You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby Abc456 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:48 am

I don't want Messi and Ronaldo to come to Bayern and as already said by people we most likely won't be spending anymore than $40m for a player but we need quality replacements . Our youth team was exposed in the uefa youth league and shows that the players are not bayern material at the moment.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 15, 2015 7:02 am

I think that I read the same shit about our defense all the time. Even with JUPP our defense was criticised from time to time. Go and check BATE's thread and laugh. I did.

Jorge wrote:I can't think of a team that did not have key players injured; but I get your point: if you give Pep Guardiola a perfect team he will win.

Can you tell me which team had a similar injury crisis this season?

Injuries happen to all teams. That shouldn't be an excuse. BUT what happened to us this season is on a whole different level. Everytime Pep found a solution, a new key player fell. We started with 3 at the back with Javi Martinez as the leader of the defense and we were all loving that. But in the first game of the new season he got injured for 9 months. Perfect. Added to that Thiago and Schweinsteiger received setbacks from their injuries and missed most of the first half of the season. Badstuber was recovering his old form and he also was injured for the whole year. Not to mention that Ribery was getting in and out of injuries all the time too.

So even with this crazy injury plagued season we were BL leaders, we qualified for the next round of the DFB Cup and we comfortably won a tough CL group with some beautiful performances such as that 1-7 in Rome.

Then the winter break came and we were all happy because our first half of the season was great and we were going to have an almost full squad again but things started to get difficult again when Alaba and Lahm sustained long term injuries too.

And when we thought that nothing could get worse than that, the guy who is arguably our best player (Robben) sustained a new injury that will keep him sidelined for the rest of the season.

And most of the players that came back from injuries got injured again (Alaba, Robben, Badstuber...) or were in a very poor form because of them (Lahm, Schweinsteiger)

And of course I'm omitting minor injuries that a lot of our players also had and the Polish Zorro incident.

So please be objective. Do you really think that ANY coach in the world would have done it significatively better with our current squad than Pep did? Most of the teams struggle when one or two key players are missing let alone half of their squad
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Fri May 15, 2015 7:10 am

I think if this was Guardiola's first season here, most of us here would agree that he was unlucky with the injuries and for a first season he did really well.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 15, 2015 9:21 am

In his first season here Pep won the double and reached the CL semifinals.

Yes, he failed badly against Real Madrid but even in his first season with Bayern he also had to deal with a lot of injury problems. And I think he learnt from his mistakes when he switched to this 3 man defense with Javi Martinez leading it. That was great against counterattacking teams.

But even when Javi, Schweini, Ribery, Badstuber and Thiago were injured Pep found a new solution to the team. This was our lineup against Rome where we played one of our best games of the last few years.

-----------------------Neuer------------------------
------Benatia-------Boateng------Alaba-----------
Robben---------Lahm-----Alonso-----------Bernat
-------Müller-------Lewandowski------Götze------

I think we all were really enjoying Pep's tactics with Alaba and Boateng appearing everywhere all the time making the tactics impossible to figure out for the opponent team. So even with 5 key players out Pep was able to keep Bayern firing on all cylinders in all 3 competitions.

The problem is that instead of recovering playes, we lost more due to injuries. So reaching the CL semifinal and being competitive against Barça is by no means a catastrophe or something unacceptable.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby pyrasur » Fri May 15, 2015 1:33 pm

This whole season has been like watching a one-armed boxer fight a bout while the crowd gets angry that the boxer can't win the championship. I don't mind the questioning of Guardiola's tactics. Should we play with such a high line, should we play more counterattacking in some situations, should we have gone for the away goal in Barcelona? I can get on board with that kind of questioning. Even the questioning of his praise of Messi is right, even though we should all know this is what Daily Mail type media does, find a crisis and swoop in on a few comments to try and discredit for a few more clicks. But the questions asked here have long passed from being respectful to being completely disrespectful.

You guys ask why Guardiola has no faith in youth, some have claimed he has not done a single thing to promote a youth player to the first team (Ignoring what he's done to get Hojbjerg, Gaudino, Weiser all game time). Then when fields a few youngsters against the likes of Leverkusen everyone gets all :evil: and claim he has a negative points differential against the top 4 clubs (but winning the Bundesliga is easy everyone has done it). The whole Hinrunde we lost not a SINGLE Bundesliga match. But supposedly, with the league won we still have to go all for it against those clubs?

Not to mention the criticism that is starting to get borderline racist. As if the German footballer grows up with a distinctive style in his DNA that is superior to all other playing styles. But hey in the middle of the world cup the same people acted like Germany was broken and the South Americans would win it all with their aggressive football. :lol: Give me a break. This is not Mia san Mia.

P.S. Stop making up facts like "everyone associated with Bayern thinks ______". Congratulations you found 20 people online and a Dietmar Hamann to share your view. Thank you.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Korab » Fri May 15, 2015 1:53 pm

"Not to mention the criticism that is starting to get borderline racist. As if the German footballer grows up with a distinctive style in his DNA that is superior to all other playing styles. But hey in the middle of the world cup the same people acted like Germany was broken and the South Americans would win it all with their aggressive football. :lol: Give me a break. This is not Mia san Mia."
Racism? Really? You must read to many newspapers or watch too much TV. If you don't see distinct differences in systems, technic and approach between NT's you must be blind. And stop mixing racism with it!
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Fri May 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Yes goddamn teams have systems, technic (technique) etc. But people pretending a Spanish coach can't "get" German football is just stupid, or that we need more Germans to play German football is idiotic. Anyone pretending otherwise falls in the same category. This is Bayern, and I thought Bavarians prided themselves on being distinct from the rest of Germany. Bayern is the best club in Germany not just because it has better players, but because it takes the best parts of other styles of football, adds them to the German style we grew up with, and made it our style.

So yes, I am calling it racism to say a certain style is superior only because it's German, or that Bayern should not get South American players because they can't adapt to German football. Not that it would have probably changed anything, but now Barca have Neymar and we have Götze. I wonder who got the better end of that deal.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorge » Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think that I read the same shit about our defense all the time. Even with JUPP our defense was criticised from time to time. Go and check BATE's thread and laugh. I did.

Jorge wrote:I can't think of a team that did not have key players injured; but I get your point: if you give Pep Guardiola a perfect team he will win.

Can you tell me which team had a similar injury crisis this season?

Where did I say similar? I said "every team loses key players due to injuries" You asked other teams' fans and they will tell you that their injuries were more relevant to their roster than ours.

But anyway I do not have to argue, you can try to answer this one:
"Schalke went to Madrid (the same Madrid that spanked us last season) plagued by injuries as well with the likes of Kirchhoff, Aogo, Kolasinac, Draxler and Farfan all injured plus Prince Boateng suspended and pulled out a 3-4 victory almost knocking them out of the Champions League. They fielded unexperienced players such as Sane and Meyer, the other 9 are also well below the team that Pep fielded against Barcelona and Real Madrid last year.
Do you consider Wellenreuther, Höwedes, Matip- Nastasic, Neustädter, -Barnetta, Höger, Meyer, Fuchs, Choupo-Moting, Huntelaar above: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Thiago, Muller, Lewandoski?
I refuse to accept that we can't do better with the team that we fielded, even if we still had lost at the end".

Draxler and Farfan are easily for Schalke what Robben and Ribery are for us; I would say they are actually more since their replacement are players 3 notches below our replacements for Robben and Ribery.

Again: we were trashed!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Can you tell me where is Schalke now because of the injuries? :lol: And by the way, Real Madrid also had many injuries for that match

That was one game. Even Celta won in Camp Nou. It can happen 1 out of 10 times. Even we could have won in Camp Nou if Lewandowski had scored his great chance and now everybody would be just :-$ In fact we also won against Barcelona the second leg and played much better.

But the fact is that Barcelona squad for this match was much better than ours and they were better prepared. Pep had to figure new tactics because of missing half of the squad.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Jorge » Fri May 15, 2015 9:27 pm

MUTU wrote:I think if this was Guardiola's first season here, most of us here would agree that he was unlucky with the injuries and for a first season he did really well.

I wouldn't argue against that. Myself, I felt frustrated after the Real Madrid (just putting into the context that our team was the reigning champions and Madrid had a disastrous record in Munich and came to humiliate Bayern) but I gave Pep the benefit of the doubt even when I thought we could have done better: first year in a new club, with new players in a big game facing a big team.

After watching Bayern throughout this year, specially against teams that are not at our level but have decent roster my skepticism grew to the point that I saw it coming. The Porto game was so bad that was painful to watch, it looked like Bayern at times were adjusting better specially the game against Frankfurt when the useless slow tempo passing around the midline got reduced and the defensive line was better positioned, but then comes the game in Barcelona: we were lucky to came only 0:3 down from that game and listening to Pep's explanation about how possession was the plan and you look at how slow and out of gas players like Alonso and Lahm look to sustain a type of play that requires constant mobility.

The sad part of all this: Pep Guardiola will again and again to his comfort zone, his formula that gave him success in the past but it is proven wrong again and again in the new context and I start to see comments in this forum that Bayern needs to sell all German players and import "Spanish midfield maestros so Pep can play his game"......

I look back only a year and I remember Spain, the reigning champions sent back home from Brazil with all their tiki-taka maestros and Germany going all the way playing a more pragmatic style. My big question is not even the first year or the 2nd year, that's just history, not out best history. My big questions is next year, even more the next 3-4 years.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby pyrasur » Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 am

Jorge wrote:I look back only a year and I remember Spain, the reigning champions sent back home from Brazil with all their tiki-taka maestros and Germany going all the way playing a more pragmatic style. My big question is not even the first year or the 2nd year, that's just history, not out best history. My big questions is next year, even more the next 3-4 years.

You can't even compare the 2014 Spain team with the Spanish teams that won 2008 Euro, 2010 World Cup, and the 2012 Euros. Sure the system is the same, but the personnel were totally different. At the 2014 World Cup, Xavi was 34, Iniesta 30, Xabi Alonso 32, Casillas also 32. If it was simply a matter of style, explain how Germany failed against Spain in 2010, and failed against Italy in 2012? It takes a good system combined with players peaking at the right time.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby dambun » Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 am

Jorge wrote:...we were lucky to came only 0:3 down from that game and listening to Pep's explanation about how possession was the plan...

I still think he might have been right about the plan... if you ignore the first 15min or so, we were not that bad controlling the game... we were totally in control in the 2nd half, and Barca could not find their way back into the game (until the moment Bernat got cocky and tried to dribble past Barca attacker)

Jorge wrote:and out of gas players like Alonso and Lahm look to sustain a type of play that requires constant mobility

That I'm sure was not in Pep's plans... :lol: :lol:
What could he have done, given this injured/unfit/exhausted squad of ours? what would you have us do, Jorge?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 16, 2015 10:34 am

Yea, which were the correct tactics for this match?

Schweini and Javi Martinez as CM duo? The former is out of form and the latter has just recovered from a 9 month injury

Lahm as RB? yeah sure, an out of form Lahm is the best option to play against the MSN

What do you think that Heynckes could have done for this draw against Barça?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Abc456 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 am

An out of form lahm is still better than a thousand rafinhas.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby tflags » Sat May 16, 2015 12:42 pm

pyrasur wrote:
Jorge wrote:I look back only a year and I remember Spain, the reigning champions sent back home from Brazil with all their tiki-taka maestros and Germany going all the way playing a more pragmatic style. My big question is not even the first year or the 2nd year, that's just history, not out best history. My big questions is next year, even more the next 3-4 years.

You can't even compare the 2014 Spain team with the Spanish teams that won 2008 Euro, 2010 World Cup, and the 2012 Euros. Sure the system is the same, but the personnel were totally different. At the 2014 World Cup, Xavi was 34, Iniesta 30, Xabi Alonso 32, Casillas also 32. If it was simply a matter of style, explain how Germany failed against Spain in 2010, and failed against Italy in 2012? It takes a good system combined with players peaking at the right time.

In all fairness that Spanish team was tired of winning everything in their path. By the time they reached the Confed Cup they already knew they were one striker too short (a miracle they managed to pull off a trophy without one at their 2nd Euro) and 11 players too tired to be playing world tournaments every single summer.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League