You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
5%
FC Barcelona will win
1%

Total votes : 85

Re: [2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby vithelo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Jorge wrote:Talking about "bad luck with the referee in key moments"?....................

totally agree, Jorge.. Pique's handball in the area was a clear penalty. In that moment Barcelona had good luck. Also we had good luck with the rest of the unclear handballs, as the referee may interpret penalty in any of them. Said that, IMO it's not the same: a penalty is not a goal, you still have to score. I do not agree that the 2nd and 3rd goals were obvious only in slow motion... at least for me, they were obvious from the first moment!!!.. well.. maybe i'm not the most suited person to judge :) Anyway, not discussing if Barcelona had an overall good luck or bad luck. Just saying that with a little more luck than we actually had, the second leg would be a very very hard challenge instead of a miraculous...
vithelo
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Sooo will you rest the six lads that are a card away from suspension?
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby BayernLove » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Borusse wrote:Congratulations Bayern. After the events of last days I have no desire to support your team ever again. Your club definitely has no intention of having a strong Bundesliga, why the hell should I care about it?

Can't blame a boy for coming back, you have 37 million to spend now, as well! Why the rustled jimmies?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Commodore wrote:Man of the match, hands down, was Dante.

He was solid, and gave the assist for the opener, but apart from that, he actually wasn't tested as much as we expected him to be. One tackle and 2 interceptions over 90 minutes... if you want a defensive hero, it's Martinez and Schweini, who made Dante's life easy.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 pm

Its not about the money boy, its about a principle. Bayern are scumbags, not the team, the people in charge.

Once again, congratulations on destroying Barca.
Last edited by Borusse on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Borusse wrote:Sooo will you rest the six lads that are a card away from suspension?

Definitely not. We will rest at most one player (apart from Gomez), probably none. They will just be careful. I am confident we won't have more than one suspension in the final, hopefully none.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Commodore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:37 pm

quaazi wrote:
Commodore wrote:Man of the match, hands down, was Dante.

He was solid, and gave the assist for the opener, but apart from that, he actually wasn't tested as much as we expected him to be. One tackle and 2 interceptions over 90 minutes... if you want a defensive hero, it's Martinez and Schweini, who made Dante's life easy.

Ahh, good old quaazi. I can't say I didn't miss these debates with you. :D

I don't believe any statistic that I haven't doctored myself. If you go purely by statistics, then yes, Thomas Müller was man of the match (according to whoscored.com anyway). And I'm obviously never going to say that he played badly (or that any of our guys did), but the eyetest can't be expressed statistically. I'll have the game on my HDD in a few hours. I might put in a little screenshot-painting session after the Dortmund match to show the whole extent of Dante's excellence.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Dante (as everyone else) was exceptional last night, but Muller was just from another planet, at least in the game last night.

That kid has so big brain and soul (and balls) that they clearly fulfill every other part that he is not top. A true legend in the making.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Commodore wrote:I don't believe any statistic that I haven't doctored myself. If you go purely by statistics, then yes, Thomas Müller was man of the match (according to whoscored.com anyway). And I'm obviously never going to say that he played badly (or that any of our guys did), but the eyetest can't be expressed statistically. I'll have the game on my HDD in a few hours. I might put in a little screenshot-painting session after the Dortmund match to show the whole extent of Dante's excellence.

Well I didn't really say Dante wasn't excellent, I was merely saying that the majority of Barca's power was negated by the doppelsechs, not the centerbacks. :)
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I don't think Dante's excellence was about negating Barca's power. It was about igniting and fueling ours.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:51 pm

It's really unfair to single out any player for MOTM. Muller was excellent, Dante was incredible especially in controlling Messi, Martinez was amazing... it was the best game of the season for many of our players.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Commodore wrote:I don't think Dante's excellence was about negating Barca's power. It was about igniting and fueling ours.

Actually, that's a good point. His distribution was absolutely excellent, both short and long.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Commodore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:54 pm

But Jorge is right (not a lot has changed in the time I was away it seems). Arguing about who was the best player in what was arguably our best team performance in YEARS, is kind of lame.

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:54 pm

A great read by zonalmarking for those who haven't seen it yet: Link.

A great point in the following (not only because they agree with my MOTM :P):

The game’s key player was Martinez, whose specific task was to stop Iniesta (something he did effectively) but who was more generally used as a powerful destroyer in the centre of the pitch. While a reliable distributor of the ball, Martinez played almost solely a physical role here – no fewer than 20 players attempted more passes than him, but no-one completed more tackles, and he committed twice as many fouls as anyone else.

He was also a presence at attacking transitions, charging forward suddenly to support attacks, as he’d done in the 3-1 victory away at Arsenal. It was that sheer energy and physicality that typified Bayern tonight, and while Martinez rightly remains a less celebrated player than Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets, arguably none of them could have played this all-round role.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Im not sure if Im correct but you pressed Barca in a very interesting way. It looked lik 4-6-0. Defensive midfielders were very high up the pitch, Barca couldnt get through this line. What it also gave you was a possibility for a quick attack with many players involved.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League