You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:07 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
Abc456 wrote:lahm , benatia , boateng and bernat at the back with rode , alonso dm , schweinstiger , gotze and muller as attacking midfielders and lewandowski upfront with a tight defense and catching barca on the counter.

That would be a slaughter. You are still dreaming about that game 2 years ago where we had Ribery, Robben and Alaba who were directly responsible for 5 goals which all came from counter attacks. other 2 goals came from set pieces.
Barcelona was not the same barca as this one. They didnt have Neymar and Suarez and Messi was not in top form.

First two goals we conceded in Barcelona were not counters or because of the "high-line"...both goals came from Messi doing his thing...and our defenders not able to take tackle or block the shots.
And 2 other goals at AA were conceded because our defenders couldnt handle that trio. Neymar, messi and suarez against our 7 defenders...and they manage to score.
Second goal was a counter attack but...you see messi winning a header against schweini and benatia...and passing it to suarez who was running onto the ball.

Messi did not do his thing but the entire defense including the Goalkeeper tried to play out from the back resulting in turnovers and ball played to Messi..

The goals at the AA were the stupidest I have seen conceded by a top team when they are 1-0 up in 7 minutes and need 2 more goals. Barca are so poor in set pieces and we created lots of chances anyway. one long ball and a header, the opponent forward is one on with the keeper. Does it get more stupid than this ? By a top team claiming to win the CL ? Please stop this sh*t..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Thu May 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Come on, nobody hates Guardiola, but many do hate the system of his. The only other team, I can think of, which uses similar system is Spanish NT, with known results. Just remember what Holland did to them at WC.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:15 pm

sws wrote:
endrity wrote:
Aequitas1987 wrote:
Well when everyone else succeeded against them Barca didn't have a trio of MSN. Watch the second leg: whenever they weren't attacking they looked uncomfortable. It'd be a stupid decision to just park the bus against them in this form and hope for the best. They're not like Bale who need tons of space in front of them to feel comfortable. Or like Dortmund who can't do shit with possession when teams sit back. They, like Bayern, would love it if teams would just sit back and let them do their thing.

Similarly, I don't think Bayern are comfortable with sitting back. It was safe against Dortmund because, even teams like Freiburg could beat them by parking the bus since they couldn't do anything with possession. Even then we were a little lucky.

I think the biggest mistake was going full throttle and losing composure after conceding. Whenever we concede, the following 10-15 minutes are pure pain to watch. That and the lack of subs in midfield and the Muller sub were the biggest mistakes, and not playing possession.

Why do the guardiola fanboys think that asking the team to defend properly means 'park the bus' ? Bayern did not do that sh*t 2 seasons ago and won.. Who, other than the possession football fundamentalist Guardiola, will play that ridiculous high line against MSN ? Probably Arsene wenger. But Wenger has long been excluded from winning anything.. Are Bayern fans becoming Arsenal-like? thinking that fourth place finish is a trophy in itself ?

Biggest mistake was not even in the Camp nou. But in the AA when you got the 1st goal in 7 minutes. You could have played less adventurously, defended well and create some decent chances. But hell, one long ball was enough to rip the defense apart. Had they kept the clean sheet till half time, he could have thrown everything at them in the last few minutes, but hell.. the super-manager is like a kid playing football manager. So naive, so arrogant and so idiotic..

Stop this lame excuses. He got 2 seasons to do something. Hasn't done anything to convince anyone. Bayern has not improved in any area except possession. And that is due to the numerous sideways passes at the back..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu May 14, 2015 5:16 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: We been an incomplete team all season long, not just the last 4 games...

I can't think of a team that did not have key players injured; but I get your point: if you give Pep Guardiola a perfect team he will win.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote: We been an incomplete team all season long, not just the last 4 games...

I can't think of a team that did not have key players injured; but I get your point: if you give Pep Guardiola a perfect team he will win.

Well it IS the team we have... As some have pointed out, CL requires a lot of luck. We didn't have it this season, that's no reason to hate Pep.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Thu May 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Agreed with several here that Pep shouldn't be hated. An injury plagued team without it's key players will NOT function to what tactical ideas and awareness you have instilled in the team. We've had to employ different formations and tactics to what Pep desires, and he himself has learned that the hard way with some games.

But Pep is the coach, and I hope he remains for at least 2 more seasons to help realize his ideas and what can become of Bayern in the future. I do believe we can win the CL in the next couple of seasons, but no need to hate him because we made the semi-finals but failed to make the finals because of those "little" things we see between teams at this stage, and ours was a "huge" thing with both injuries and out of form players.

Under the circumstances there is not a coach in this world that could have made the difference. With some other coach we wouldn't have made it as far as we did.

The Pep haters speak as though this is a video game and we can just turn on cheat mode.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu May 14, 2015 6:14 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: that's no reason to hate Pep.

hate?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote: that's no reason to hate Pep.

hate?

Sorry I don't really keep track of who said what, but there are many many Pep haters/Peprausers lately.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Thu May 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Lets make clear distinction who is Pep lover and who is hater. Is there anything in between allowed?
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu May 14, 2015 6:42 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Jorge wrote:

Well it IS the team we have... As some have pointed out, CL requires a lot of luck. We didn't have it this season, that's no reason to hate Pep.

Schalke went to Madrid (the same Madrid that spanked us last season) plagued by injuries as well with the likes of Kirchhoff, Aogo, Kolasinac, Draxler and Farfan all injured plus Prince Boateng suspended and pulled out a 3-4 victory almost knocking them out of the Champions League. They fielded unexperienced players such as Sane and Meyer, the other 9 are also well below the team that Pep fielded against Barcelona and Real Madrid last year.
Do you consider Wellenreuther, Höwedes, Matip- Nastasic, Neustädter, -Barnetta, Höger, Meyer, Fuchs, Choupo-Moting, Huntelaar above: Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Bernat, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Thiago, Muller, Lewandoski?
I refuse to accept that we can't do better with the team that we fielded, even if we still had lost at the end.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby mats19 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:32 pm

You can't compare RM( whitout Modric, and in a different moment than last year) with Barça, the best team in europe, with MSN up front.

What Shalcke did is proud off, but they had a good night, and i doubt they could reach any further with they injured team.
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Criticising is pretty much fine, I don't think even Pep's most devoted supporters can justify the public Messi and Barcelona love spread.

Plot twist: his comments were a negotiating ploy to convince Messi to join Bayern this summer. 8) :lol:

I'd love to see the reaction here if that happened. :mrgreen:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:43 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Could it be that we are buying him this summer??

we have the same thoughts :D
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby mats19 » Thu May 14, 2015 11:05 pm

Messi? We already have Gotze.. 8)
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Jorge » Fri May 15, 2015 3:27 am

mats19 wrote:You can't compare RM( whitout Modric, and in a different moment than last year) with Barça, the best team in europe, with MSN up front.

What Shalcke did is proud off, but they had a good night, and i doubt they could reach any further with they injured team.

Modric, that's the reason: I didn't think about that one.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League