and one more thing: set-pieces, set-pieces, set-pieces! That could be their undoing against us.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:59 am

Jorge wrote:Good points but I will be worry with a 2-1 at home, that away goal can hurt us, just look at PSG, they got knocked out on the away goal rule. IMO it is key for Bayern not to concede at home and score away.

Of course 2-1 is not the best result and that means we would have to score in Camp Nou, but I think it's a decent score and I wouldn't be sad with it.

PSG got knocked because of the away goal rule but they could only get a 2-2 draw at home and that would be a worrying result also for us.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby gelodude » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 pm

if we don't allow them to score and we win by 1 or 2 goals at home, we wil have a good chance. but i'm really undecided on this when i consider barca's away defense which is 1.73 goals/game according to statto. Should we open the floodgates and try to outscore them- i don't want to take the risk of giving too much away goals to a team like that? i should just stop over thinking

At the same time, that kind of tactical move Barcelona have been reliant on for years exposes a lot of unprotected spaces behind Alves, that Ronaldo has been consistently able to explore to his team's advantage in the Barcelona vs. Real matchups.

yes we need Ribery to do the same thing even though without the finishing of ronaldo. and i think schweini's long passing will be crucial here and even kroos's to link up with Ribery.
gelodude
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Jorge wrote:Hey easy on me, in context I said that today's Barca plays at that level for some minutes with long intervals of average football, IMO Bayern will have more probabilities of playing a solid 180 min run than they do.

No problem there, man. I'm just saying that even if Barca plays at that top level for the full 180 minutes, we still can end up on the winning side. It will definitely be a much harder task, but with our current team, a "no chance" is a bit too much to take ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:26 pm

MrLinky wrote:so I don’t share the concerns I've been hearing about van Buyten possibly playing.

As a matter of fact, I think that DvB's presence is essential in game. No one reads the game better than him. He's been an oracle this term when it comes to anticipating through balls, which are Barca's core tool to unlock defenses. Him being slow isn't that much of a factor in this game, as Barca will play their usual game of building up from the midfield rather than the counter-attacking plan of Madrid/Dortmund.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm

And article from the past when we beat Barca to enter the finals :-
Scholl sparks Bayern into UEFA Cup final [source]

It also says we broke their unbeaten home record in that season.

Now's the more crucial time to beat them. [-o<
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Bavaria » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I think we do have a good chance, with the loss of last years final we have grew stronger and its obvious that we are lusting over winning everything we can, boatang is doing good and so is dante, but we should be careful on not getting any more yellows, granted Barca are a on top right now, but without messi they are teeth-less.
If we can contain messi as we did when Germany won 4-0 against Argentina in the world cup we have a good chance of making the final, but we have to keep one thing in mind, do not ever underestimate your opponent!
Bavaria
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes but keep in mind that

1- Messi was not as good as he is now
2- He had very little support from his team in the World Cup and that's a totally different story in Barça with Xavi, Iniesta and co

I hope he loses a little bit of his form with this slight injury he had but I think it won't be the case :)

And I don't like DvB to play this game because even though our defensive system has being great so far this season, we could see many situations with Messi or Iniesta 1 on 1 with him and that would be catastrophic IMO. I'll have a very bad feeling if he plays in Camp Nou.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bavaria » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yes but keep in mind that

1- Messi was not as good as he is now
2- He had very little support from his team in the World Cup and that's a totally different story in Barça with Xavi, Iniesta and co

I agree with you to some point, my point was just to contain and isolate him from the pack, remember how he was running around useless in the first leg against AC Milan? they looked helpess.

and yes, messi isnt as good as he was before, Bayern have way more depth than Barca does.
MIA SAN MIA
Bavaria
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 pm

I sense a little over confidence in a lot of people, im not saying its bad but remember Barcelona are still one of the best sides in history and have probably the best player alive. I know Bayern shouldnt go in giving them too much respect and i see that Barcelona have been slowly declining but they had to make some tough comebacks to be where they are now even with their sad excuse for a defense. I believe every player on that team(except Valdez :P) needs to be paid extra attention like Iniesta who is probably Barca's second best player. I have this gut feeling Bayern can/will win decisively in both legs against Barcelona on April 23 and May 1 cause like Juve they play a similar system where there fullbacks play high up the pitch and i feel Robbery can exploit that. And with Muller being the offensive workhorse he can make up for that missing pressure Mandzu would have been putting. They guy doesnt stop playing even if he has to crawl to get the ball ;). With the experience of playing in La Liga Martinez will be a great asset as he has probably seen Barca play so many times its burned into his eyes so his advice will be alot of help in dealing with not just Messi but Barca as a whole.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bavaria » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I sense a little over confidence in a lot of people

A little. but we have improved a lot compared to last year, we are more disciplined , we learn from our mistakes a lot quicker....and we are eager to win! :)
MIA SAN MIA....LETS GO BAYERN!!!!
Bavaria
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Apparently Messi is not in the squad for Barcelona's next match vs Real Zaragoza. Probably resting him for the Champions League games...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League