You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby MUTU » Mon May 11, 2015 1:56 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Yep, that's why I don't have any hope for this match and that's the reason why we went desperately for a goal at Camp Nou.

The ironic part is that despite going desperately for a goal, we failed to muster a single shot at goal. We'll need to improve a lot in this aspect if we are to at least win this match by any score.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon May 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Kicker's prediction:

Basically Götze in the place of Schweinsteiger to give more stability to the wings.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Mon May 11, 2015 3:54 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Neuer and Thiago miss the final training. Precaution. :shock: Almost got a heart-attack.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Neuer already received treatment during the Augsburg game. Not good.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MillaMjau » Mon May 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Was something wrong with his ankle? Haven't seen any mention of it. But his knee is still taped. PANIC.

Maybe this is all mindgames again.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Abc456 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:01 pm

Pep will play with the same tactics and a routine 3-0 loss for bayern munich . I don't care about the loss just play on the counter and throw this useless possession away.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby dstroe » Mon May 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Abc456 wrote:Pep will play with the same tactics and a routine 3-0 loss for bayern munich . I don't care about the loss just play on the counter and throw this useless possession away.

The time to counter has already passed. Barcelona has nothing to lose by just sitting back and doing nothing. 3-0 down on aggregate means that we have to be the aggressors but we have to be smart about it. If we are not intelligent in going forward and keeping our shape and discipline this could easily be another embarrassing 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 type loss.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Mon May 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Personally I still can see possibility that Bayern will do some miracle tomorrow, the only problem is Pep himself. I think he had a lot of time to prepare players for the game (whoever he has available) so during the game he should sit on the bench and watch the game, he won't change the outcome. His yelling, commands, constant talking to players, gestures, showing them where they should be on the pitch and so on must be very distracting and I think he confuses them in many instances. So the guy should sit quietly and watch, maybe he will see something new - smart guys playing football, there is also possibility that he will learn something new himself.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 pm

dstroe wrote:
Abc456 wrote:Pep will play with the same tactics and a routine 3-0 loss for bayern munich . I don't care about the loss just play on the counter and throw this useless possession away.

The time to counter has already passed. Barcelona has nothing to lose by just sitting back and doing nothing. 3-0 down on aggregate means that we have to be the aggressors but we have to be smart about it. If we are not intelligent in going forward and keeping our shape and discipline this could easily be another embarrassing 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 type loss.

That's the problem: It will take more than a miracle to win this game.
1) If Bayern sits back waiting for Barca they will pass the ball side to side and there won't be enough numbers to press high while they can send vertical penetrating passes for their strikers and it will take only one to put the game away. At that point Bayern will be against them and the clock.
2) If Bayern attacks with numbers you will see again our defensive line going higher giving space behind their backs and that will be even more Barcelona's game.
The only way Bayern has to win this game is playing dirty, specially in midfield and being lethal on attack, two things that look very improbable based on the poor shape of our players and the bulky scoreline to overcome. If we are lucky we will win by one goal, most likely we will lose again and it will be a super-miracle worth of keeping Guardiola for the next decade if we turn this around.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Machiavellico » Mon May 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Jorge wrote:
dstroe wrote:

The only way Bayern has to win this game is playing dirty, specially in midfield and being lethal on attack, two things that look very improbable based on the poor shape of our players and the bulky scoreline to overcome. If we are lucky we will win by one goal, most likely we will lose again and it will be a super-miracle worth of keeping Guardiola for the next decade if we turn this around.

With what players? Lahm can't play dirty, Xabi gets a red even if he thinks about that, Schweinsteiger, yeah, maybe, but it doesn't look like he will start and Thiago might be the one getting an injury if he tried to inflict one. You must have the right players if you wish to attempt an Atletico playing style. Our players possess too much finesse for such disgusting, yet effective at times, things.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon May 11, 2015 9:36 pm

MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby nm462272 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:39 pm

Bring Jupp down to the pitch for old time's sake!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Mon May 11, 2015 9:59 pm

The chancellor will be there? That's a good omen. I think Germany hasn't lost a game when she was in the audience.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DerKaiser » Mon May 11, 2015 10:35 pm

The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
Jorge wrote:
dstroe wrote:

With what players? Lahm can't play dirty, Xabi gets a red even if he thinks about that, Schweinsteiger, yeah, maybe, but it doesn't look like he will start and Thiago might be the one getting an injury if he tried to inflict one. You must have the right players if you wish to attempt an Atletico playing style. Our players possess too much finesse for such disgusting, yet effective at times, things.

We did it in 2013: Bastian and Martinez can do it if they were in form. If you read my comment again I said: our players are not in the best shape to try it but against Barca you need to put finesse aside and play the Italian way. Add to your reasons (basically not contradicting me) that Guardiola will never play like that.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League