You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
51%
It will end in a draw
6%
FC Barcelona will win
43%

Total votes : 35

Re: [2015-05-12] Bayern Munich vs FC Barcelona

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm

I don't know how Pep can get so much blame when he was missing 3 of 4 key players vs Barca also Muller and Lewa didn't do him any favors by being wasteful in their chances. If Lewa or Muller made their chances at the Nou Camp this would have been a very different tie. Instead Barca proved to be more clinical and won the game deservedly. When you have a player like Messi who can make something out of nothing you need to make your chances count and sadly Bayern didn't do that.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Thu May 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know how Pep can get so much blame when he was missing 3 of 4 key players vs Barca also Muller and Lewa didn't do him any favors by being wasteful in their chances. If Lewa or Muller made their chances at the Nou Camp this would have been a very different tie. Instead Barca proved to be more clinical and won the game deservedly. When you have a player like Messi who can make something out of nothing you need to make your chances count and sadly Bayern didn't do that.

To answer your ? if Barca did not waste their chances the final outcome of the tie would've been much worse for Bayern.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sws » Thu May 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Korab wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I don't know how Pep can get so much blame when he was missing 3 of 4 key players vs Barca also Muller and Lewa didn't do him any favors by being wasteful in their chances. If Lewa or Muller made their chances at the Nou Camp this would have been a very different tie. Instead Barca proved to be more clinical and won the game deservedly. When you have a player like Messi who can make something out of nothing you need to make your chances count and sadly Bayern didn't do that.

To answer your ? if Barca did not waste their chances the final outcome of the tie would've been much worse for Bayern.

They didn't ask any question.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Thu May 14, 2015 3:44 pm

sws wrote:
Korab wrote:

They didn't ask any question.

"I don't know how Pep can get so much blame..." sounds to me like ?, but if's not sorry.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:45 pm

It was a rhetorical question :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:
Jorge wrote:If you tell me that Bayern is going to keep Pep for the next 10 years to change the club inside out and we have to sacrifice the present, maybe I will be able to understand how Bayern is willing to keep a failing coach because I doubt that Guardiola will win big with this group of players.

Why do you say we are sacrificing the present? We got knocked out in the semis and won the BL while unluckly got out in DFB Pokal semis. That is by no standards a bad season. No club in the world can call that a bad season. And we won the double previous season.
Borussia Dortmund fans can say they had a bad season. If I were to rate this season I would give it 4 stars [out of five]. and that is by no standards a bad one...considering we had the biggest injury problems in our history.

Sometimes I just think that some of you dont know how to take a defeat.

Don't make it sound like we lost in well contested matches. When we lost to Chelsea we were frustrated but for the most part we threw the support to the losing coach: we all understood that we came short due to details that could be fixed. Now, We were trashed two years in a row in Europe. I refuse to accept this is the standard and it is completely different to get out of that hole.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu May 14, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu May 14, 2015 3:58 pm

harry-muc wrote:
Bayernbazi wrote:
harry-muc wrote:im proud, proud of the team and proud of the most part of the fans in the stadium. can you imagine something like that at madrid? if you want a coach to go, because of just winning the league...then bayern is not the place for you. theres much more to being a fan than the biggest wins and the most titles. its the defeats, that merges the fan with the club. i read in the pep thread one comment about "passing" next season because peps bayern isnt the bayern it used to be (successwise?)... thats a shame. some people should learn to identify themselves with the club as a whole and not just the victories.

Hi harry-muc, you're always welcome with your comments, where you at the AA yesterday ?
I am sorry that any objective discussion has to end with being either labelled PROPEP or PEPRAUS.
Yesterday I was absolutely proud of the players and the fans staying behind the team all the way no matter what and that's how it should be.
I know how it feels, I was in Munich for the 2012 final and although the result was a big disappointment I still lived an unforgettable experience and left Munich with a stronger heart that we will get there. I cannot imagine how it is possible to stay off for a season
However I cannot say I am proud reading everywhere about Pep's super adjectives for Messi and that no one can stop him. One asks if the Head Coach really believed as much as the players and genuine supporters that we could have made the miracle possible. This is not about the lack of success but about hurt pride making Bayern look like some low team and only just started to play football when he took over.

i had no luck with the barca tickets, but i had the "pleasure" to watch the cup match against dortmund live in the stadium.
about the pep discussion: yeah, hes not perfect ( lahm is a right back) and yeah, some comments about messi and barca were not necessary ( but his wish for barca winning the final is completely natural...he has barca in his heart and thats ok), but so what? thats no reason to get rid of him. do you want to know who my favorite bayern coach in the last 30 years was? ...the mister, the great trap. 8)

Glad that you were there for the DFB pokal game against BVB, the AA must have been on fire. Disappointing result but the fresh injuries on Robben and Lewa were a symbol of this whole season. I hope that the management analyses this loss of stamina by March / April and cause of long injuries as these are becoming a game changer when we need to get the best of the team, maybe we can get a better chance next season.
I remember the good old Trap, whistling on the sidelines and watching that infamous press conference 'Strunz this Strunz' that in disbelief. I also remember him making Klinsmann kicking a hole in that battery model...last year I was there for the last game against Stuttgart and the Meisterfeier and saw it at the Erlebniswelt. I remember the Kaiser before the Trap period as well but I have very high esteem for The General, Hitzfeld.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Thu May 14, 2015 3:58 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:It was a rhetorical question :P

Yeah I know, but sometimes they can be answered. My wife is best at it, when I ask "Am I an idiot to believe that?" the answer usually is "Yes, my love".
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu May 14, 2015 4:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote: I'm not saying Pep has been or done perfectly. He certainly messed up against Madrid last year, he said so himself. Regardless of the rest of the results, we did win the Bundesliga this season didn't we? What I'm saying is not that he is perfect infallible or whatever. Just saying that we had a horrendous streak of bad luck. I just think that Pep should be given a last chance at least.

1) Every single Bayern coach in the last 20 years won the Bundesliga (except Jurgen Klinsmann) Is that your standard? Did Bayern bring Pep Guardiola just to do that?

2) a horrendous streak of bad luck? No comments.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby ramsej84 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:07 pm

LvG with a down to earth team brought us on the brink of a treble.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Abc456 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Guardiola will not even change his tactics even after these two thrashings in UCL he will still believe that we controlled the game but did not created chances . The same excuse I have been hearing for quite a time now.
Super Bayern Fan.
Abc456
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
International Hydrographic Organization

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 4:17 pm

Jorge wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote: I'm not saying Pep has been or done perfectly. He certainly messed up against Madrid last year, he said so himself. Regardless of the rest of the results, we did win the Bundesliga this season didn't we? What I'm saying is not that he is perfect infallible or whatever. Just saying that we had a horrendous streak of bad luck. I just think that Pep should be given a last chance at least.

1) Every single Bayern coach in the last 20 years won the Bundesliga (except Jurgen Klinsmann) Is that your standard? Did Bayern bring Pep Guardiola just to do that?

No. I do believe this generation should be taken advantage off and that Pep was brought for that. But what I'm saying is we haven't had a chance to see the true potential of Pep's Bayern yet because of injuries. Last season I won't defend because I was against what pep did that season. Players and coach were adapting to each other to new ideas and new country and being his first season with us, I believe he deserves leeway on that. This season, however was a completely different issue. The football we were playing was great and I have no doubt that we would have won the CL if it were not for the injuries and out of form players (due to injuries and under rotation).
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:59 pm

Aequitas1987 wrote:
Then you look at the resulting tactics; the 'sucidal' high line according to some of you peeps is what was absolutely necessary to execute these tactics to perfection, provided that our pressing was as intense as the last half of the tie. We didn't do that level of pressing in the first half and we played poor offisde traps due to Benatia/Boateng/Rafinha/Bernat having lack of chemistry. Trust me you throw either Martinez (if fully fit) or Alaba along with Benatia and Boateng and the offisde trap would have worked flawlessly.

And for all you people who think we should have played differently, what is your grand alternative tactically? Jupp's Bayern? Look at the players he had to his disposal compared to Pep. We didn't have the width he had with Robbery. Jupp played a contained pressing game, where he lulled Barcelona into a certain area and then aggressively pressed as a unit to win the ball and go for the counter. Do you see any fast players outside of Muller for us to counter with? You want to counter with Muller, Schweinsteiger, Gotze? Not going to happen. Secondly, giving possession to this Barcelona team and allowing their front three to link up is just asking to be slaughtered. All three individually are giant threats and the more time you give them on the ball the more dangerous they get, stopping all three is not easy at all.

Guardiola got the tactics almost right; maybe Martinez should have started in the 3 man defense. If most of the team were fitter (Thiago, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Lewandowski, Alonso, Benatia) then our pressing game could have been better and we would have won this tie similar to Jupp's Bayern. Lack of chemistry, injuries and lack of fitness for the high intensity pressing game are to blame.

" You want to counter with Muller, Schweinsteiger, Gotze?"
You should look at Germany NT..

"giving possession to this Barcelona team and allowing their front three to link up is just asking to be slaughtered"
Inter, Chelsea, Bayern, Athletico have all done it before..

" Lack of chemistry, injuries and lack of fitness for the high intensity pressing game are to blame."
Alonso is asked to move to the defense and pick up the balls from the GK.. The offside trap was easily broken because of him at least 3 times.. he's not a defender and is not trained for offside traps..

Go to hell Guardiola.. Bayern doesnt need you to make them come to this state. Even Sam Allardyce would have done a better job than this..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Jorge wrote:

No. I do believe this generation should be taken advantage off and that Pep was brought for that. But what I'm saying is we haven't had a chance to see the true potential of Pep's Bayern yet because of injuries. Last season I won't defend because I was against what pep did that season. Players and coach were adapting to each other to new ideas and new country and being his first season with us, I believe he deserves leeway on that. This season, however was a completely different issue. The football we were playing was great and I have no doubt that we would have won the CL if it were not for the injuries and out of form players (due to injuries and under rotation).

Then can you explain the negative point difference against the top 4 teams in the Bundesliga? Bayern cant even beat the likes of Woflsburg, Gladbach and Leverkusen and you want them to win the CL ?
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 14, 2015 5:04 pm

Marck11 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
Jorge wrote:[quote="PunkCapitalist"] I'm not saying Pep has been or done perfectly. He certainly messed up against Madrid last year, he said so himself. Regardless of the rest of the results, we did win the Bundesliga this season didn't we? What I'm saying is not that he is perfect infallible or whatever. Just saying that we had a horrendous streak of bad luck. I just think that Pep should be given a last chance at least.

Then can you explain the negative point difference against the top 4 teams in the Bundesliga? Bayern cant even beat the likes of Woflsburg, Gladbach and Leverkusen and you want them to win the CL ?[/quote]
We been an incomplete team all season long, not just the last 4 games...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League