You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea F.C.

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win the Champions League final
92%
Chelsea F.C. will win the Champions League final
8%

Total votes : 87

Re: [2012-05-19] Bayern Munich vs Chelsea F.C.

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:26 am

RAGHU wrote:Dalglish: Champions League final in Munich is unfair on Chelsea

:Facepalm: :-s :-s

i believe the host stadium was chosen in 2010, how can UEFA know Bayern will reach the finals.

Dalglish, Y U no use brain

In other words, Dalglish is saying that UEFA should host the final in Anfield every year so we won't have this problem. :twisted:

He's just angry that we're going to catch up with Liverpool in European titles.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 am

BayernLeb wrote:and about ManCity I was talking whom to choose btw Rafihna and Contento. But thanks anws

I think both are good enough, Contento is better defensively and Rafinha is better offensively. However I do not think that it is ideal to switch Lahm back to the left for such an important game now. I would much rather play Contento.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:45 am

That was under van Gaal. Pretty much ancient history as far as van Buyten is concerned.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby smaw2010 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
BayernLeb wrote:and about ManCity I was talking whom to choose btw Rafihna and Contento. But thanks anws

I think both are good enough, Contento is better defensively and Rafinha is better offensively. However I do not think that it is ideal to switch Lahm back to the left for such an important game now. I would much rather play Contento.

I agree with you that Contento is better defensively and Rafinha is better offensively. However, I think that Contento does not have enough experience, this is my only concern, I don't know if he can play well in such a tense match. I agree that moving lahm to the left would be a bad idea also because he is more comfortable in the right and he has good partnership with Robben.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:52 am

Chelsea's options at centre-half for next month's Champions League final against Bayern Munich have been left threadbare amid fears that Gary Cahill may not recover from the hamstring injury sustained at Barcelona in time to feature in the showpiece on 19 May.

Cahill, who has described feeling a "pop" in the back of his thigh as he stretched into an early challenge at the Camp Nou, lasted only 12 minutes of the semi-final and scans undertaken back at Cobham confirm there is significant damage to the hamstring. The interim first-team coach, Roberto Di Matteo, was cagey over Cahill's prospects on Friday but there is an acceptance at the club that the England defender now faces a race to be fit and is a major doubt for the game at the Allianz Arena.

"We hope, and we will try, to get him back fit as soon as possible," said Di Matteo. "But at the moment it's difficult to put a date on it. It's too early to clarify that. We'll have to see how his injury improves on a daily basis. At the moment all we can say is we hope that he'll recover as quickly as possible. That's our hope and our aim. When he's going to be fit, we can't say."

The loss of the €8.59m January signing from Bolton would constitute a considerable blow, given his recent encouraging form in the Chelsea first team, but it feels even more significant given the suspensions that had already stretched the London club's resources in the Champions League. John Terry is suspended from the match in Munich following his red card for kneeing Alexis Sánchez from behind during Tuesday's 2-2 draw in Spain and Branislav Ivanovic picked up his third yellow card of the competition for scuffing up the penalty spot in that game meaning he, too, will watch the final from the stands.

The situation is further complicated by David Luiz's absence at present, also with a hamstring injury sustained in the FA Cup semi-final victory over Tottenham Hotspur. The Brazilian has returned to light jogging but will not feature against Queens Park Rangers on Sunday, when Ivanovic will serve the last game of a three-match suspension on the home front for a violent conduct charge.

"Neither Gary nor David Luiz will be available for this weekend and then we'll assess them," Di Matteo added. "For the moment, neither is available. David is getting better but we don't know when he'll be ready for the first team. He won't make this Sunday's match, though."

There is optimism that the Brazilian will be fit to return before the match against Bayern, when he will be the only recognised centre-back available. The Portugal full-backs José Bosingwa and Paulo Ferreira have both previously filled in as emergency centre-halves – with one of the pair likely to start in the middle alongside Terry against QPR – while the midfielders Oriol Romeu, Mikel John Obi and Michael Essien all have limited first-team experience at playing in the back-line.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:01 am

Its all mindgames. Cahill will be back for the final.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby dambun » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:10 am

Let's win this match in our legendary stadium.... and then we'll say: Oh Goodness!!! Winning the CL trophy feels almost as good as winning the dream treble.... who cares about the BL title when you are EuropaMeister... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby pavlos21 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:Its all mindgames. Cahill will be back for the final.

damn.i forgot cahill.so chelsea can have a defensive line with bosigwa,cahill,luiz,cole not bad at all and much better than the ones we can have. :(
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am

Of course it's bad. If Boateng is prone to errors in concentration, Luiz and Cahill take the grand prize. Add to that the laughably bad Bosingwa and past his expiry date Cole, and their defense is waiting for a battering.

However, Di Matteo is a clever lad and screening that backline with Mikel and Essien will shore up the leaking spots quite well.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 am

4 good names but Bosingwa and Cole are bein pretty average this season

BTW I read that Van Buyten will mostly miss the game :|
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby pavlos21 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:06 pm

i agree that they are not so reliable especially luiz and cahill.bosigwa is really bad also, but i will disagree about cole.he made an amazing game against barca.

bad or good form you must see the potential from the players.i mean cole is by far the best wing back of the last decade and more in england and one of the best 5 in the world even in bad form.in a good day he can stop both robben and ribery.lets hope the good day wont be in the final.
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby quaazi » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:16 pm

pavlos21 wrote:i mean cole is by far the best wing back of the last decade and more in england and one of the best 5 in the world even in bad form.

hahahahaha oh jesus you made me wet my pants.

Besides, it's not too difficult to look good defending against a fullback like Dani Alves or a 21-year old winger with almost no European experience like Cuenca. Robben is a whole different beast.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:21 pm

smaw2010 wrote:I agree with you that Contento is better defensively and Rafinha is better offensively. However, I think that Contento does not have enough experience, this is my only concern, I don't know if he can play well in such a tense match. I agree that moving lahm to the left would be a bad idea also because he is more comfortable in the right and he has good partnership with Robben.

Well Rafinha is much older than Contento but still he hasn't played that many games of this level...

As for Chelsea's defense, we can score against anyone. You should be more worried about who we're going to play in defense rather than who we will be facing.
Last edited by FCBayernMunchen on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pavlos21 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:24 pm

quaazi wrote:
pavlos21 wrote:i mean cole is by far the best wing back of the last decade and more in england and one of the best 5 in the world even in bad form.

hahahahaha oh jesus you made me wet my pants.

Besides, it's not too difficult to look good defending against a fullback like Dani Alves or a 21-year old winger with almost no European experience like Cuenca. Robben is a whole different beast.

so probably you don't have a big idea about football my friend....

we all saw robben against marcelo.i don't really remember one time that robben passed him in one on one with potentials to attack.

cole has the skill to do the same
pavlos21
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:47 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
RAGHU wrote:Dalglish: Champions League final in Munich is unfair on Chelsea

:Facepalm: :-s :-s

i believe the host stadium was chosen in 2010, how can UEFA know Bayern will reach the finals.

Dalglish, Y U no use brain

In other words, Dalglish is saying that UEFA should host the final in Anfield every year so we won't have this problem. :twisted:

He's just angry that we're going to catch up with Liverpool in European titles.

Hahah if u click on the link then thats exactly what i posted there last night as a comment u can see :P
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League