You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby prasun77 » Sat May 09, 2015 5:45 pm

zamir92 wrote:Goallllll !!!!!

ahh..my ears are so desperate to hear this once again!Its seems like its been ages..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat May 09, 2015 7:14 pm

It's looking increasingly unlikely that we'd even win this match, let alone qualify.

Barcelona have won 2-0 against Real Sociedad through Neymar (51') and Pedro (86').

Lineup: Bravo, Pique, Bartra (62' Busquets), Adriano, Alves, Xavi (74' Iniesta), Rafinha (82' Pedro), Mascherano, Suarez, Messi, Neymar.

Basically they rested ter Stegen, Rakitic and Alba, while Busquets and Iniesta started on the bench.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Sat May 09, 2015 7:19 pm

I'm fearing another big scoreline. I hope we show up and give a decent game, because if we play like we did today then it is going to be an embarrassment. Our guys seem to have entered summer mode already.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MillaMjau » Sat May 09, 2015 9:04 pm

MUTU wrote:It's looking increasingly unlikely that we'd even win this match, let alone qualify.

Barcelona have won 2-0 against Real Sociedad through Neymar (51') and Pedro (86').

Lineup: Bravo, Pique, Bartra (62' Busquets), Adriano, Alves, Xavi (74' Iniesta), Rafinha (82' Pedro), Mascherano, Suarez, Messi, Neymar.

Basically they rested ter Stegen, Rakitic and Alba, while Busquets and Iniesta started on the bench.

Has ter Stegen played any of the league matches? Not that it matters, though.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby tflags » Sat May 09, 2015 9:57 pm

I wonder what would have happened if Barcelona played Bayern without Neymar and Suarez. Hell, a half fit Messi got shred to pieces in 2013 and they were running with a full squad. God these blind expectations are f*cking turning me mad.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby arathad » Sat May 09, 2015 11:42 pm

RedQueen wrote:
Prasun77 wrote:Pep already looks as if he has accepted defeat!

Exactly my feelings. I'm with MUTU there; I can't stand hearing anything about "unstoppable Messi" anymore. Others have stopped him, stop folding at the mere mention of his name. How can you possibly win with such an attitude? Worse, how can you go around preaching to your players that Messi is unstoppable, the very players that have stopped him several times before?

If we go out, hopefully it will be a healthy wake-up call.

Isn't it ''unstoppable messi" owned by ribery in this video at 00:42 ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmRW-wU-u9A
arathad
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby dstroe » Sun May 10, 2015 12:13 am

MUTU wrote:It's looking increasingly unlikely that we'd even win this match, let alone qualify.

I watched the second half of the game and personally I didnt think they looked all that impressive. Real Sociedad gave their defense fits throughout the match but were unable to finish any of their chances. If we have a perfect game I don't see why we couldn't put a couple past that defense. Maybe Im just way too optimistic.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 am

tflags wrote:I wonder what would have happened if Barcelona played Bayern without Neymar and Suarez. Hell, a half fit Messi got shred to pieces in 2013 and they were running with a full squad. God these blind expectations are f*cking turning me mad.

While I agree with you, it does seem to have happened in both this season and last season that the players start thinking the season is over as soon as they win the league. That's a big problem if we ever want to win the CL and it needs to be solved.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 10, 2015 11:16 am

Exactly. I thought we should have learned from our mistakes last season, but almost the same thing happened now: a run of poor domestic performances and a big loss in a CL semi-final. Last season there was also the World Cup as a factor which might have had some effect on those performances, but there is nothing going on this summer which makes the similar situation more alarming.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby quaazi » Sun May 10, 2015 11:20 am

I sincerely doubt that the league was an issue this time around. We had poor away performances in the CL when Wolfsburg still trailed us.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

MoFattal wrote:Exactly. I thought we should have learned from our mistakes last season, but almost the same thing happened now: a run of poor domestic performances and a big loss in a CL semi-final. Last season there was also the World Cup as a factor which might have had some effect on those performances, but there is nothing going on this summer which makes the similar situation more alarming.

Not to mention we even got eliminated in the Cup this season. Perhaps it's just exhaustion as a result of too many injuries and the World Cup last summer. We can't deny we've had a better post-WC season than we've had in a long time. But I see a lack of passion in most games.

tflags' comment brought it to mind because he mentioned expectations. I agree with him and everyone knows I am completely against expecting anyone to win the CL, it is something you can aim to do well in but not to win it because too many factors are involved in that. But I'm starting to wonder whether the club's mantra of "our only goal is the Bundesliga" is backfiring.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 10, 2015 11:28 am

quaazi wrote:I sincerely doubt that the league was an issue this time around. We had poor away performances in the CL when Wolfsburg still trailed us.

That's right. CL away performances hasn't been good since last year, but the poor domestic performances were great right until we secured the league. After that, it went straight down as it happened last year. The "mission accomplished" tag has surely played its role, naturally, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't end up on the winning side anyway. In much more meaningless friendlies we end up fighting for the win, so that doesn't explain to me why the sudden slackness. We didn't learn from our mistakes, and this time around it costed us a trophy (Pokal).
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 am

For me it's enough to see what happened once we conceded against both Dortmund and Barca. The players just gave up, no passion at all, even though both games were from over. And we ended up getting eliminated from one cup and probably from another come Tuesday.

I didn't watch yesterday's game, but from what I've read it seems that we lacked passion again.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Sun May 10, 2015 12:15 pm

MoFattal wrote:Exactly. I thought we should have learned from our mistakes last season, but almost the same thing happened now: a run of poor domestic performances and a big loss in a CL semi-final. Last season there was also the World Cup as a factor which might have had some effect on those performances, but there is nothing going on this summer which makes the similar situation more alarming.

Solutions then,

A. Do not win the league. At least not in record time again please. God it is such a bummer.
B. Do not win the WC during the summer. God that pathetic throphy.
C. Fire the 40 year olds from midfield. God those pathetic fools.
D. Do not play Thiago, Badman and Robben until May. God forbid Götze might make up for them.

:wink:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Nah T, those are the serious options. We want to evaluate the silly ones ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League