You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
5%
FC Barcelona will win
1%

Total votes : 85

Re: [2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby chabum » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:In my opinion Barca play a similar formation to Juve because Alba and Alves cant really be called defenders there job is to be involved in the attack just as much as the wingers.

Approved
chabum
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:29 pm

The best thing is that they suck in corner kicks and also they suck defending them =P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:The best thing is that they suck in corner kicks and also they suck defending them =P~

Finally a team thats as bad at set pieces as Bayern :D
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Af739 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 am

Barca isnt The same team we were two years ago. Our defense is completely useless, and unless they overachieve, i can see you guys dropping 2+ on us in Allianz ( yes its that bad ). A tie in your stadium would be a fantastic result for us as we tend to play better at home. That said, i cant wait for this matchup. Ive been waiting to see us play this bayern team for quite some time now. If we lose, ill root for your team to win
Af739
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:04 am

Do Barcelona have any players one YC away from suspension?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Af739 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:10 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Do Barcelona have any players one YC away from suspension?

Only player that got carded last game was adriano, and i doubt hell play against you guys. Hes a liabilty at CB plus he got injured that game
Af739
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Nember » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:17 am

Pique, Alba and Song are one card away from suspension, Adriano is suspended for the first leg.
Nember
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:25 am

I will 75% go to Camp Nou to see the second leg :D :D :D :D :D :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Nember » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:30 am

I really hope it'll work out for me, too. Camp Nou, Barca vs. Bayern with these fantastic players is more or less a once in a lifetime chance.
Unfortunately I'm only member for a few years now, decreases the probability to be lucky. Do you know how many tickets there will be available for Munich fans?
Nember
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Af739 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

Nember wrote:Pique, Alba and Song are one card away from suspension, Adriano is suspended for the first leg.

True, i checked bad sources
Af739
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Jorge » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that we have better chances of beating Barça without Kroos. I can't see us owning them in terms of possession and playing our game in their half. We need more speed because we will have more space when we regain the ball possession. Kroos would have been hugely missed if we had played against Real Madrid IMO

Lahm and Dante being just 1 booking away from suspension really worries me :|

I'd like to see Pizarro in this game unless Gomez regains his monster form of last season miraculously.

I hope Boateng plays this game because instead DvB

Robben will have to track back because Jordi Alba has great stamina and he is extremely fast

I think we can get a decent score at home (2-1) and then we will see a great game in Camp Nou with Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic and Müller having lots of space. And you don't see that very often =P~

Good points but I will be worry with a 2-1 at home, that away goal can hurt us, just look at PSG, they got knocked out on the away goal rule. IMO it is key for Bayern not to concede at home and score away.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:38 am

MoFattal wrote:@Jorge you raise some great points in your discussion, and I agree with most of the. But to say that if Barca brings along their best game then we have no chance is a bit of understating our capabilities. A 2 years older Barca would have definitelt been a tougher nut to crack, but we are currently as much a a tough nut to crack as they were back then.

Hey easy on me, in context I said that today's Barca plays at that level for some minutes with long intervals of average football, IMO Bayern will have more probabilities of playing a solid 180 min run than they do.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 am

Firefox1234 wrote:By the way Bayern play Dortmund in the Bundesliga 3 days after they play Barca in the second leg :P

I think that despite the rivalry, neither team cares about that game at this point.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby lau03143 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:23 am

samaj wrote:Am I the only one who is really annoyed because Lahm, and Dante are one yellow card away from not playing. Its gonna be either the semi or the final, and we need Full squad for all the games from now on

I'm not annoyed, that's just football. These things happen.

We got to live with it, and that's why we improved our squad in the summer so that the quality gap isn't as great. But yes, it will be sore to loose anyone from the squad.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby envagyokazapad » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 am

Jorge wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:I think that we have better chances of beating Barça without Kroos. I can't see us owning them in terms of possession and playing our game in their half. We need more speed because we will have more space when we regain the ball possession. Kroos would have been hugely missed if we had played against Real Madrid IMO

Lahm and Dante being just 1 booking away from suspension really worries me :|

I'd like to see Pizarro in this game unless Gomez regains his monster form of last season miraculously.

I hope Boateng plays this game because instead DvB

Robben will have to track back because Jordi Alba has great stamina and he is extremely fast

I think we can get a decent score at home (2-1) and then we will see a great game in Camp Nou with Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic and Müller having lots of space. And you don't see that very often =P~

Good points but I will be worry with a 2-1 at home, that away goal can hurt us, just look at PSG, they got knocked out on the away goal rule. IMO it is key for Bayern not to concede at home and score away.

Ideally, of course we wouldn't take a goal at home, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen. There's no way we can keep Barca completely quiet. So I'd say we'll have to score 3 at home in the first leg. 3-1 would be a good result. If we can keep a clean sheet and win like 2-0, I'm pretty sure we are through...but I can't see that happening right now. It's going to be really tough.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League