You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
5%
FC Barcelona will win
1%

Total votes : 85

Re: [2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby vithelo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi guys!

i'm a Barça supporter and just registered on this forum to congratulate Bayern Munich fans for last nite match. I have to say that it was a shame our bad luck with the referee in key moments: maybe a 2-0 or 3-0 would save some interest to the Camp Nou match. Anyhow, the 4-0, or even more, was totally deserved. Seeing Ribery and Robben working hard on defensive tasks, it remembered me Barcelona maybe 5-6 years ago, when they started to grow. That is the key thing: commitment. If this commitment comes along with talent and players in good shape, you will have plenty of things to celebrate!

I'm a weird Barcelona fan: tonight i'll support Real Madrid since i do not like Klopp nor Dormunt, but I'll support you in Wembley. With your talented players, if you keep the same commitment, you are totally able to beat Real Madrid -as you always do, but please, this time no less than 5-0..-

We'll wait you next week to spend a comfortable night in Barcelona. We do like good football, so I'm sure the Camp Nou will appreciate how great is your team and your project for the coming years.
vithelo
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Btw I read somewhere yesterday that Alaba, Boateng and Dante all won 100% of their challenges. Can anyone confirm?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:25 pm

quaazi wrote:The man who most people can agree was man of the match yesterday - Müller - had 57% passing accuracy. The second-worst passing accuracy on both teams - goalkeepers notwithstanding - was Gomez with 80%. Tiki taka my arse - Müller's insane style of play wins out in the end. What a menace that guy is!

Agree on that. BTW yesterday he played some minutes as a great false 9.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:28 pm

vithelo wrote:I have to say that it was a shame our bad luck with the referee in key moments

If you extract this sentence from your post you are as good as Bayern was last night :mrgreen: . True that the referee might have cancelled our 2nd goal for offside and our 3rd for obstruction but those were obvious calls only in slow motion replay. At the speed of the game in real time Gomez looked in line with the defenders and Muller's obstruction looked more than both players running onto each other and Robben breaking free next to the collision.
But I am interested in hearing what you think about the obvious calls for intentional handballs in the area, the 2nd one (I think it was Sanchez) IMO goes on the same category as the two above: hard to see in real time and the ball flying away across the area but Pique's handball from all angles at any time was a clear penalty: he uses his arm to deflect the trajectory of a shot on goal, it is a penalty the size of the Nou Camp that was not called.

Talking about "bad luck with the referee in key moments"?....................
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:29 pm

Barca getting ready for the Final:

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:31 pm

This is such a great moment because of all the build up it took. I recall that during the first season I began watching football and Bayern seriously, we got stuffed at the Camp Nou 4-0. Back then, it seemed inconceivable that we would ever even have a chance to compete against Barcelona. It took numerous signings, several manager changes, many victories and several bitter memories to reach this moment, but we finally made it. I recall people used to tell me, "Why do you support Bayern? They're shit!" and I used to shrug them off. Today at school, every single person was raving about how we were the best team in Europe. It's been a long journey, but it's not over yet. A few ill-timed suspensions could screw us over for a potential final, so we need to be careful. Anyways, I just watched the best Bayern match of my life, and I'm sure you did too. Let's hope an even better one awaits us on Wednesday and on May 25, hopefully.
I leave you with this.
Spoiler: show
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AvatarX » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:34 pm

AssemFCB wrote:Anyways, I just watched the best Bayern match of my life, and I'm sure you did too.

I go way back to say that, but I can agree it was the best match in the last decade or so.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

It is certainly right up there among the best ever.

One thing I noted is that the Barca players/staff were so respectful in their post-match interviews. Messi declaring that we were a "much stronger" and stating that he actually was fit to play the game was a great thing to hear. Even Pique, when asked about the referee, said that the referee didn't have any impact on the deserved final result.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BayernLove » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Went on BarcaForum to join, maybe have a decent discussion.
But the things they were posting... My god were they mad and deluded.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Definitely. The respectful comments made by the Barca players/staff is no where near the ignorant comments being made by their fans.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:01 pm

Also, why did Vilanova bench Pique and start with that egg?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Congratulations Bayern. After the events of last days I have no desire to support your team ever again. Your club definitely has no intention of having a strong Bundesliga, why the hell should I care about it?

But you did give a lesson of football to Barcelona. Better in every way. Only thing Guardiola can do to this side is to make it worse or keep it at that level. Playing better than you are playing now is a utopia.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Commodore » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 pm

quaazi wrote:The man who most people can agree was man of the match yesterday - Müller - had 57% passing accuracy. The second-worst passing accuracy on both teams - goalkeepers notwithstanding - was Gomez with 80%. Tiki taka my arse - Müller's insane style of play wins out in the end. What a menace that guy is!

Man of the match, hands down, was Dante.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Borusse » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Man of the match, hands down, was Muller and only Muller. I have up-most respect for this player. Oldschool genius.
Last edited by Borusse on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Martinez is a close call also. That man-to-man played on Iniesta was a tactical beauty.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League