You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
94%
It will end in a draw
5%
FC Barcelona will win
1%

Total votes : 85

Re: [2013-04-23] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby SchwanMunich » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Robb3449 wrote:I love it! This is the test that a lot of Bayern's fans have been waiting for: to take down the mighty Barca. It sure as hell won't be easy but we have all the necessary tools to advance. CAN'T WAIT!!!

This is exactly what I am thinking. Time to be the worlds best and show everyone how great this Munich team really is. I have been hoping for us to meet them for a couple years now and it couldn't have come at a better time. We are on the up and they are on the down. Its anyone's tie and its going to be a cracking semifinal.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby silberkreuz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Alright Gentlemen, this is it.
This is the draw I wanted. Our opportunity to truly prove that we've moved forward, that we're the new best team in the world.
This has the opportunity to be the greatest season in the clubs history.
If we win this, imagine the scene:
We beat a team from England, we beat a team from Italy, we beat the best team in the world from Spain.
And then we beat Dortmund in the final in Wembley.
Imagine it. It's the stuff of dreams and it is definitely within our reach.
Come on!
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JJJ » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Looking forward to damn crazy sweat for 180 minutes and then promise to do all my homework if Bayern wins, but then you all know how it actually works out. :mrgreen:
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AdepT » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Here's another survey result : almost 5200 people

They surely respect us if not fear

As much as they're expecting Messi to do some magic, this'll be the first time Mueller will be up against Barca. So there's our X-Factor. 8)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernLove » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:01 pm

AdepT wrote:5. Messi has not lost against a German club having won 6.

Something similar happened earlier this year with an Italian, I think...
Someone remind me?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

God, thank You! [-o<

Finally we're going to show what we know with a great opponent, no... with the best opponent that we can get. =D>

If we win and get into the finals, we are going to win CL, it's impossible to lose again.

Why? Because every club in last few years which have won against Barca in K.O. stage also won this competition. 2010 - Inter, 2012 - Chelsea. Quite enough to conclude.

They have an advantage over us because of that monster named Messi, but the rest of the things aren't too much different.

We have far better GK and defensive line, midfield is great as their, as well as attack where Messi is the only man who makes everything different. We have Rib, Rob, Müller, Shaqiri, Pizarro, Gomez, Mandžukić(in the 2nd leg).

I think we can compete with them, specially in air duels, where we are superior than smaller Barca players.

This is just what I wanted so badly. I didn't want Real because 2 seasons in row in semi-finals reminds me on 2000/01 and 2001/02 where we were kick them out and took that trophy and next year they did the same after they win against us.

Dortmund? It would be fantastic to pay back for disgrace in the last 2 years in Germany.

But this is the best way to get a clear picture of the quality of our current squad, where are we right now and what we can see and expect after this short Heynckes era.

The only minus will be Toni Kroos. It's just what will miss us in the midfield and attacking action. Such a shame...

I think we can get this if we win the first game in Allianz Arena.

God bless us! [-o<
Last edited by FCB general on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCB general » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:32 pm

I really don't have anything against this solution. Derby in one game. :mrgreen:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Chalant » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:48 pm

One of the reasons I believe we won in Turin is Juventus's insistense on using a back three. This combination made Robbem appear more lethal than he actually is.Our chances at goal also were more dangerous because of this very reason. I would prefer if Robben get dropped, but unfortunately Kroos is injured, and Shaqiri can't step up to his level yet. This will be the likliest formation

Of course the dangerous player is Messi. To stop him, co-ordination is required within our defense and Neuer, and I dont think that DvB is upto this (mainly bcoz of his speed). Other than that, however, they are unconvincing. Xavi and Iniesta dont look their lethal best.

Our worst enemy is our own poor finishing in this match. Gomez has a knack of choking as we all know, so I am worried here.

I think we will go through by a single goal margin.
Emre CAN do it.
Chalant
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby krkla » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:17 pm

I'm so excited for this one, and for the first time in many years i do believe we can win this one.. And i'm going to Allianz Arena and watch the 1st leg :D
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MoFattal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Chalant wrote:One of the reasons I believe we won in Turin is Juventus's insistense on using a back three. This combination made Robbem appear more lethal than he actually is.Our chances at goal also were more dangerous because of this very reason.

That was one of the reasons, yeah. However, Barca's 4-3-3 is even better suited for Robben to cause chaos in their defensive end. Alba and Alvez serve more as wing-backs than fullbacks and that would leave the entire area behind the midfield exposed for Robbery to take advantage of. Juve's 3-5-2 can become a 2-5-3 in case this happens. Of course, key will be to dispossess Barca and play the ball forward to our wingers. Bastian's and Martinez' roles are vital in this regards.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby samaj » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Am I the only one who is really annoyed because Lahm, and Dante are one yellow card away from not playing. Its gonna be either the semi or the final, and we need Full squad for all the games from now on
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Dante and Lahm are irreplacable members. I pray they don't get carded. It would be a monumental challenge play in the Camp Nou or Wembley without one or both of them.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 pm

In my opinion Barca play a similar formation to Juve because Alba and Alves cant really be called defenders there job is to be involved in the attack just as much as the wingers.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 pm

I think that we have better chances of beating Barça without Kroos. I can't see us owning them in terms of possession and playing our game in their half. We need more speed because we will have more space when we regain the ball possession. Kroos would have been hugely missed if we had played against Real Madrid IMO

Lahm and Dante being just 1 booking away from suspension really worries me :|

I'd like to see Pizarro in this game unless Gomez regains his monster form of last season miraculously.

I hope Boateng plays this game because instead DvB

Robben will have to track back because Jordi Alba has great stamina and he is extremely fast

I think we can get a decent score at home (2-1) and then we will see a great game in Camp Nou with Robben, Ribery, Mandzukic and Müller having lots of space. And you don't see that very often =P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Nember » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 pm

I am really happy with the draw. In this stage of the tournament and the 4 teams still in this tournament, there are no easy opponents.
I wished for Real actually and certainly didn't want to play against Dortmund (until the final).
Besides, we still got a bill from 2009 to repay to Barca.
I'd say, only FCB is capable to beat FCB in two games this season. Vice versa.
It doesn't get any harder and with probably at least one of Dante/Lahm missing in the second leg, a solid result in first leg is crucial.

Question: does anybody know, how many away cards Barcelona is giving away for Munich fans? Because they stopped the possibility of ordering already for the second leg with "only" 10000 ticket requests, which is really less giving the usual state of 3 to 4 times the numbers of orders compared to the available cards. So does anybody know a number?
Nember
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League