You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby tflags » Sun May 10, 2015 1:09 pm

MoFattal wrote:Nah T, those are the serious options. We want to evaluate the silly ones ;)

I know man. But Pep has a steep slope to climb and I'm afraid people just don't realize changing coaches will only help in one small matter when in fact the team has a multitude of issues.

The DM is old. Plain old. What happens with Lahm, Alonso and Bastian after the summer is everyone's guess. That is a big :?: if you ask me. I simply don't want to see tired Lahm or confused Basti or dispossessed Alonso ever again. Problem is, those three carry a lot more weight than passing the ball around. They can't be sold outright.

Then there's fullback issue. Rafinha needs to be upgraded, Bernat needs to learn how to shoot and Alaba needs to stay healthy.

Then there's the second striker aka super sub which the team simply doesn't have.

If you haven't had a heart attack yet we need to talk about three transfer season expensive Robbery. The replacement for either one can set you back ten years finance wise.

So when people start talking about replacing the coach I keep looking at this roster and the issues that the team has and realize how would have another coach coped with this situation.

Whoever sits on the iron throne next season ain't gonna have a smooth ride if you don't fix these issues first. That's the issue that needs solving, not our cup winning possession stats or lack of attacking stats without wingers.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SchwanMunich » Sun May 10, 2015 2:12 pm

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying.....these players look very bad due to poor tactical system.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 10, 2015 2:19 pm

I definitely agree with you on this point. The issue with Pep, for me at least, is basically his contract duration. The squad needs rebuilding, there is no doubt about it. It might have come two years late to figure it out, but now it is crystal clear. If Pep is to be the base of this rebuilding, then he needs to stay for a longer period. This is because Pep is a unique coach with unique ideas. He has a certain set of players in mind who could very well adapt to his style much better than the more "conventional" coaches (Thiago as a main example). Any new acquisitions we need to get now will be based on Pep's philosophy, and for it to sustain he needs to stay beyond next season. Pep needs his "Neymar" and not his "Gotze". To do that for him, he needs to have a long-term commitment with the club. Unless he extends, the club will continue to look for the Gotzes out there because they are the ones who have a higher chance of fitting better with a new Jupp-style coach. That's why, for me, it is either extend or leave this summer with no hard feelings. We need the rebuilding to start this summer, but the foundations upon which it will be built are yet to be defined.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Machiavellico » Sun May 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Now the question would be: should the club wish to begin reconstruction having at its centre a style which has become to be understood by more and more coaches? The German, combative and direct style has survived since long times ago, and will do so for years to come because of its unpredictability, whereas there are more and more solutions as to how to deal with the possession game. Look at what Spain did at last year's World Cup.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Romania

Postby tflags » Sun May 10, 2015 3:21 pm

MoFattal wrote:I definitely agree with you on this point. The issue with Pep, for me at least, is basically his contract duration. The squad needs rebuilding, there is no doubt about it. It might have come two years late to figure it out, but now it is crystal clear. If Pep is to be the base of this rebuilding, then he needs to stay for a longer period. .

Indeed. Problem is, he's not staying beyond 2016. Think about it, if he doesn't win his last target yet, he'll be a disappointment however grave you want to scale that. If he does win it, he will realize he will need another two to three years to do it again. Fact of the matter is this team, these followers and even this forum consider the Bundesliga a given, the Pokal as the gratuitous but mandatory sex scene and the CL as the cake on a wedding that costs 17 big ones a year. Nothing less than the girl, the chase and the bad guy will do on this flick.

There are other issues. The team might just a well give up on him half way through 2016 when God forbid Dante runs too slow or Messi decides to remember he has never EVER been more ashamed than in Munich 2013 and he opts for revenge.

Then there's the issue that Bayern fixes one wing, trusts Robben on the other, and do a double Pirlo in midfield only to find Kaka at the end of next season. Basically, what happens if he doesn't get the right players? His choices has been pretty damn good, the team's have been pretty bad.

So however you want to put it, next season will most likely be either Pep's CL or he doesn't finish it at all. Either way, he's not riding the A8 in 2017 so whatever needs to be done, this summer's transfer window is the key for a team whose time is about to run out; not the coache's. We all knew this marriage had a pre nup and he wasn't the staying type.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Sun May 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Mathieu resumed team training today and will likely start against Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Mark Clattenburg (ENG) will be the referee. [source]
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 10, 2015 5:45 pm

tflags wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Nah T, those are the serious options. We want to evaluate the silly ones ;)

I know man. But Pep has a steep slope to climb and I'm afraid people just don't realize changing coaches will only help in one small matter when in fact the team has a multitude of issues.

The DM is old. Plain old. What happens with Lahm, Alonso and Bastian after the summer is everyone's guess. That is a big :?: if you ask me. I simply don't want to see tired Lahm or confused Basti or dispossessed Alonso ever again. Problem is, those three carry a lot more weight than passing the ball around. They can't be sold outright.

Then there's fullback issue. Rafinha needs to be upgraded, Bernat needs to learn how to shoot and Alaba needs to stay healthy.

Then there's the second striker aka super sub which the team simply doesn't have.

If you haven't had a heart attack yet we need to talk about three transfer season expensive Robbery. The replacement for either one can set you back ten years finance wise.

So when people start talking about replacing the coach I keep looking at this roster and the issues that the team has and realize how would have another coach coped with this situation.

Whoever sits on the iron throne next season ain't gonna have a smooth ride if you don't fix these issues first. That's the issue that needs solving, not our cup winning possession stats or lack of attacking stats without wingers.

I agree with everything you said, but I don't think it any way reflects what Mo and I are saying, i.e. that there is a problem with motivation.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon May 11, 2015 1:02 am

For this match, I want to see the same lineup from the 6-1 against Porto. Of course, Benatia in replace of Badstuber who is injured. If this lineup success in last champions league home game, why not, try with this again.

Schweinsteiger first option for substitution in second half, especially Alonso when he gets his yellow card...
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby rthebest » Mon May 11, 2015 5:51 am

ramsej84 wrote:I want to see Mitchell Weiser in this one... No Alonso and Goetze of course... and Lahm RB OK I dream too much I know.

I think in the midfield Alonso played better that Lahm, Schweinsteiger, and Thiago. To be honest I don't want to see Basti. He has been playing poorly in the recent matches. Lahm playing RB I agree with you but I think he doesn't want to play as right back anymore.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby dambun » Mon May 11, 2015 8:01 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
tflags wrote:I wonder what would have happened if Barcelona played Bayern without Neymar and Suarez. Hell, a half fit Messi got shred to pieces in 2013 and they were running with a full squad. God these blind expectations are f*cking turning me mad.

While I agree with you, it does seem to have happened in both this season and last season that the players start thinking the season is over as soon as they win the league. That's a big problem if we ever want to win the CL and it needs to be solved.

MoFattal wrote:Exactly. I thought we should have learned from our mistakes last season, but almost the same thing happened now: a run of poor domestic performances and a big loss in a CL semi-final. Last season there was also the World Cup as a factor which might have had some effect on those performances, but there is nothing going on this summer which makes the similar situation more alarming.

Nahhh!! It's not like that this season!!!!

Our team, right now, has a lot of players out injured... many of the ones playing, have been out for quite a long time, and are not up to 100% fitness, and they are playing every 3-4 days (but they don't have the stamina for that)... It's no surprise that the team is physically exhausted...

Our form did not fall like last year...we were still playing great football until before the game vs. Leverkusen... The only recognizable pattern in our matches is that our team tends to fall asleep in the second halves of almost every match, around 70th min or so... that's a clear sign of this team being out of its depth in terms of physical power!

It's not like we lost motivation because of the league... we are in bad physical conditions!
Not only the number of injuries, but also the distribution of those injuries has been very unlucky for us this season.... We do not have a single explosive attacking player for a long time now!

Last year's disastrous dropout and this year's heavy defeat in the CL semi are two very different stories, with very different reasons, even though the similarity of the results suggests otherwise!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby ramsej84 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 am

Breaking news;
Tomorrow the team will be lead by M.Neuer, P.Lahm, B.Schweinsteiger and T.Mueller (player coaches)
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Mon May 11, 2015 11:31 am

yeah... plus Gaudino and Sinan Kurt....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Mon May 11, 2015 1:39 pm

MillaMjau wrote:
Mark Clattenburg (ENG) will be the referee. [source]

He refereed 2 Bayern matches so far, both home: the 2-0 against Juventus 2 years ago and the 7-0 against Basel the previous season.

On average, Bayern scored 4.5 goals and conceded 0 with Clattenburg as ref :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon May 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Yep, that's why I don't have any hope for this match and that's the reason why we went desperately for a goal at Camp Nou. Because a 2-0 would be almost the same IMO. This team cannot score 3 goals against Barça.

It's not only about the injured players. We have guys like Schweinsteiger or Lahm that had sever injuries before, and they are now in a very poor form.

I read some users here wanting to see the Javi Martinez - Schweini duo, with Lahm as RB and so on.

Javi just came from a 9 month injury.
Schweinsteiger is in a very poor form and the same goes for Lahm. I don't think he is fit enough to play RB against Neymar.

So I understand that some trolls from other forums laugh at us because we lost 3-0 against Barça, but what I really don't understand is how some real Bayern fans that know everything about the team can't realize this.

I really doubt there's a coach in the world that could do a better job with our current team than Pep. So you can blame Pep for all this injuries (even though most of them are not muscular injuries) but blaming him for not winning CL with this current squad is just crazy

I still remember how great this team was even with Thiago, Schweinsteiger, RIbery and Javi Martinez injured. So even with 4 key players injured we were putting some big performances at the early stages of the season. That 1-7 in Rome was a great example of it.

But everytime that Pep finds a solution for the team, a new key player gets injured. It happened with Ribery, with Thiago, with Javi, with Alaba, with Robben...... always the same.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League